My wife and I stayed at Oia Castle for 3 nights in May 2007. Santorini was the first stop for our honeymoon, so we were hoping for nice views and a relaxing atmosphere.
I had arranged for a transfer from the airport (surprisingly small, since I'm used to Hartsfield in Atlanta) and it was a breeze. The first ride up the twisty road to Oia was a little nerve-wracking but gave us a chance to peek at Fira and see the views on the east side of the island. We were met at the bus by an employee of the hotel who was nice enough to carry my wife's bag and refused a tip when we got to our room.
The room itself was very nice, with a little kitchen, and cozy bathroom (don't expect a hot bath on Santorini though, we ran out of hot water before the tub was 1/2 full. I'm sure it's because of tight water control there). We stayed in the Volcano suite which had its own little porch with a table and chairs which we used every evening to watch the sun set. The views were spectacular. The only complaint we have is, there's a little restaurant just up the hill and apparently the family that owns it lives below. Well, every night as everyone is gathering to watch the sun set, a little boy comes out on there porch and starts banging on the grill, yelling at tourists, and generally acting obnoxious. If not for him, the sunsets would have been perfect.
The only other complaint we had was the bugs. For some reason our room wasn't getting the ventilation we expected and the first night there, we hardly slept at all. Some tiny little gnats kept flying around our heads, keeping us awake (not the best way to start a honeymoon).
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone else. The staff was very friendly and available whenever we needed them. The location is excellent if you want to stay in the quieter part of the island, and you can't beat the view. Sunsets, blue sea, and a fishing village below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art Maisons Exclusive Boutique Hotels is composed of 2 Luxury Hotels: Aspaki and Oia Castle Luxury Suites. Due to its unique location on the cape of the Caldera right in the heart of Oia Santorini, Aspaki Exclusive Hotel offers best panoramic views of the Caldera, Aegean sea,entire village with blue domes and Volcano while ensuring ultimate privacy and tranquility for our guests. A common pool and bar/restaurant is available. Oia Castle Luxury Suites is located under the Castle of Oia which is the best spot to watch the famous sunset view in Santorini.The Suites and Villas were combined with every modern-day luxury and private pools or Jacuzzis offering direct sunset views and Caldera, windmills and sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki And Oia Castle
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki & Oia Castle Hotel Oia