“Hot & Spicy!”

Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Oia
London
“Hot & Spicy!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed for a whole week in this charming hotel and it was just fantastic. For anyone who has never been Oia before, pls arrange for the reception to collect you from the airport as I can guarantee it is not the easiest place in the world to find any building as there are barely any proper maps. I am so glad I had a driver and someone to help me with my luggage cause there is no way I can find the hotel otherwise!

Other than that, this is a lovely hotel! It was such a joy for me to just relax by the sun and the hot and cold tub too. I was there in July and geez was the weather way too hot. Thank god for the cold tub, I spent a lot of time there as you can imagine.

The room itself was so charming. As I was staying alone and had a really good deal, I expected a smaller room but instead I was given such a big studio flat. It is absolutely stunning with white washed walls, very Greek ... and absolutely cooling in the weather. There is also a small kitchenette for cooking and making drinks which was absolutely lovely as Oia can be super expensive!

The view was spectacular, my flat overlooks the sea/lake.. it has always been my dream to go to Santorini and with this trip, I felt my dream was fulfilled more than I expect... The entire place is a postcard view.. Even as I type this I can feel a smile creep onto my face. That's how good the holliday was.

Anyway back to the hotel, the hosts are absolute sweethearts! They make the best, freshest, Greek breakfast ever.. I almost forget to eat lunch most days! And the amazing thing about this place is that because it's such a hospitable place, all the residents make so much effort and are so friendly to each other. I have made so many new friends all over the world from this holiday alone, which is quite something.

All in all, this hotel is a MUST! It is fantastic, stylish and is a home away from home for me. I wil definitely come back! :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ellesheri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oak Park, IL
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay in room #3 (I think it was!), which had a small terrace (it has to be entered in front of others' units). The room--an interesting type of suite, with a front living room, a bedroom towards the back, and a decent-sized bathroom behind that--was lovely. What an interesting place to stay! (Our friends were in the "Honeymoon Suite," and while we liked our own suite very much, that room has a large terrace in front of it, so we visited with them out there during the stay.)

While it sometimes seemed that the place is understaffed and that the staff were overworked, everyone was nice--and we especially appreciated the young man who carried our suitcases back and forth when we checked in and when we left. Here's why:

I agree with the comment about needing to be somewhat fit when visiting and staying here, or, for that matter, anywhere in Santorini; it's not easy to get around. There are many steps and steep inclines, given the historic surroundings and the challenging geography. But if you're visiting here, the place is worth a try for the interesting, unique rooms and the incredible views.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

A beautiful part o Oia, which takes your breath away, this little hotel in the scenic part of Santorini had its ups and downs. Very well appointed rooms, especially with a family with children. Large rooms with living rooms and well sized bathrooms. Good storage spaces, clean and extremely tastefully furnished. A wonderful spot in the world.
What was disappointed, and anyone selecting this hotel should know this, is that it has no swimming pool - we were mislead into thinking the 2 little jacuzies were large pools from the photographs.
Breakfast was home cooked and reasonably OK.
What one should be very aware of, is that this hotel, which does not really feel like a hotel is not for one that is NOT fit. The rooms set in original "calderas" (caves) are quite difficult to access if one is not nimble on ones feet. Up and down old steps, this hotel as a charming but quizzical way of getting through and within!
It was very hot when we were there, the hotel therefore did not lend itself to lounge around within the pool. It was essential to get out and find beaches. So while we liked the hotel for all its basic comforts, be aware that there is no room service, no reception.

Room Tip: Please make sure you get a room which has a large enough bathroom. Some of them have bathrooms that...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights recently, in one of the more expensive rooms right next to the "swimming" pool. Initial impressions were good, great location, amazing views and it seemed clean when we arrived. Over the course of our stay we noticed bad room cleaning, including no linen changes as far as we could tell. Ants in the kitchenette which we had to highlight to the hotel even though the room had apparently been cleaned that morning. The jacuzzi was filthy, dead bugs and a thick layer of grime around the rim. Breakfast was bizarre and unappealing, despite there being a wide range of choice. The staff were very nice and helpful, however some well-needed changes in their operating procedure would make this a much more enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank REG675
alexiszervas, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear guest,
We are very happy that you were pleased with the location and the view of our hotel and the treatment you received from our staff. However we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast since we are striving to keep it as Mediterranean as possible by providing as many as fresh regional products as possible. As regards the ants’ problem that you encountered, since the hotel is located in the heart of Oia village, in a countryside area, the insects can be easily attracted by the food left outside in the kitchenette.Concerning the condition of the Jacuzzi, we assure you that our personnel pay very close attention to its cleanliness; however during the night the dust and the bugs attracted by the light may temporarily μακε the water not clear . We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff here was the most helpful we experienced in Europe. Our kayaking trip was cancelled and they werepretty much were our liaison with what was going on the with kayaking company. We asked for laundry service at the last minute and they rushed our laundry and had it ready for us within a few hours. (Also, we somehow were upgraded to the honeymoon suite which was the icing on the cake. So this review is for that room only. I don't know what the studio room we originally booked is like.)

This boutique hotel has a nice private entrance and amazing view from your balcony. (We had 3 of the blue church domes in view just to our right.) Our room had a private jacuzzi, but the main one and mini tub was quite nice and had wonderful views. It is very nice to just sit on the patio at night and relax. The breakfast was enjoyable and the room was great. It had a little kitchenette, mini fridge, nice bathroom/shower, and lots of space for our luggage. Accommodation in Oia can be a little pricey (some places were going for a whopping $600-900 a night!!), but this hotel was a good price range for us and the value, we think, was worth it. The staff's attention and offer to help (especially the daytime lady, Katerina, I believe was here name) also made the stay extra pleasant.

As far as location, Oia is very small, so you could probably throw a rock anywhere there and still be in good walking distance to everything. (But the Red Bicycle is just a few steps from the hotel, and the Sunset Point is really close as well.)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I've struggled with rating this place, to be honest. On the plus side, the cave rooms are a treat, the junior suite very spacious, the view from the two jacuzzis incomparable and the location within Oia (despite complaints from other reviewers) very good.

On the downside, however, our caldera view from the room was very restricted (as are some of the others), the service is not great as the girls need a bit of help, the cleaner is too rushed to do a proper job and the 30 euro port transfer is a bit steep.

This place could be exceptional if there was some senior input on site and a bit more work done on finishings.

• Stayed June 2013
Saginaw, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My aunt and I booked this hotel online before our trip to Santorini, and we were very pleased. The price was amazing for two nights, and we ended up having a gorgeous room with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area, and a kitchen. The hotel served breakfast each morning. We have a beautiful view of the caldera from our private terrace. The only downside would be the amount of stairs (which were somewhat slippery) and the distance from the main square in Oia to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family