Nostos is the absolute best location for your Caldera view period. Maya and the staff make you feel right at home. Maya set up our transportation from the airport and it went off without a hitch. The drive from the airport to Nostos is about 1/2 an hour, the ride was fast, scary and just what we needed after 28 hours of travel from Los Angeles. We were met at the drop by Rolland who took our bags to our room, we then met Maya who gave us some info about the area and the hotel. We were beat so directly to the pool with us - amazing view of the sea. The hotel sits at the end of the walkway so you have nothing in front of you except the Caldera view. And no one walking by your area to get to other places (many hotels you have to walk by and can see in rooms). This is the most private and worth all the steep steps to get up to the village! We were in room 6 with a great patio and access directly to the pool. The room was perfect, clean and refreshing and sits on the very edge of the cliff, so no one is in front of you. The morning breakfast is really huge and excellent . The portions were so big we made sandwiches out of our leftovers and never had to buy lunch. After a few days we checked out all of the other hotels and really feel like this has the best location. If you stay in Oia (don't stay anywhere else, the other towns are not as pretty or well located) make sure to stay where you have direct access to the pedestrian walkway - walking along the road to get to town is scary! Btw there is a mini market at the top of the stairs with wine, cheese and all the goods you need to have your own dinner on your balcony. You should note that there is no pool bar. So if you like drinks, you make them yourself. You definitely need a pool here because it gets super hot and sunny.
Restaurants : We loved Lotsa, it had great mussels and the salads were huge and it looked like lot of locals eating there as well. There are no real bars here so cocktails are done at the restaurant of your choice. The food here in general is excellent you won't go wrong no matter where you eat.
Beware of the passengers from the cruise ships they come in hordes in the afternoon for the sunset. We just kicked back on our balcony and waited for them to leave before we went to dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small settlement located in OIA on the Santorini Island,consist of 8 units for 2 till 5 persons, reception, bar and pool facilities. Settlement is situated on the edge of the Volcano crater, overlooking the see and islets around. Each unit is fully equipped and can work as an independent bungalow (fully equipped kitchen, terrace etc.) Cave-like looking apartments, just 3-5 minutes walking distance from the center of the village and shopping center, but on the really calm area... relaxing and romantic atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Nostos Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nostos Apartments Oia
- Nostos Apartments Hotel Oia
- Nostos Apartments Santorini/Oia