“Atrina Tradition Houses = Little piece of heaven!”
Review of Atrina Canava 1894

Atrina Canava 1894
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Studio. Truly a five star experience! The view from our windows and balcony was absolutely divine. Rooms are pristinely clean and beds are very comfortable. The service was impeccable. The staff is extremely knowledgable and helpful in recommending activities that suite you. Location is incredibly convenient-- lots of great sights, restaurants, boutiques, bakeries all within walking distance. Also, when asked to make us dinner reservations/recommendations we always ended up with some of the best views at the restaurants. Very unique and special experience. We will for sure come back and recommend to all our friends and family!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Natasha553

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed a 5 night stay in the Junior suite with our 2 teenage daughters in July of 2013, and regret not staying longer. The accommodations were spotless and spacious, the view was breathtaking, and the included breakfast on the terrace was excellent. There is also a small pool, and pool bar with food menu to order any additional items throughout the day, whether for the room, your private terrace or common pool lounge area. The owners and staff were always extremely helpful with all restaurant reservations, added requests (they brought a cake and flowers for my daughter's birthday), touring reservations (catamaran ride) etc. There was also a convenient lot to park our rented car across the street. Santorini has many beautiful sights and great beaches and should not only be a "quick-stop" destination. We would definitely return to this wonderful and quaint hotel right on the path to all the shops and restaurants in Oia, and would not hesitate to stay even longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a short-notice trip for me and my husband. I have another engagement that required me to be in another country so this whole trip, as per usual, was impromptu. Luckily, I was able to book Atrina on short notice especially that it was me and my husband's anniversary.

In choosing which hotel in Oia, it is hard to go wrong with Atrina. It is perfectly located at the beginning of Oia. The property affords an amazing view of the Caldera with the traditional white houses jutting out to the left and the right of the property. Really, really stunning both day and night. You can enjoy the view from your window or your patio as each unit has its own patio. As per the appointment itself. I really have nothing much to complain about. It is a boutique hotel with cozy, bright, and well-appointed suite room. The idea that I love most about Atrina however is that it is family-run and you can see the love and care they put into the upkeep and running of this property. The hotel grounds and service is impeccable.

Hotel facilities include a pool, bar, and room service. They serve breakfast delivered to your patio. The food is just okay but served in generous portion. I did not order room service. We ate out all the time as there were some fantastic restaurants in the area.

Now, on the big deal of choosing which room in Atrina. I walked around the property and found that all units were cute, I would say for limited availabilities, any units should do. But if you have a choice, some units have better views and are more private. Let me lay it out to you in case this is your bottleneck making the booking decision - as it was mine, so I hope this helps.

Xenonas is truly private, it is their honeymoon suite. Next to that, there is the Atrina Villa, Dimitri and also, Mina. The properties are separated by walls from each other. Also private are the Canava and Irene being that these units are on the far end. The units Melanie and Alexander in a way are very private as well. They have a separate entrance. It's just that their patios are adjacent to each that one's lounging is visible to the other, plus these units have no direct connection to the pool.

I personally chose between Xenonas, Dimitri, and Mina. Dimitri was already booked so that was out. I was about to book Xenonas but realized that the tiny patio despite the jacuzzi, might irritate me. I finally booked Mina and I wasn't irked at all!! Thank you for your reviews, I loved my stay.

Thank you also most especially to Atrina's management; Irene, Athena, Elaine, Costa, and Gentian. Oia, Santorini is such an exotic, stunning, lovely place. You helped us have such a fine time there.

3  Thank Daisy A
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second visit to Santorini. The first time we stayed in Fira. Oia is quieter than Fira and more picturesque. Atrina Traditional Houses in Oia was wonderful. The staff were excellent. The location couldn't have been any better; however, we did find that for the vast majority of accommodations in Oia, the sunsets weren't visible. There are several restaurants where you can see the sunsets and are worth reserving a table by the window. We stayed in Atrina's "Melanie's House" which provides more privacy on the patio, easier access than the "houses" on the lower levels, the views from our patio were magnificent. The toiletries provided were exceptional, the shower was incredible, and the robes and slippers were an unexpected delight. Our arrival was well coordinated, to the point of perfection--even though our plane was several hours late arriving, the transportation arranged by Atrina Houses was suburb. Our driver was waiting at the airport, and hotel staff were awaiting our arrival in Oia, to transfer our luggage a couple of hundred yards from the main road. They even had a food platter awaiting us in our room because they knew that due to our 5-hour delayed flight, we would probably be hungry. Every morning, within 15 minutes of placing our order breakfast was delivered to our patio We would definitely recommend Atrina Houses, not only for the quality of accommodation, but also the exceptional service provided by all of the staff! If staying in Oia again, we would not hesitate to re-book with Atrina Houses. The reservation and billing process were flawless.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in Irene's room for our honeymoon. We booked on the basis of the Tripadvisor reviews. Everything was perfect! Our balcony was huge and very private and we had a delicious beautiful breakfast brought to us each morning. Needless to say the views are spectacular. The room is stunning and the bathroom very impressive. The staff are incredibly attentive but also discreet. We couldn't have asked for a better place to spend our honeymoon.

2  Thank JML U
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Atrina Traditional Houses are an excellent choice. It is not cheap to stay here, but in the context of hotel pricing in Oia (generally very expensive), you get what you pay for, plus a bit. I reckon one could pay a lot more and not really be any more happy.

Location is ideal for Oia, and the family who own/manage it are extremely helpful and very pleasant people to deal with. The views are magnificent from the room balconies. The quality of the rooms and the servicing of same were of a very high standard.

It was our first time in Santorini, and we drew a few conclusions: (1) for older people like us (50s and 60s age group), Oia is the only place on the island to stay, assuming you can afford it. (2) It was often windier than we expected, so sunbathing in May can be a borderline activity (3) the restaurants in Santorini are good but not great; we had better dining experiences in Mykonos, at lower cost.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A good friend recommended Atrina Houses to us and we couldn't have been more pleased. The traditional canavas, located in a quiet part of Oia, with impressive views make for a wonderful stay. However, the superb personal service certainly make it a place you'll want to return to again and again! Thanks to Melanie, Athena and the rest of the attentive staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
0 mi away
Ikies - Traditional Houses
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#1 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Atrina Canava 1894? Share your experiences!