We stayed at the Atrina Traditional Houses for 5 nights for our honeymoon. I'll start with the positives:
- view was amaing - right over the caldera, although note that you can't see the sunset as it is blocked by the buildings.
- our stay was really relaxing and romantic - great to just sit on the balcony and take in the view while reading a book or eating breakfast
- breakfast each morning was really delicious - especially the fruit and greek yoghurt. You also get a basket of pastries and tea/coffee and a fresh OJ.
- location is excellent - about 5 minutes walk into the main shopping/restaurant area of Oia
- service was great - Marina gave a lot of information (e.g. sailing cruise, rental of a car or scooter, massages). You are given a mobile phone to reach reception whenever they are not physically there. The staff were really friendly - especially the pool bar staff and staff who bring your breakfast to your balcony each morning.
The points I thought were not so great:
- It was a real shame we didn't get any special treatment as it was our honeymoon. I assume everyone goes to Oia for their honeymoon but that is no excuse not to provide something a little extra (eg a congratulations card). I got this service at a hotel which was a third of the price!
- The rooms are a little basic - I know these are small things but for the money you pay you would expect a lot better in quality - e.g. toilet paper is very flimsy, bathroom products are pretty dismal so bring your own (compared to a hotel we stayed at for 1/3 of the price), floor was grimy - it looks like concrete which has been painted over but has a lot of marks on it, bathroom was a huge room but had a tiny shower in a corner - the rest of the bathroom could have been used to install a jacuzzi (something you would expect for the price you pay).
- We were told that the cheaper rooms were not available for the period of our stay so ended up staying in a more expensive room. However, while we were there we noticed some of the nights the cheaper rooms were empty. So, if you are staying for a long period of time and don't mind moving rooms to another room, I would recommend asking if a cheaper room is available for some of your trip. We did see one other couple move from an expensive room to a cheaper room halfway during their stay so it is possible.
All in all, I had a really enjoyable honeymoon in Oia and would recommend this hotel but just keep in mind that you are paying a lot of money simply because of the view and location!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Atrina Canava 1894 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrina Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Atrina Traditional Hotel
- Atrina Traditional Oia
- Atrina Canava 1894 Santorini/Oia