“Unusual Takes On Traditional Food”
Review of Melitini

Melitini
Ranked #3 of 93 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Τraditional Greek cuisine (meze), off the main rd, cozy, friendly, fresh local products, cured delicacies, espresso and traditional based alchohol drinks (wine, raki and beers),enjoy any of our fine products over looking the volcano in the Caldera sea on our rooftop terrace.
Michigan
“Unusual Takes On Traditional Food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at this small gem of a restaurant. After going around in circles locating it in on a rainy, dark night, we were delighted to have found it on a main street, no more than a 10 minute walk from our hotel on the other side of Oia.

We had the opportunity to try some interesting things on the menu, including a smoked sheep appetizer and fava bean and onion stew. But everything we ordered had good ingredients and was seasoned just right. This was the most "foodie" place we encountered during our 10 days in Greece.

Also nice was a mix of tourists and local people. We made the acquaintance of a friendly group at the table next to us. The following day we saw them working at a cafe and realized they came to Melitini the evening before after they finished work at the cafe.

1 Thank lesfam5

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overwhelming”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It's the first time I give a review so I don't know what exactly is useful to the people to know so i'm just going to give you a piece of my mind about this great place where I had the time of my life. I was in Santorini a week ago for my honeymoon with my husband Tom and this place was recommended to us by the captain of the catamaran as a place where we could find original Greek dishes. We had a lovely meal in reasonable prices in a beautiful place full of gentle people!
We had the pie a homemade recipe and spetsofai that I recommend for sure and the local wine Vinsanto was absolutely splendid !!!!
I hope I will be back next year to taste again this overwhelming menu!!!

1 Thank Jenny B
Atlanta, Georgia
“Must eat here!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I found this on TripAdvisor and we went on a mission to find it. It's definitely tucked away and difficult to identify because nothing says "Melitini"...it's in Greek. I'm adding a picture of the sign to help people find it. Everything we ordered was great. Trying the sausage is a must. If you like chick peas, try the fried chick pea balls. Those were my favorite! You can't go wrong with this place and it is an amazing value. We ordered a half liter of wine, bread, traditional salad, sausage, potatoes, pie of the day and fried chick peas (tons of food) and it came to 26 Euros. Definitely a must go to restaurant!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cfberry2
“Worth it”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had dinner twice at this restaurant, please check location in advance as its a bit difficult to find it. We sat outside for our first dinner, all the meat dishes were delicious, wine was also good. octopus was a a bit disappointed. Ambience was good very relaxing and cosy. We sat inside for our second dinner as it was raining. You can see the sunset from this restaurant. Would recommend it if you wanna to get away from the tourists and try some traditional food. Very reasonable prices.

Winchester, Massachusetts
“unique combination food - price- place!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

the most characteristic and traditional place in Oia.all the meze plates are delicious and the quality is premium!they serve local beer (yellow donkey ) and wine.You can taste a variety of smoked fillets, sausages, salted fishes and homade pies.A few but unique plates! The prices are very good.From the terrace you can see the island side to side.The music is only greek!Clever ideas for design and very friendly staff ready to help you and suggest you a nice choice of drink and food.I would like to visit again and try more!The kitchen is open from 2pm.