Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel
Caldera Villas(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$490
  • Breakfast included
Oia's Sunset Apartments(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$1,522
US$1,896
US$1,501
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsallure suitewine cavemain restaurantour honeymoonwine tastingrestaurant staffsantorini sailingsteep stepsstreet levelthe cliffbreakfast was includedhot tublarge bathroomamazing viewswalk upevery morningheaven on earth
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Me and wife are celebrating our 20th anniversary and had high hopes. It has been 3 hrs since we have walked in to our room (room# 15) and let me be very honest why this has to be pure rip off.

1. Bathroom shower has major issues. As you take shower, there is no way for the water to drain. You are standing in the puddle of soapy, dirty water. I got in the shower not realizing there is issue and I could not stand it. Got out in the middle of shower. What a start?

2. Bathroom sink gets filled with water and takes forever to drain.

3. The worst wi-fi in the world.

Called the hotel (may be 8-10 times) and first they send a plumber and they realize there are issues. Called and spoke with the supervisor, she came and showed her the issues. She offered me a room, smaller and less appealing view than room #15, just b'se shower works there. Kidding me.....

I am SPG GOLD and I am basically offered a downgrade. Moreover, she thinks we are here for 2 nights (we're here for 5 nights). No attention to details. Also we arrive to the hotel at noon time and we're told rooms were not ready and I understand that. They told that guest have checked out at 12:30 and it may take time (which is OK by us). We took walk towards Oia town to get our familiarize. We were told by 2:00 it should be ready. If there is something wrong with this bathroom, why would you assign this room to your guest without fixing it. Bathroom sink is still draining and making noise as I am typing this (no kidding).

There is almost no wi-fi. I understand, this ain't silicon valley, but please let your guest know that you may have no connection or slowest connection. Technician came to help me connect and left by saying "we're working on increasing the speed". Thank you Mystique.

I would never stay here and I would not recommend this. I am not being nose picky. Try taking shower in puddle, try washing hands in dirty water, stay without internet and you will know.

As I said hopes were high...but this place is a pure dump. Cannot stand this place.

60  Thank 1,931,092
MystiqueOia, Ιδιοκτήτης at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear guest,

We are really sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay at Mystique. We understand that the issues that you mention in your review, were prior to offering you the upgrade and the free breakfast, both of which you were constantly asking since your arrival. To be honest we always upgrade our guests without being “forced”, given that our availability permits.
We regret that you will not be in our repeaters list and we would like to mention that any comment should always be objective and not expressed as a method of pressure to succeed a goal.

Yours faithfully,

Antonis Eliopoulos

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I work at a lot of resorts around the world and it was so refreshing to walk into a resort and have real life be even more spectacular than the photos they have online. The view from this resort is something special. A different perspective than most other views of the Caldera from Oia. Rooms are clean, crisp and luxurious. I think all have private terraces with actual lounge chairs, not just a table and chairs (which is a plus for a resort in Oia). Staff are so friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and more. I was here for a wedding which if anyone is looking to get married, this property makes for an incredible experience for everyone in attendance. Planners and catering staff I worked with went above and beyond! The food at Charisma was beyond wonderful (particularly loved the Sea Bass) and the secret wine cave on property is a must do. They are about to open a new restaurant as well, which looks even more amazing if that is even possible. Yes, many steps from the resort to the street, but this is typical for many luxury hotels in Oia I have been to. Don't worry, there is a bench at the top where you can sit for a moment, take in the view and catch your breath.

Room Tip: The resort is spread out, which is great as there is something for everyone. If you think you will be by the pool a lot, I would opt for a room closer to the pool. If you are looking for peace and quiet, I would choose a room closer to the entrance, furthest away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

A great hotel at great place (Oia) on a beautiful island. Our stay at The Mystique Resort was incredible. Just speechless!!!
We were welcomed very warmly by the staff. During stay all the staff are very kindly & helpful.
It's centrally located around all the tourist attraction and if rent a car the parking along the road side is easy. Very convenient! It's walking distance to Oia walkway.
The suite was spotless & had a wonderful view of the Caldera Bay. Stunning views and location over looking the cliffs into Aegean Sea was something you only dream about.
Dear Georgia (Manager) - Orit and me send personally Thank to you and all the staff Anisa, Kostas, Savina, Jose & Eleonore for providing us enjoyable stay and great recommendations last week.
See you soon.....Orit & Shmuel Haim

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Amazing first impression - beautiful and picturesque - stunning views all around - one of the most exquisite locations I have stayed at.
Staff extremely helpful and friendly and eager to make you as comfortable as possible. Staff in restaurant made wonderful recommendations for Greek wines to try - cheers George!
Room was efficiently and quickly made up and cleaned.
Overall I would definitely recommend Mystique .

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12 - large, beautifully decorated, huge bathroom,and extremely clean. Have no problem in recommending this room. Close to reception, restaurants, bar and pool. Could not want anything more. People passing up and down did not bother us at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank csph212
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My fiance and I loved our stay at 5-night Mystique - it's a beautiful hotel with an amazing staff. They've thought of everything here, and their level of attention to detail shows. Do take advantage of the well-connected concierge staff - they were incredibly helpful with restaurant reservations and recommendations, along with coordinating activities on the island. We did a semi-private sunset cruise on a catamaran (along with a swim to the hot springs by the volcano), what ended up being a private wine tasting and cooking experience, and an ATV rental for the day, all at the recommendation of the concierge, and we loved each. Rooms are spacious and well appointed (with an incredible Caldera view), and as Starwood Gold members, we were graciously granted a significant upgrade. Breakfast at the property is also luxe - would highly recommend the scrambled egg & tomato dish, the yoghurt, and the sweet pancakes all from the Greek Breakfast menu. Loved every minute of our vacation at Mystique, and we can't wait to go back.

1  Thank maisonmiru