“Magic.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Comfortable & clean, this authentic cave house always fresh even in hot weather!
NATALIE: Ever since seeing the Sisterhood movie, I've dreamed about spending time in HELIOS cave!
HELIOS is located just bellow the famous Castle of Oia!
DON: There were hundreds of people around us watching the famous sunset and we had the best seats!
The side door & window of HELIOS have unobstructed  view to the sunset, Ammoudi bay & Thirassia isle
PEGGY: There were comfortable chairs and a cushioned bench area to relax with a glass of wine!
HELIOS overlooks the Aegean straight down! Ammoudi bay is at 15 min walking!
DIANE: I saved Helios House for our last stop because it was truly the most perfect and magical spot
PEGGY: The crisp white walls are indicative of a traditional island cave home!
A donkey on its way to Ammoudi bay to take guests up to Oia
the beautiful, traditional entrance of HELIOS cave house
blue and white: the colors of GREECE
Waking up was so relaxing with the white washed walls & Maria's beautiful art! HELIOSs one of a kind
NATALIA:HELIOS is in the perfect location-you can leave your door and just walk down to Ammoudi bay!
HELIOS: Living on a cloud above the steep red cliffs!
amazing private sunset view from the patio door!
Caldera, Thirassia island and sunset view!
View, location, comfort.....A perfect combination! Jenny P.
amazing view from HELIOS terrace
What an amazing place to spend some quiet time with the one you love!  HELIOS is a little love nest!
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This! Diane B. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
HELIOS  is an authentic, clean and well-supplied apartment! Joel F. U.S.
Waking up in the morning was just so relaxing! The Helios Cave is one of a kind!
the cave house is washed by the astonishing light of the Greek islands !
original statue, study of a live model by Maria
Staying with tradition,  no inside doors between the living & sleeping areas.
The Helios House is a little love nest that you will never forget! Frank & Sandy
full kitchen: well-stocked for breakfast & drinks! Diane B. Honolulu, Hawaii, US
View even from inside the kitchen!
the beautiful, roomy, newly redecorated, bathroom includes a shower. Peggy K. N.Y.
A unique space has been re-purposed as a massage room so our guests can have a personal experience.
HELIOS Cave House, stairway to Ammoudi begins here!
We had our breakfasts on the tucked away love seat just outside one of the doors!
Private hot tub  with sunset view at your disposal just 3 minutes away from home!
sunset terrace with private hot tub!
DIANE: Maria has one of only a handful of private patios that have a 100% direct view of the sunset!
Oia & sunset from SANTORINI PARADISE reception terrace. You are invited for wine & meze on the house
'You can enjoy the twinkling stars in the sky and the lights from Oia & towns across the water!'
PEGGY: An additional advantage: HELIOS is located on the main pedestrian walkway leading to Ammoudi
going down to Ammoudi beach
Enjoying the amazing sunset from the Castle of Oia, just above HELIOS
CARLO: The view of the sunset is stunning and ideally located.
DON: The sunset view from the rooftop patio of the Helios house is out of this world!
PEGGY: I enjoyed a hearty walk down the stairs to Ammoudi Bay for a meal & a swim at St Nicolas isle
By air: HELIOS cave house is situated at the top of the road leading to Ammoudi bay.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chicago, Illinois
“Magic.”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Just got home from a long 15 hour day of traveling and I made it a point to write this review immediately (I haven't even showered away that airplane air off me).

What can I say? It was our 3 year anniversary and my wife always dreamt of going to Greece. I opted for Paris, but glad we chose Greece. We started our trip with Oia.

It was a long trip from Chicago so we were running on adrenaline + extreme curiosity. As a stubborn man, I took it upon myself to find Helios. I didn't bother reading Maria's detailed email upon arriving (very busy week!). I didn't know there were no addresses in Oia. We (because of me), walked a mile in the wrong direction with the sun beating down on us as we pulled our heavy luggage through sheer beauty of the town. TIP: Message Maria immediately when you get into town.

My wife suggested I call Maria (wives are always right). I chatted her on the AirBnB app and she quickly responded. 5 minutes later...amidst the scorching Greek sun, Sounil greeted us (with a huge smile...we will never forget his smile) at the world famous bookstore and grabbed both our luggages. Mind you, we packed for 2 weeks. They were heavy. The gentleman I am, I asked to carry one of the luggages. He declined my offer, "No, it's too difficult". He continued to carry both "cinder blocks" down many charming cobble stoned flights of stairs. We hardly could keep up. Sounil was the perfect introduction to the friendly Greek culture and set the tone for the rest of our trip.

We saw the entrance to our door (better than the pictures). Excited and drenched with sweat, Maria popped in. My wife was a bit frazzled from the long flight and long unnecessary walk finding the home. Maria (a master at reading people) immediately offered us drinks and had a very beautiful charming calming vibe to her. Her little bio shows she's a very interesting artistic soul. She showed us the lay of the land and the beautiful accommodation (along with what I assume are pieces of her own art), added with advice and discounts. We knew she wasn't pushing her friend's restaurants because we did our own research and they aligned with her recommendations.

The rest is history. Let's just say we had front row, private rooftop seats every night to the greatest show on Earth - The breathtaking sunset. We felt special every night and set the tone for a 2 week Greek adventure.

We don't want to spoil anything. They literally exceeded everything the listing shows. From accommodations, to location, to views, to the breakfast, to communication, to charm, to the thoughtfulness, to making you feel at home - you can NOT put a price tag on that.

Traveling can be greuling, but sometimes all you need is a Sounil + a Maria + the Sunset to spark some magic.

Monique B
“Better than I couldve imagined”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The location of this home is PERFECT. You are put in the best part of the city with the best VIEW of the city. Maria is the perfect host, with a fully stocked fridge, and homemade treats! The neighbors are even amazing. Watching the sunset from our private terrace made our experience more than we could've imagined. It was perfect for our girlfriend getaway!

mojgan v
“idylic”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This place is amazing. A beautiful, cozy, clean home with best views of Caldera and the sunset in your private balcony and terrace. Maria is very welcoming and helpful. She will make your stay as comfortable and special as possible. The fridge is stacked with the essentials for breakfast, snacks and fruits and she surprises you with homemade treats.She is always available for any questions you might have and with excellent recommendations for restaurants and activities. I highly recommend this unique experience at Helios.

b17pv
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect sunset location”
Reviewed 1 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

The house is perfectly located for sunset views. There are hundreds of people in the walkways, rooftops and restaurants nearby for sunset each night. It has its own patio from which to watch the sunset and see many other people look at you with envy. The house is very nicely furnished and decorated in a unique style. Kids loved both the loft and the cave room below the main level. I think the pictures actually understate the house and it exceeded our expectations.
The main walkway from Ammoudi Bay into Oia is directly outside, making it very convenient to get around Oia. Plenty of restaurants and cafes close by. Check-in and check-out was easy, they brought us fresh bread each day. Great rental.

Your age range 35-49
Peggy K
Pine City, New York
“The Complete Vacation Package”
Reviewed 25 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

My stay at Helios, situated perfectly at the top of the steps to Amoudi Bay, met and exceeded my expectations. The house's private terrace offers a spectacular view and is the most desirable location in Oia to watch the sunset each night. There were comfortable chairs and a cushioned bench area to relax with a glass of wine to watch the sun sink slowly into the sea. Maria has taken the house interior to a new level, from the modern bathroom/shower, to the updated kitchen, to the addition of an Italian design red tub that adds a whole new level of luxury to the house. I especially enjoyed the lower Masso Room. It was a unique, comfortable space to relax.
A big thanks to Maria for all her helpful suggestion for restaurants, bakeries, beaches (Eros Beach was my favorite) and wine tasting, plus the discounts because I was her guest. She arranged for a lovely afternoon meal, with traditional Greek food, with local friends on her terrace and evening at the White Door Theater for a “Greek Wedding” with lots of audience participation including dancing and smashing of plates! The night out at the small bar for traditional Greek music and dancing was another special treat! It was one of the highlights of my trip. The caldera boat trip was a beautiful boat ride to the volcano for a swim in the warm mineral waters. What an experience! I also went to Santo Winery for the wine tasting. Wine, mezzos and a view that is spectacular. An enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.
Maria was quick to respond to all my questions. She sent me all the details in advance of my arrival.
I highly recommend this property; first for the location, second for the accommodations and third for Maria because you will not find a better hostess on the island. Helios is the complete package.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MarkosMar...
Athens, Greece
“lovely vacation”
Reviewed 22 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I am pleased to say that never in the past, I had such a wonderful vacation, as in Maria's beautiful ''HELIOS'' Cave house in Oia! Thank you!

Travelling group: Other
Waialua, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location!
Liked least: Having to leave early in the morning.
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing