“luxurious relaxing getaway”

Andronis Luxury Suites
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We spent 4 nights here and were upgraded to the Odysseas suite. Service was really service with a smile. We felt very welcome. On our arrival we were given a glass of champagne each. As part of the welcome after we checked in we were given some pureed fava beans and a greek yoghurt sampler.

The views from this hotel are absolutely breathtaking. you get to see most of the caldera including a view of the volcano. At night you are able to see the lights from the neighbouring towns of fira and imerovigli and also see the lights from the cruise ships sailing in.

Our room was in the newer part of the hotel and had a huge outdoor jacuzzi atleast 10 ft in length. When we asked to have the water heated the service was very prompt and the water felt quite warm. We didn't spend anytime in the infinity pool we did spend a couple of hours everyday in our own infinity jacuzzi. It was lovely at anytime of the day and was one of the best parts of the hotel. At night the jacuzzi also had subtle led lights which would change color and this also added to the charm.

The room service menu is limited, but we had one of the best greek salads and tomato soups in greece. The kitchen uses only organic products. We ate at their restaurant one night which again gives you one of the best views of the caldera. On our way back we saw that the restaurant was also featured in the inflight magazine. The staff at the restaurant is extremely knowldegeable and give great suggestions for food and wine.

Being situated on a cliff one has to traverse rather steep steps so it is better if you bring comfortable footwear.
The hotel has an excellent location once and is right on the main walking street of Oia.

The bathroom was also made in the cave style and the shower was very good. The toiletries were also very good. Instead of the regular loofahs you are given small authentic sponges which greece is famous for and that was a nice touch. I really appreciated the heavy duty hair dryer. The cleaning sevrice was also very efficient and we were given two chocolates in our room every evening.
The wifi in this hotel was also very good.
This is a great hotel if you are looking for a relaxing getaway and want to just take in the great views and laze around.

2  Thank khelbrown

Reviewed 19 August 2011

In planning our honeymoon I spent hours trying to find the best of the best for our trip to Greece. Fantastic on-line reviews and a work colleague eventually led me to choose Andronis. However, I am very sorry to say, I don't think it necessarily lives up to the hype - or at least from the "luxury" perspective.

We arrived by ferry and surprisingly (although I did know this in advance), Andronis does not offer free transfer service. They did however arrange for us to be met by a Mercedes...at the cost of 50 Euros, each way.

The hotel itself is situated on a cliff and the caldera views are absolutely stunning. Again, stunning. There really are no common indoor spaces but the lobby and outdoor areas were impeccably clean and very well-maintained.

Our "upgraded" room was very clean and I would consider the style to minimalist chic. In other words, cool, but not particularly comfortable. The bed was modestly comfortable, but the sheets were a low thread count, average pillows and the towels were scratchy. Our air-conditioning worked poorly (I do realize that European AC isn't necessarily like the US) and the wireless internet connection was spotty and frustrating. TV wires were exposed and when we opened the mini-bar the first thing I noticed was a box of condoms! Great shower, very good bath products, but my wife said the blow dryer was pretty much useless. However, once again, the view from our balcony was stunning and mesmerizing!

There was turn down service but from what I could tell, all they did was freshen the towels and leave a couple pieces of chocolate. While nice, the chocolates were unceremoniously just left on the table in the paper wrappers (not on a plate or with a cute note). Another attempt at a nicety was upon our arrival. We just got into our room and we were delivered an amuse bouche. Tasty and thoughtful but very casually presented. Ten minutes later a small bottle of white wine was delivered but it was simply handed to us - not served with in an ice-bucket or with glasses.

The pool is fantastic. Fairly small and on occasion difficult to get a chair. But floating in that infinity pool while overlooking the caldera is an experience you will not forget!

There is no workout room and no small bar...two things that would have been nice.

The service was youthful, eager, and warm, but unsophisticated. For example, one afternoon by the pool we ordered lunch and our young server mistakenly described our sandwiches. These things happen I know, but there are only about 6 things on the menu! On a brighter note, as others have noted, Elsa is great and I appreciated all the attention she gave me even long before our arrival. Also, one night while outside enjoying the sunset, a random server noticed that we were running low on wine. Minutes later, without being asked, he came back with another small bottle, his compliments. Very thoughtful.

Breakfast was good. All the basics you could want served to your room or in their small restaurant (our preference). If you chose to have room service, you had to make your selections on a poorly photo-copied selection sheet.

You cannot see the direct sunset from the hotel but still very pretty outside at that time of day. The hotel is in the heart of Oia and you can easily walk to all of the sights and restaurants. As others have warned, this hotel is indeed built on a cliff and there are MANY steps. So be prepared to walk and try not to forget anything in your room when you go out!

I know I have been pretty tough on Andronis and trust me, I didn't want to be! The property and its views are fantastic and that is ultimately what is most important. Should you choose this hotel, I am certain you will enjoy it but I merely argue their use of the word "luxury". Especially since these accommodations do not come cheap.

I will share one last anecdote that perhaps bests illustrates (and/or perhaps taints) my experience with Andronis. On our last morning I ran out to get ONE postcard to send home to mom (c'mon, you always have to remember mom!). While checking out I asked if they could mail this ONE postcard for me. They of course said yes but charged me 1 Euro. Sure, fair is fair and what's a Euro? But at roughly $1,000 a night, couldn't that include a stamp?

7  Thank Greg187
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon in Europe. On arrival you are made to feel very special with a glass of champagne and we were very fortunate to score an upgrade to a exceptional suite. The suite was very private despite being on a hill. The service is incredible,particularly as there is no room service charge, yet you never want to leave the room, so they have to bring food up and down lots of stairs all day and all night. Lunch and Dinner in the restaurant were amazing, getting much more than what you read in the description!! Nothing is ever too much and Dina at the front desk was amazing and made excellent recommendation of what to do and where to go.

Room Tip: Iris or Room 20 (bathroom is amazing and balcony very private)
1  Thank nattur72
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We had an all too brief stay at Andronis recently. Set in the most amazing location with breathtaking views of the caledra, the most romantic place to propose to my now fiancé :) Service was impeccable and all staff all to eger to help, especially Elsa who helped with ideas for where to pop the question, and a room upgrade to boot! Couldn't have asked for anything more, only wish we had more time in Santorini!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Roundyx
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at Andronis in July for two nights and three days. Everything was amazing from the girls at the reception to the wine tasting to the breakfasts and the massage. I'm totally going back as soon as I get the chance. The staff were so polite and helpful, they arranged everything for us. The room was beautiful and spacious, and very relaxing. The view is breathtaking. I've been to so many five star hotels in the world, and many romantic places, but Andronis was just different. It was better than all. Totally recommended to anyone wanting to go to Santorini.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RGM1362
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for seven nights in mid July 2011 without the kids (it has a 13+ policy but we only saw couples staying there). The hotel, being situated on the pedestrianised road, was beautifully peaceful yet only yards from the fashionable boutiques and restaurants of Oai. We were upgraded to a pool suite (from talking to other guests upgrading seemed quite common - a good sign that the hotel is not just in business for the money but also to spoil guests at every opportunity). The room, fashioned from the rock, was cool, romantic and well designed. Room service, which we used mostly for breakfast, was always excellent but make a point of dining at the restaurant which is arguably the best on the island and not prohibitively expensive (you may need to book ahead as they limit the number of tables to ensure guests get perfect service from the terrific waiting staff, Oliver and Helga, and sommelier Pierluigi). The meal on our last night was quite possibly the best we've ever had anywhere - and we've been fortunate enough to dine at the likes of Marcus Wareing and Le Gavroche; the views were spectacular, the wine perfect, the lamb exquisite and the service faultless. My wife visited the spa twice and was impressed by the treatments she received. Everyone at the hotel, from the maids to the receptionists to the manager, John, were always cheerful and polite. We would highly recommend this hotel for couples who want a bit of five-star luxury in one of the world's most romantic settings.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the_eyres
Reviewed 18 July 2011

What a fantastic hotel. The staff really go out of their way to ensure your every need is met. The manager, Yannis an assistant manager Elsa, deserve mention for going above and beyond the call of duty in making sure we had a comfortable stay. The location is perfect and right in the middle of the prime tourist strip in Oia and the rooms overlook the caldera. We were upgraded to a Grand Suite, and I highly recommend it. The views from the Jacuzzi are amazing (yet your Jacuzzi is totally private), and the suite is spacious, well designed and very comfortable. Do yourself a favor and have supper in their restaurant. It was quite possibly the best meal we had during 2 weeks in France and Greece. The restaurant is outside and looks out over the caldera and is about as romantic as you can get. Have a great time in Santorini, you can’t help but fall in love with the place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BlueRipples
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#14 of 56 in Oia
Kirini Suites & Spa
Kirini Suites & Spa
#10 of 56 in Oia
Atrina Canava 1894
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Andronis Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!