Everyone has to go to Santorini at least once…and NOT on a cruise ship! After 4 trips, I still believe Oia, one of the most charming towns in the world, is THE place to stay on the island. And why go there at all if you’re not right on the Caldera?. The view is deeply affecting and astonishingly beautiful. You’ll pay more but it will stay with you forever.
Andronis is one of the cushiest lodgings in Oia, and the only one of those that’s in the center of the village. The design team went all out to create original spaces that reflect the character of the Caldera in a dramatic but minimalist way. We were upgraded to a suite with a private terrace complete with hot tub. (In my opinion, a private terrace is a requirement for truly enjoying the stillness and peace of the Caldera, though certainly not in the heat of the day.)
The staff at Andronis is extremely accommodating. They’ve really nailed guest service. The breakfasts, generous and delicious, were a highpoint each day. Oia can clog up during the day with cruise ship travelers but in the morning and evening (after sunset) it’s peaceful and enduring. To escape during the day, we took a taxi to Fira and walked back along the rim of the Caldera and over the mountain. Another great excursion is the catamaran outing that leaves from Amoudi, the port below Oia, and sails to various swimming holes and beaches. A grilled fish lunch at Amoudi is also always on our itinerary.
There are a few small details that Andronis should attend to...the bed linens and pillows could be better. There should be a third sheet and mattress pads, and please, please, get rid of those attached hangers. And a word of caution: Oia would be difficult for someone who has trouble with steps. Go while you’re young!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting traditional Aegean architecture and overlooking the island’s volcanic crater or caldera, the Andronis Luxury Suites represents the most luxurious, dreamy escape in a Mediterranean setting beyond compare.Elements of minimalist design combine with stunning island sunsets, while multi-level balconies blend with a predominantly white assortment of furniture and finishes, awoken occasionally by touches of red and blue to tickle the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Andronis Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andronis Luxury Hotel Oia
- Hotel Andronis Luxury
- Andronis Luxury Suites Santorini/Oia