“Good choice in Oia”

Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Oia
Dublin, Ireland
“Good choice in Oia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Atrina Traditional Houses are an excellent choice. It is not cheap to stay here, but in the context of hotel pricing in Oia (generally very expensive), you get what you pay for, plus a bit. I reckon one could pay a lot more and not really be any more happy.

Location is ideal for Oia, and the family who own/manage it are extremely helpful and very pleasant people to deal with. The views are magnificent from the room balconies. The quality of the rooms and the servicing of same were of a very high standard.

It was our first time in Santorini, and we drew a few conclusions: (1) for older people like us (50s and 60s age group), Oia is the only place on the island to stay, assuming you can afford it. (2) It was often windier than we expected, so sunbathing in May can be a borderline activity (3) the restaurants in Santorini are good but not great; we had better dining experiences in Mykonos, at lower cost.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

A good friend recommended Atrina Houses to us and we couldn't have been more pleased. The traditional canavas, located in a quiet part of Oia, with impressive views make for a wonderful stay. However, the superb personal service certainly make it a place you'll want to return to again and again! Thanks to Melanie, Athena and the rest of the attentive staff.

• Stayed May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Atrina for our honeymoon. The views were some of the best in Oia, if not the best in Santorini. The cave house we stayed in (Canava Suite) was true to Santorini style. It was minimalistic and bright, yet rustic and spacious. We enjoyed waking up each morning to a delicious breakfast provided to us on our private balcony. The staff was always friendly and happy to assist us with transportation, tourist information, reservations, or any questions. The service was exceptional. Our suite was cleaned twice a day. We highly recommend Atrina to anyone considering staying in Santorini.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Words and pictures won't do Atrina Traditional Houses any justice. We travelled as a family and chose the 2 bedroom apartment for my parents, sister and I. After a Iong search of the perfect place I stumbled upon this hotel on Trip Advisor and chose it for my mother's 50th Birthday. The service was outstanding, all staff greeted with a warm and welcoming smile especially a bell boy named Costa who had kindly helped my family with luggages and setting our breakfast table upon arrival till our 5am departure 3 days later. Our host Adriana also recommended a perfect restaurant 5 minutes walk from the apartment. After a long ferry trip from Athens, great service is VERY important! The view from our balcony was breathtaking, Oia is the BEST location in Santorini, it's close to all the must sees and less crowded. My family and I highly recommend this to other families and especially couples. Everything was magic.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartment has a spacious kitchen and 2 bathrooms, beautiful lounge area and the main b...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This review is very overdue,
Before I begin, i would like to tell you that we are both travellers from Canada and I have been to many different 5 stars hotels/resorts around North America.

My wife and I went there for our Honeymoon July 2013 and the place blew us away. First off, the scenery is breathtaking, and the room is extremely unique, carved out into a cave. in your room you are provided with a music system preloaded with CDs that would suit every mood, especially when you are sitting outside on you beach chairs enjoying your view or breakfast in a semi private balcony.

Secondly, Service Fantastic. My wife had brought a hair straighter from Canada, and i had a converted, but for some reason, my converted got burned and as a result, the hair straightener got ruined. Called in Reception, i asked them if we can go somewhere to buy a hair straighter and i explained what had happened, they immediately sent someone to see what the issue was, brought one of their own hair straighter to use and a converter, no charge and I did not even ask for that. now that is what i call service.

You pre-order your breakfast in the morning, and they will bring it to your balcony at exactly the time you specified, they will softly knock on your door and leave, without even waiting for a tip.

I highly recommend this place for couples, it is very romantic place, excellent service, breathtaking view and location.

I hope I return one day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hkhadori
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I carefully selected Atrina as I was planning a special holiday with my girlfriend on which I planned to propose. I was not disappointed. The hotel is exactly as it looks on the website. Each room is half built into the cliff and the hotel sort of tumbles down the cliff just below the pedestrian walkway into Oia. Each room has a beautiful little terrace (ours was very private) that overlooks the stunning Caldera. I popped the question on the terrace as the sun went down over the headland, and my now fiancee said yes - in truth, in that setting, it would be very difficult to say anything else. The room (Tholos II) is spacious, the bed very comfortable and the little terrace is so perfect that we spent quite a bit of time simply relaxing there. The staff are extremely welcoming and the breakfast that they bring to your room each morning is divine. And finally, the location is absolutely ideal being a short walk into the beautiful village of Oia but just slightly away from the busiest parts. We had a wonderful 3 nights and could easily have stayed a little longer. In my view Atrina represents fantastic value.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked excellent to me - ours was Tholos II which suited us very well.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

4 Thank Richard W
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

From the stunning views, cute and cozy rooms, friendly service and awesome breakfasts, this place did not disappoint. We loved the location and would highly recommend for a honeymoon stay in Santorini.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple