Nostos Apartments
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The location is the best in Oia, rooms are super clean and well equipped!
The breakfast is delicious! Breads, cakes, freshly prepared natural juice!
The view from the room is more than perfect! Absolutely amazing!!!
It has a very nice pool overlooking the volcano and the sea!
The service could not have been better ... The staff are super attentive, helpful and polite! Helped with tours, taxi from the airport / port, tips for great restaurants. We had an upgrade to a giant and beautiful room... so nice!
If I ever go back to Oia, I´ll definitely stay at Nostos. I had the best time there. The hotel creates a great atmosphere for couples... very romantic!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GuilhermeAzevedo1983

Reviewed 20 August 2012

very happy!

(+)

huge terrace (room 106) right next to the fantastic pool perfect for sunbathing and then taking a quick dip

large cool room with simple elegant furnishings

quiet and peaceful despite close proximity to the Oia tourist trap

the view!

lovely staff (be sure to ask Maya anything at all, she is very helpful)

(-)

25Euros each way transfers - should be free given hotel cost & the dodgy service provided
on the way there the taxi wasn't at the airport when we arrived and when it did turn up we had to share with others who were getting off at other hotels on route. on the way back the taxi driver overcharged us because of 'traffic'

breakfast isn't great

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Nostos Apartments was the most amazing place to stay! My husband and I travel a fair amount, and this was definitely our favorite trip ever.
Oia is beautiful, and so romantic. Nostos has such a perfect location at the end of the walkway of Oia. It has a beautiful view from all parts of the property, from the rooms to the pool to the breakfast room. The rooms were also very nice, and it is so cool the way that they are built into the cliffs.
Mya was a fantastic hostess/front desk person. She was so helpful, and very nice.
We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Selecting a place to stay in Oia was a bit of a headache. Huge selection of hotels/apartments with a wide range of prices. Then there's the caldera or sunset view question?

My choices came down to Nostos and Fanari. Chose Nostos because it was cheaper and I have no regrets.

Rooms:
- Very spacious and clean. Strong AC. Every room has a mostly private veranda outside the room with sunbeds/chairs and a table that overlooks the sea.

Staff:
- Maya was absolutely wonderful. She answered all my questions, helped with booking ATVs and my ferry to Mykonos. And they have a bell boy to help with your luggage at the top of the steps. It's not an easy hike up and down carrying luggage so please tip him.

Grounds:
- Small but spacious enough. There are only about 5-7 apartments I think. The breakfast room had an amazing view of the sea. Pool was a good size. Never more than 4 people in there while we were there.

Location:
- Close to the main street so it's not a far walk from the taxi drop off. Other hotels/apartments will require you to walk all the way down the walking path. But it's down the hill of steps so it's very secluded and quiet.

View:
- I would say it's more of a half caldera view. The right side is just a brown hill. Not so nice. Left side provides the view of the other hotels. You can't directly see the sunset but you can see the sky change colors. Just walk down the walk path and catch the sunset.

Breakfast:
- Buffet style included with your stay. Croissants, baked goods, ham, cheese, coffee, fruits, hard boiled eggs, and FRESH SQUEEZED JUICE! That alone made me happy.

Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay and would not think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon after spending a week on amazing, but busy and crazy Mykonos. The hotel is probably the best value for money on the kaldera, considering you are still getting the view everyone is really paying for. Our room was so perfect, I think I had some of my best sleep in years. It was incredibly peaceful and serene to wake up to nothing but blue skies and blue waters. Our veranda was enormous and one of my favourite nights was getting a take-out from one of the restaurants and making a romantic dinner just for us, with the view.

Maya who works at reception was extremely friendly and helpful and helped us arrange a fantastic dinner out (Ambrosia restaurant), taxis and anything else we needed during our stay.

I would fully recommend this hotel and would stay here again. There really is very little difference between this lovely hotel and some that charge 200+ Euros extra, except the size of the swimming pool. You cannot go wrong with this place, fully recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon in 2012. We had a corner room on the upper level and absolutely privacy. Weather, view and room were ideal and worth the price. Just a couple negatives: The wi-fi was working aboug 10% of the time and this was irritating. The breakfast was just average - I had stayed at another place in Fira a few years back and the breakfast spread was much larger. These two issues could be attributed to being there off peak season. Service and hosts were top-notch.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

A defenite must if you prefer to stay in Santorini! Go for one bedroom apartment with a fantastic sea view! The staff is very helpful and will have great recommendations for you - restaurants, activities. The location in Oia cannot be better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple