“Serenity and Relaxation in Santorini” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Delfini
Ranked #7 of 72 Speciality Lodging in Oia
Melbourne, Australia
“Serenity and Relaxation in Santorini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Well positioned in a quiet location over looking the caldera. Woke up to the tranquil view of the flat caldera with ferries and cruise ships passing in the distance. Excellent service and very helpful. Would return for a memorable experience.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Dorset
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Well lets start with the postives. Great view, great location, lovely small pool, great breakfast, very quiet and helpful staff on our complex but not so friendly manager. Now the negatives: we booked a double room with caldera view over a year a go for 2 weeks. When we arrived we were told our room was not ready, not a problem, we went for a walk for a couple of hours and returned. We were then told that we would have to stay in the cave house for 1 night and then move to the accommodation we originally booked the next day. Not a problem, it was only for one night and they moved us into a 2 bedroom cave house that was really nice.....................now here is where it all goes downhill. We move the next morning to a studio room???? small not like the pictures in the photos that I had booked. I go to reception to say that they have put us in the wrong room. I am told that this is the right room??? I show them my booking and the photos of the room I booked. I am told that this is a mistake by Booking.Com and that the wrong photos are showing and this is the executive room!!!. I phone Booking.com and they say it is Delfini who place the photos on and not them!!. They agree that we have not been placed in the room we originally booked. Delfini remove the photos but they put them back on a few days later!!!. Somebody is being very deceitful here and I can guarantee its not us. Booking.com then ask Delfini to find us accommodation to match with what we originally booked. My husband and I then spend 2 days walking around Oia and further out looking at unsuitable accommodation, no caldera view, no pool and quite poor. This carries on for 5 days.....very sad as when you book a holiday you do not want to be searching for new accommodation because Delfini had chosen and admitted that they had double booked. In the end as we needed to relax and get on with our holiday and also our wedding anniversary we chose to stay at Delfini Villas. Delfini had to refund us 35% and Booking.Com refunded a further 5% due to all the stress and misrepresentation by Delfini Villas. I have travelled many times and I am always fair with my reviews (check them out) but on this occasion our holiday was ruined because of Delfini and that is why I have only given them a low rating. If it had not been for the kindness and support of Booking.Com this would have been a disaster. So beware and check that you get what you have paid for. So Delfini Manager please learn from this, do not lie to your customers, please do not think people are stupid, be fair and honest and above all DO NOT double book.....we are honest hard working people who look forward to a relaxing and stress free holiday which unfortunately you did not provide this.

Room Tip: Check the room you have booked is the one you are given and do not accept feeble excuses
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank brunodorset
Commack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I just spent three glorious days in Santorini. If you are going to Santorini, you must stay in Oia and if you are staying in Oia, you must stay at Delfini Villas. We chose the traditional cave house and are very glad we did. Spectacular water views, a complimentary bottle of wine, a private breakfast at our balcony - I felt very pampered. The caves are not for those who have any physical limitations in that the are steep stone steps that must be traversed. Other than that, however, it couldn't be better. The location is great, just at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway in Oia (which was fantastic - the walkway was smooth slate - almost like a marble floor). Also, it is a great buy for the money. Last of all, Rena (who I believe is the owner) is very sweet and helpful - we even got a parting gift (olive oil). Highly recommended!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our recent stay at Delfini Villas was fantastic. The hostess with the mostest made sure that all our needs and wants were taken care of with the utmost detail.
The rooms were beautifully clean and breakfast was a feast for a king & queen every day.
Not to mention the spectacular views from the balcony, where breakfast was taken and also our own private roof top entertaining area.
I highly recommend this property to anyone wanting to stay in Oia.
Melbournites!

Room Tip: If you choose the suites at the Villa you will need to walk to the swimming pool. The cave rooms ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne W
Redmond, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at Villa Delfini for four nights during our recent visit to Santorini. We booked the cave house and it was a very unique experience for us. The view was incredible, the location was also perfect for us, it’s at one end of the pedestrian only walk path (east end) so you can avoid the sunset viewing mob every night (they are mostly between the west end of the walk path and the middle of the walk path where the bus station is at) The room we got was next to the pool, it was actually way bigger than a normal hotel room. Our “room” consisted of a bedroom, a separate living room with a twin bed that our daughter slept, a full kitchen, and a cave house style bathroom. Every morning we were served breakfast in the courtyard in front of our cave house. The pool was small, but most of times we were the only family using it, and the pool has a Jacuzzi at one end.

The staff (Reema and the Greek gentleman that doesn’t speak any English) were very helpful during our stay, their restaurant recommendations were spot on. During our five days at Villa Defini, two days were without electricity and running water due to the fire at Santorini power plant. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was as good as it could be, they brought bottled water to our room for us to wash up, and we were still served breakfast with what they managed to get from bakery that was still open. We would definitely stay at Delfini again the next time we visit Santorini.

I emailed Delfini for directions to the hotel prior to our trip because I reserved a rental car for the entire stay and Delfini doesn’t have a street address (once you get to Oia, you will realize there is no street address for anything, it’s all relative to landmarks). Yanna who runs the reservation recommended that I cancel my rental car reservation and do day rentals on days that I need a car, she is absolutely right. We ended up spending most of our time in Oia and went to Fira for one day and took the bus to Fira which was very convenient and not having to worry about where to park our rental car in Fira is definitely a bonus. Yanna also recommended us taking a semi-private transfer from airport to Delfini that she would arrange for 25 euros, I decided to take the taxi but I wished I listened to her. Just like she warned me, there was a huge line at the airport waiting for taxi, and it took us a while to get a taxi. Santorini airport is tiny, there were maybe 6 taxis waiting outside the airport and when two 737s landed around the same time, you can imagine how long the taxi line was. For the trip to the airport, we asked Reema to book the airport transfer for us and it was a Mercedes van picking us up with another family already in them and we went straight to the airport in comfort. So take my advice, you don’t need rental cars for the entire stay, and ask Delfini to book the airport transfer for you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Huskies92
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Spectacular views, room was huge, clean and comfortable (bed was great). Staff was lovely, and pool has fantastic view of the caldera. We cannot imagine a lovelier stay, especially given the price of the rooms. The staff was eager to help in every way possible and made us feel completely at home. Breakfast on our private balcony over the caldera was a major plus. We would recommend Delfini to anyone in a heartbeat. We liked being conveniently at the edge of the main stretch of Oia but having the quiet and beauty of being slight down the cliff side.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are further down the cliff than others so anyone with physical issues should consi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leah S
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay in our cave suite in June for 4 nights. We had a nice balcony that we loved to enjoy a glass of wine on at night and our lovely breakfast on in the morning. Sima was so wonderful and accomodating. We had amazing views of the Caldera and with a short walk up the coast toward Fira you could watch an amazing sunset from a quiet path!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple