“A place you'll never forget”

Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 17 September 2010

By all means if you want the top-end Santorini feel, this is it. Upon arrival you immediately sense the very casual yet elegant welcome. From that moment on it feels like another world. Christina and Ioannis along with George are the ultimate hosts willing to make your stay memorable. We had the Honeymoon Suite at the top of the castle and the balcony is to die for. I could have spent most of my time just there. The simple Greek breakfasts were plenty although some might like more Americanized fare (not us). The sunsets are everything they say they are. A true Santorini cave room that has a nice quaint feel. We liked Oia more than Fira, much more romantic and less touristy. Go and enjoy, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

We went to Oia, Santorini for a week at the end of August. We got married last year but our honeymoon was not very satisfactory for us, so we wanted this holiday to be like a second honeymoon. And also because I was going to celebrate my 31st birthday there we decided find a special hotel for our holiday. After reading all the good comments we chose Aspaki - Art Maisons the Romeo& Juliet room which in the end proved to be a perfect choice.
The great holiday started with a perfectly organized pick-up and arrival to the hotel. We were given a complimentary rental car and someone from the car rental company Vazeos picked us up from the airport. He first took us their office in Oia where we were given a almost new Nissan Micra which is a perfect car to drive in the island. He then guided us with his car to the nearest parking to the hotel. When we parked Yannis from the hotel was already waiting for us to help with our suitcases. He carried my 30 kg suitcase on his shoulders without any complaints. You need to walk 5 min from the parking to the room but it is a lovely walk in the best part of Oia- which is the best part of Santorini.
First the hotels location, then the room itself was a great surprise for us as it was better then the photos on the website. It is not your ordinary standard hotel room. It is decorated with great care in each detail, in sort of a shabby chic look. They have kept the original features of the traditional cave houses and decorated with some little art pieces from the local artists.
The location and the building of the hotel is so beautiful there was always some photographers and tourists by the entrance amazed by the view ( see my photos). The view from the private balcony and the sun bathing area is one of the best in Oia. You do not have the famous sunset from Aspaki but there is a special terasse in Oia Castle part of the hotel which is open for all guests of the hotel. When hundreds of people stand on the streets of Oia to see the sunset you just comfortably sit in the stylish terrace with your wine and feel like a celebrity.
All the employees of the hotel are extremely nice and hospital. Dimitris surprised me with a big chocolate cake in the fridge on my birthday.They have even written my name on it and accompanied with candles with the digits of my age.
We have done two boat trips with the recommendation of the hotel and they were both very well organized and enjoyable. One is a low cost traditional volcano trip and the other one was a luxury catamaran trip, both made this holiday one of the best I’ve ever had.
If there is one thing I should complain about that would be the bathroom where it may need some modernisation.
Overall we had a great holiday in a dream setting and I would highly recommend Art Maisons and Oia to everyone.

1  Thank YaseminBulut
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We spent a couple of nights in the Aspaki suites in early September 2010.
The accomodation was perfect - a lovely front terrace with a brilliant (almost unmatched) view out over the caldera; a comfortable bedroom/lounge/kitchen area; and a bathroom dug deep into the cliff. The other thing we liked was that the staff who we met were universally friendly and helpful - indeed more so than just about anywhere else we have ever stayed.
The suites are not cheap, but in our view offer excellent value for money. We left feeling that we had experienced a really wonderful stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

A lovely lovely place. Beautiful rooms, probably the best location on the island and the service from all staff is exceptional

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay in Oia at Art Maisons. The views from our terrace at the Endless Blue honeymoon suite were unbelievable. What a magical place! Perfect for a honeymoon or romantic vacation. The staff were so attentive and really made us feel special. When we mentioned we were missing a frying pan to make breakfast in the morning, we had one within an hour. The pool is about a ten minute walk from our room and chairs were easy to get, even in August. Drinks were a bit pricey, but not much different from local restaurant prices. We were able to watch the famous sunsets from the hotel's private terrace, where they brought us glasses for our champagne every night. Aside from the hotel, if you have dinner in Oia, our favorite place was Nectar and Ambrosia. Also, don't miss out on visiting the Red Beach and the Wine Museum. Have a wonderful trip! (skip Mykonos unless you're looking for a beach party)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

My wife and I stayed at Oia Castle for our honeymoon. We spent our first night in the Sunset Honeymoon suite, then 4 more in the Marine suite. Both were incredible. You can check the website for the specs. But, a couple of things you can't get from the website: the view from all balconies are incredible. This is the famous sun setting into the Aegean that people come from all across Europe to see. They flock from all the cruise ships and surrounding villages to the nearby lookouts and restaurants. Meanwhile, you simply sit back on your balcony, sip champagne, and gasp lightly at the incredible beauty of the caldera, the pure white buildings, and the worlds most perfect sunset.
Service is incredible. There are only a handful of rooms in the hotel, and only 4 or so employees. They know you by name, turn down the rooms twice daily, deliver breakfast to the room on request, answer any questions you might have... but are otherwise invisible. Ideal.
The location, besides the sunset, is perfect as it abuts the stairway down to Amoudi, the most gorgeous little fishing village. So, you actually get views of two beautiful Santorini villages and easy access to a little excercise (walk up and down) and swimming in the Aegean.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Based on a friend's recommendation, I booked this hotel for short holiday with the gf. It was quite expensive and most of the rooms where booked. I stayed two nights in the Volcano and 3 nights in the Sunset Suite. First of all, ALL the people were great. The man who helped us with our luggage is the most polite & soft spoken and the strongest man I've ever met (you'll see what I mean when you go)....unfortunately I forgot his name, but he's from Bulgaria.

Upon entering the room, I was actually quite surprised....I tend to stay away from boutique hotels because the quality can be inconsistent even for 5 star ones....I don't even know how to beging to describe this place. The Volacno room was incredible, there's a small outdoor hot tub and you sleep in this little cave. There's a kitchen and a pretty little bathroom and lots of room for just hanging out and drinkning for two ppl.

Two days later we moved into a much bigger Sunset Suite, my god it was incredible. You get THE BEST view of the Oia Sunset. Incredible experience drinking wine in the big hot tub and watching the sunset. There's a big terrace with a big hot tub, the room itself I would say is about the same size of Volcano

Words cannot describe this place, it's simply an out of this world experience.

A couple of negatives......first being there's no hotel pool....they send u to this other pool that's kinda ugly (but with the terrace in Sunset Suite, I didn't want to leave my room!). Regarding it's 5 star rating though, I gotta say they need to improve on being able to provide services for the guests the way 5 star hotels can....for example, they don't have stuff like toothbrush and tooth paste...or just simple things you tend to forget to bring. There's not really a 24 hour service, I'd like to see that from a 5 star hotel. Sometimes I don't want to walk all those stairs after a long day but ran out of drinks or food. Other than that, it was an incredible experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple