You'll get a work-out with all of the steps, but it's well worth it. The caldera views from the Mystique are simply breath-taking and has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world.
My wife and i stayed in Santorini on our honeymoon as the final stop on our trip. We loved the Mystique, it is luxurious in every way possible.
- Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
- The rooms are spectacular and unique to the location. We literally stayed in a luxurious cave! We loved the bathrooms.
- The breakfast was GREAT
- Typical Starwoods service. We were greeted immediately upon arrival, and although our suite wasn't ready because we arrived earlier than they expected - they provided a temporary room for us to stay in until it was ready. That was a wonderful surprise.
- The pool and day beds were great.
- While the service was great, there were a few issues. We arranged a semi-private sailing tour through the hotel, which was WONDERFUL. With that said, they didn't advise my wife - although we spoke to at least 3 different hotel staff members about the tour - about proper attire to wear for the tour, although everyone else on the tour was advised through their hotels. We felt certain interactions with the hotel staff were a little on the amateur side. The youthfulness of the hotel was nice, but it was noticed (and we're 31 & 27) because of lack of experience at times.
- My wife and i expected an exceptional dining experience after staying at the Grand Bretagne in Athens and the dinner at Asea and Charisma were just average. For the prices we expected to be blown away and we weren't at all. The views couldn't even make up for it. The wait staff were attentive and polite though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystique is a stylish property consisting of 39 suites and villas built exactly on Oia's most famous cliffs with dazzling views of clear blue crystalline waters towards the Volcano and the Aegean Caldera. 18 Km from Santorini Airport and 20 km from Athinios Port.All accommodations are a wondrous exploration of driftwood, a free spirited, untamed material that harness the elegance of simplicity. Enticing patterns carved into the walls. All suites open onto sea-facing terraces with relaxing daybeds. Cobblestone pathways lead to the plunge pool surrounded by sun beds for the utmost relaxation.Guests may experience an outdoor infinity-edge pool, the "Aura" Bar, the "Charisma" Gourmet Restaurant, "ASEA" the new artisan Japanese restaurant and the "Secret" Wine Cave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystique Hotel Oia
- Mystique Oia
- Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel Santorini/Oia