I actually just left Santorini and am in Mykonos right now so I am giving you a very fresh review .
Paid: 608 euros which was around $780 dollars for 4 nights.
1. Included breakfast which consisted of: cereal, greek yogurt, fruit, croissant, marble cake, rolls, ham, cheese, juice (average breakfast but similiar to other European breakfasts). They will also make any type of coffee which was actually a plus. Greek coffee is not my favorite :)
2. We had a bedroom that was connected to a small living area which had a tv, small kitchenette with a fridge, couch, dining table and some chairs.
3. We also had a balcony with three chairs, a table and umbrella.
4. Would I stay there again, yes, butI have only been to Santorini once so I can't compare this to another stay.
5. Parking was free and pretty close. Definitely rent-a-car while you are there.
1. By far, the best view ever...hands down. Worth every penny we paid. People who say the sunset is over-rated is very wrong. It is magnificient. I could see the caldera as well but I think the sunset rocks and it was fun waiting for it and feeling pretty lucky that we had chairs and other people were crowded together trying to grab a glimpse. Since there was a kitchen, I made some cofee while my husband drank a Mythos. Absolutely wonderful.
2. Great staff, George and Hodgey (I know I am not spelling this incorrectly. Gave us great recommendations and brought our breakfast to us.
3. It is on the very edge of Oia, so it was very quiet and only a couple of minutes to the touristy area.
4. Gave us free bottles of water during breakfast.
5. I liked how it had a separate living area.
1. As mentioned in other reviews, the towels should be replaced.
2. The bed is hard.
3. The inside furnishings are dated.
4. Internet was free but a little tricky. Could never get my laptop to connect but ipad and iphone worked ok (intermittently) as long as I was outside or by the breakfast.
5. The room has a damp smell but I think that would be the same in any type of cave house, so it really is not a needs improvement but something I wanted to share.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your holidays at Golden Sunset Villas in one of the most picturesque Santorini hotels in Oia overlooking the marvellous Caldera and the sunset! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Sunset Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sunset Villas Hotel Oia
- Golden Sunset Hotel
- Golden Sunset Villas Santorini/Oia