Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We spent a couple of nights in the Aspaki suites in early September 2010.
The accomodation was perfect - a lovely front terrace with a brilliant (almost unmatched) view out over the caldera; a comfortable bedroom/lounge/kitchen area; and a bathroom dug deep into the cliff. The other thing we liked was that the staff who we met were universally friendly and helpful - indeed more so than just about anywhere else we have ever stayed.
The suites are not cheap, but in our view offer excellent value for money. We left feeling that we had experienced a really wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2010

A lovely lovely place. Beautiful rooms, probably the best location on the island and the service from all staff is exceptional

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay in Oia at Art Maisons. The views from our terrace at the Endless Blue honeymoon suite were unbelievable. What a magical place! Perfect for a honeymoon or romantic vacation. The staff were so attentive and really made us feel special. When we mentioned we were missing a frying pan to make breakfast in the morning, we had one within an hour. The pool is about a ten minute walk from our room and chairs were easy to get, even in August. Drinks were a bit pricey, but not much different from local restaurant prices. We were able to watch the famous sunsets from the hotel's private terrace, where they brought us glasses for our champagne every night. Aside from the hotel, if you have dinner in Oia, our favorite place was Nectar and Ambrosia. Also, don't miss out on visiting the Red Beach and the Wine Museum. Have a wonderful trip! (skip Mykonos unless you're looking for a beach party)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at Oia Castle for our honeymoon. We spent our first night in the Sunset Honeymoon suite, then 4 more in the Marine suite. Both were incredible. You can check the website for the specs. But, a couple of things you can't get from the website: the view from all balconies are incredible. This is the famous sun setting into the Aegean that people come from all across Europe to see. They flock from all the cruise ships and surrounding villages to the nearby lookouts and restaurants. Meanwhile, you simply sit back on your balcony, sip champagne, and gasp lightly at the incredible beauty of the caldera, the pure white buildings, and the worlds most perfect sunset.
Service is incredible. There are only a handful of rooms in the hotel, and only 4 or so employees. They know you by name, turn down the rooms twice daily, deliver breakfast to the room on request, answer any questions you might have... but are otherwise invisible. Ideal.
The location, besides the sunset, is perfect as it abuts the stairway down to Amoudi, the most gorgeous little fishing village. So, you actually get views of two beautiful Santorini villages and easy access to a little excercise (walk up and down) and swimming in the Aegean.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Based on a friend's recommendation, I booked this hotel for short holiday with the gf. It was quite expensive and most of the rooms where booked. I stayed two nights in the Volcano and 3 nights in the Sunset Suite. First of all, ALL the people were great. The man who helped us with our luggage is the most polite & soft spoken and the strongest man I've ever met (you'll see what I mean when you go)....unfortunately I forgot his name, but he's from Bulgaria.

Upon entering the room, I was actually quite surprised....I tend to stay away from boutique hotels because the quality can be inconsistent even for 5 star ones....I don't even know how to beging to describe this place. The Volacno room was incredible, there's a small outdoor hot tub and you sleep in this little cave. There's a kitchen and a pretty little bathroom and lots of room for just hanging out and drinkning for two ppl.

Two days later we moved into a much bigger Sunset Suite, my god it was incredible. You get THE BEST view of the Oia Sunset. Incredible experience drinking wine in the big hot tub and watching the sunset. There's a big terrace with a big hot tub, the room itself I would say is about the same size of Volcano

Words cannot describe this place, it's simply an out of this world experience.

A couple of negatives......first being there's no hotel pool....they send u to this other pool that's kinda ugly (but with the terrace in Sunset Suite, I didn't want to leave my room!). Regarding it's 5 star rating though, I gotta say they need to improve on being able to provide services for the guests the way 5 star hotels can....for example, they don't have stuff like toothbrush and tooth paste...or just simple things you tend to forget to bring. There's not really a 24 hour service, I'd like to see that from a 5 star hotel. Sometimes I don't want to walk all those stairs after a long day but ran out of drinks or food. Other than that, it was an incredible experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mojohomer
Reviewed 12 August 2010

This review is well overdue and I take real pleasure writing the review for such a fantastic hotel.

My partner and I stayed in the Endless Blue Honeymoon suite back in May. In fact we got married on the balcony of the Suite - it was magical! A few comments:

1. The hotel provided us with complimentary car hire for the duration of our stay
Email correspondence was prompt and polite. I probably emailed a few times too many - I was an anxious bride with lots of questions : )
2. Our flight was cancelled to Santorini due to a strike and Daniella rearranged our accommodation with absolutely no fuss and at no additional charge
3. Upon parking our complimentary car at the carpark, a porter appeared out of no where to take our bags
4. We were greeted on arrival by the owner. He was very charming. Champagne in the fridge for us!
5. The room - wow! Spacious and clean and on a daily basis it was cleaned and towells removed. They went above and beyond the normal hotel clean, folding PJs, placing any nick nacks on a straight line on the table! I think the cleaner had OCD. The room isn't to a 5 star quality. It's an old Sea Maisons house, but it is just beautiful.
6. On our wedding day, we received a huge bunch of flowers from the owner. Sebastian the caretaker helped us rearrange furniture and remove any unwanted furniture on the balcony. 7. The following day it was subtly put back in the place whilst we were having breakfast.
8. Daniella went out of the way to organise taxis, ring the restaurant to tell them we were going to be late. Nothing was a problem, despite the fact she had probably clocked off work. Our wedding coordinator wasn't great and Danielle really stepped into help.
9. When walking past Oia Castle, the owner spotted us and showed us around his hotel. He is very proud of his beautiful hotel and was keen to hear about our experience. How could he improve the hotel etc.
10. On the day of the suite, the owners let us use the Atmospherico suite to get ready in the afternoon. It was a gorgeous suite.

I can not praise the service of the hotel staff enough. They absolutely exceed our expectations. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends - it's magical. And Aspaski is the number 1 selling postcard in Santorini!

Thank you again to the wonderful staff of art maisons who made our stay magical and the most amazing wedding ever!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This will be a long review so bear with me; but I have to mention the details about the best destination in our honeymoon.

It has been a month since our remarkable & unforgettable stay at Art Maisons Oia, Santorini, but we can never forget the 6 stars service and hospitality we’ve been greeted with.

Due to our schedule and availabilities we had to split our stay between the Volcano and Sunset suites in Oia Castle, the Volcano suite was cozy yet fancy, right at the steps going down to Amoundi bay yet skillfully situated to preserve privacy, the bathroom is a piece of art just like all the corners of the suite and as expected from such a well decorated hotel, and the coffee set in the kitchen boosted our mornings with rich flavors. The Sunset suite was a totally different experience, I can’t think twice before stating that it must be in the best location of the village (and also the island) facing the sunset, with a panoramic view overlooking the Caldera, Amoundi bay, the sunset and the volcano. Whether drinking your wine sitting in the outdoor Jacuzzi or laying back at the comfy couch at the spacious terrace; you can’t help but be overwhelmed with a sense of royalty while watching the spectacular sunset and the visitors from other islands, other villages or around Oia rush to occupy every step, wall or roof top finding a good angle to enjoy the sunset view from.

The location is so important when choosing where we stay and Oia Castle was our perfect choice, right next to the center of the village, right next to the steps to the bay yet secluded and neat. Inside the Sunset Honeymoon Suite the stair to the steam room and the bathroom were an exciting one-of-a-kind style, noteworthy that the steam-room had a view by itself :) the free internet access in all suites also allowed us to confirm our next legs of the trip.

The delicious breakfast in the morning is another story; it was simple yet outstandingly delicious, complete yet light, in a picnic style basket that goes along with the whole experience of the island. Don’t forget to get enough of the Santorinian feta cheese which we couldn’t find a match for elsewhere in Greece. The Dakos were wonderful but the Greek eggs plate it my best.

It is worth mentioning that the hotel provided us with a complementary car rental at the time of check in, we didn’t actually use it in the first two days since we couldn’t get enough of exploring the village, however, in the third day we picked a random restaurant off the island’s map and just followed the street signs driving to it. The mini adventure was worth the while.

We had one bag missing in another country when we arrived to Athens connecting to Santorini, this was very upsetting at the beginning, but from the moment we mentioned the incident to the crew (Xristina and Elena specially – I hope I got their names correctly) they took ownership, made us feel as comfortable as possible and silently calling Athens airport and the airlines until we were surprised by Yannis (the smiley and energetic assistant) at our door step with the bag and in less than a day.

Such a wonderful experience could not be complete without the hotel team taking care of the details, whether it was the chocolate treat in a box of roses while checking if we need any room service or the island & tourist attractions summary by Yannis at our arrival.

Our checkout process was an experience by itself, first we were offered more than three hours for late checkout (lucky us the suite was not occupied that day), and we had the pleasure of meeting the owner – Dimitris who treated us with total friendliness and a complimentary drink which I wish we remembered its name or bought a bottle of it, he also advised us of taking the rented car to the port where we were heading next, carefully outlining the route on the map for us. This was a much cheaper option than a taxi and an experience by itself driving down the narrow curving road.

Other thoughts, my wife felt that the ventilation inside the suites was low, but this was due to the very same interesting unique feature of Oia’s traditional houses, the cave rooms, opening the door or the windows from time to time and the fine A/C did just fine. The suites might a little expensive for a long or budget trips, but the location and services reward you back and the whole crew do their best to complement you with added value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple