After long hesitation and contacting experts, I decided to book at Art Maisons as a second place to stay at in our Santorini-Oia honeymoon. I was planning to surprise my wife and booked Endless Blue for its superior location and views and private terrace and jaccuzi. I was parted between Endless Blue and another house that belongs to another hotel, but I was so encouraged to book the Endless Blue based on an inner feeling and many recommendations. Booking was smooth and perfect as I was offered 5% off the rest of the balance I had to pay (70% as 30% are deposited prior to staying there) and I was also offered a rental car for free for 7 days of our stay! That sounded perfect.
One day before our check-in I received a call from the owner to tell me that they got a sewage system problem at Aspaki and that they could not work on it till the end of the season so that they don't disturb nearby residencies! I was also told that we would be moved -as the rest of Aspaki guests- to Oia Castle and that we'll stay at Eros! Although Eros is 130 euros/night higher than Endless Blue, I was disappointed due to the fact that I was booking at Aspaki just because I wanted Endless Blue in specific!
The hotel promised to help move us from our first hotel (Andronis) which they did in an excellent way by bringing our rental car close to Andronis. Yannis is their superman, my wife and I really really appreciate how this polite man is doing such a tough job by carrying big amount of luggage through all the steps leading to our suite, and he does it with a smile.
We were, then, intoduced to our suite. Lighting was better than how it seems in the website, but lights buttons were so many and all next to each other just next to the door and it was hard to find the right button. TV is placed in an incovinient position so it is impossible to watch it when in bed, but we didn't really need it. The kitchenette was fairly equipped but the coffee maker was broken. The room had two windows overlooking Therassia island and the most northern part of Oia (cannot be compared to the great views we had at our first hotel), and bathroom was 3 separate areas (toilet+shower+sink) the shower had steam system and side washers which was cool. The bed outest cover had some hair from other guests probably and by time we even wondered if sheets are daily changed! The furniture was intended to give a feeling of classic boutique hotel but in my opinion it was out dated and it would really be more suitable if it was either updated or replaced by simpler one.
Staff: They are welcoming and helpful, Yannis in specific is so polite and helpful, and the housekeeper was doing her best. We got a good guidance on what to do and where to go and a private boat trip was arranged by the hotel.
Laundry: It was of an exceptionally low price compared to all the hotels we have been to!
Pool: Dipping in the pool was the first thing we did after we checked-in. We noticed a wiered suspicious smell which made us run out of it and never use it again. It was not enough that we had to give up the wish we had about using the nice outdoors jaccuzi at Endless Blue, and it finally felt like we were not "upgraded" to Eros; we were rather "downgraded".The shower had a lighter similar smell. And we believed it is something with their drain system.
Breakfast: well, we had it only once, and then decided to buy tiropites (Greek cheese pies) from some bakery. I agree with most of the reviewers (even the most positive ones) that breakfast is anything but 5-star, especially the Thermos!
Overall, we were disappointed by the sudden late change from Endless Blue to Eros, by the unpleasant pool smell and by the hair we found on bed at our check-in which together made my wife wish to leave since day 1! We were sorry that at checking out, we were asked for our feedback and it felt like we were obliged to give a positive one but we couldn't afford that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art Maisons Exclusive Boutique Hotels is composed of 2 Luxury Hotels: Aspaki and Oia Castle Luxury Suites. Due to its unique location on the cape of the Caldera right in the heart of Oia Santorini, Aspaki Exclusive Hotel offers best panoramic views of the Caldera, Aegean sea,entire village with blue domes and Volcano while ensuring ultimate privacy and tranquility for our guests. A common pool and bar/restaurant is available. Oia Castle Luxury Suites is located under the Castle of Oia which is the best spot to watch the famous sunset view in Santorini.The Suites and Villas were combined with every modern-day luxury and private pools or Jacuzzis offering direct sunset views and Caldera, windmills and sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki And Oia Castle
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki & Oia Castle Hotel Oia