“wonderful spot in Oia”

Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We made an 11th hour decision to change our travel plans from Amalfi to Santorini and we were not disappointed. This hotel is spectacular. Each room is unique and amazing. And the views are amazing and an Oia sunset is one of the best in the world. The staff were so accommodating and responsive, especially Jordan.

We couldn't have been made more comfortable. and happy with our choice to visit Santorini.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sheryl c

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at both these hotel for a few days in September 2013. (also in Imerovigli in another review) Both these hotels are in excellent locations within Oia. Perfect, undisturbed sea views. First...about the Castle.....we had the pool room (i think it was called Eros!) which meant we had our own superb swimming pool built inside the cliff which is really a bit more like a very large jacuzzi, but great nevertheless...even I, a virtual stone she it comes to swimming ability, could get to the end without my rubber duck! The room itself was very large and again in an ideal location. Although overall we very pleased, we felt the room itself needed a little bit of love, as some of the fixtures felt a bit lower quality than you'd expect for this price bracket and the breakfasts were not really 5 star quality,. a variety of breads , yogurts and fruits..absolutely fine for a 3 star place....but at a few hundred pounds per night...we felt it wasn't quite good enough. We had a small problem with the in room safe, which we couldn't get opened. Neither could the hotel. We had to leave without our passports and cards etc. The hotel were very relaxed and after we had left to go to the next hotel, they called someone in to sort out and sent our things on to us quite quickly. The next hotel, the Aspaki, we felt was another level of comfort again...recently renovated...you need to walk across a narrow foot bridge within the rocks to get to the very discreet front door. The bridge is always full of other tourists taking pictures of the sunsets and surrounding views, so it gives a clue as to just how great the location is. Go through the front door, and you're taken straight to your 'room' . To be honest, it took me a moment to realise that we were actually in our apartment rather than a hotel lobby. The apartment was magnificent. Recently decorated in very smart contemporary style, it had a large living room with a view of a perfect blue sea, and a bedroom / ensuite that was in a different style but just as tasteful. The jacuzzi is perfectly positioned to relax in whilst the sun sets....and for many hours after if thats your thing!. You can take a 1 minute walk from outside your door to the main streets of Oia, but you feel extremely remote whilst in the apartment. I would say that this was probably one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in, and if I had my time again, would probably have booked this for the entire stay in Oia, rather then going to the Castle. Very highly recommended overall. The pictures don't do it anywhere near enough justice by the way!

4  Thank Spudsnruf
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Me and my wife stayed at Oia Castle for our honeymoon in June 2013. The Hotel is perfect, location is the best and the staff is very helpfull. Yordan provide us the best service we could ever imagine. He was always very happy and willing to help with anything. The room was AMAZING....
I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is truly amazing! It's in the best location of town, everything is near by. I traveled there with my boyfriend for my birthday in Sept of 2013. We stayed in the endless blue honeymoon suite and I am SO happy we did. The room was located on the top of the hotel and had the most amazing view from the balcony. I could sit out there for hours just looking out into the caldera and town. You really can't beat the view from this room. It's breathtaking. Everyone at the hotel is more then happy to help you with anything as well! They are all wonderful people. The breakfast which is served each morning is great as well. If your like us, we do enjoy a little midnight snack, but the hotel does not have room service. Although, this wasn't much of an issue since it's only a 1 min walk to local cafes and a bakery. Honestly, spend the extra money and stay here. After walking around town and seeing the locations of hotel's I "almost" booked, I was sooo thankful I choose Aspaki!. Lastly, I recommend doing the boat rental/tour with the owner from the hotel . I believe the boat was called the blue pearl. I was such a wonderful experience. He took us to several beautiful areas where we could swim in the crystal blue waters. He was so kind and so was his assistant. I highly recommend it. We can't wait to come back to Santorini again and stay at the Aspaki!

Room Tip: Book early !
1  Thank deannag934
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is such a beautiful hotel. Hubby whisked me away to Santorini as a surprise and he did a fantastic job. We stayed in the Aqua honeymoon suite and the room is absolutely gorgeous. Not cheap but the view you get is worth the money. Oia sunset must be one of the most beautiful sunset in the world and I cannot think of a better place than this hotel's balcony to watch it.
The staff are very helpful and polite. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripty_carpenter
Reviewed 6 February 2014

An exceptional spot under the sun facing the blue sea. An experience that will never be forgotten with the discrete presence of great hospitality. Accommodation, design, facilities, people and atmosphere blooming with style and luxury. I highly recommend it to anyone. I cross my heart when I say it's the best place in Santorini and definitely one of the best destinations in Greece. You must visit! Have your Slice of Heaven!!!

2  Thank AINC09
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel has the best location in Santorini and high standard of service and levels of cleanliness. Our honeymoon suite had a large bedroom, superb interior design with very big balcony with Jacuzzi overlooking the most photographed views of Santorini. The location of Aspaki could not be more perfect. Combine the best postcards, from the blue domed churches, white and colourful houses high on the cliffs, the blue of the sea and the volcano and you have the exact view and location of Aspaki.
We stayed in September for 5 days and we chose this hotel after reading the reviews on trip advisor. All the good things they say about this place are true. All the staff members are extremely nice, welcoming and will make you feel at home right upon your arrival. I would love to have the opportunity of returning here again one day!

3  Thank murad a