“Best hotel ever !”

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Oia
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Best hotel ever !”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

What's not to like ? You're basically waited on hand and foot from the moment you arrive. The hotel is breathtaking, not to mention the views of the caldera. The staff is amazing. The rooms are beautiful and modern while still maintaining the traditional greek charm. Our room had a sauna, shower and jacuzzi. Perfect for honeymooners. The price includes room service breakfast, and WOW - best breakfast EVER !
Oia is beautiful, and just a short walk from the hotel are a lot of great restaurants, shops and cafes. The room service menu isn't very interesting, but the restaurants in the area make up for it.
It's definitely not cheap, but i hope to return soon.
It gets chilly and windy at night, so bring cozy sweaters.

Room Tip: If you don't travel in the summer, and have the $$, splurge on a room with a jacuzzi, because th...
2 Thank WorldCitizenHDF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is undoubtedly the best resort we've ever stayed at! My wife and I stayed at Andronis last year in May. Upon arriving, we were given a tour of the property by Oliver and he made sure that we get well acquainted with the place. Oliver gave us some great recommendations for the restaurants in Oia as well! Our suite was amazing and the views were breathtaking! The staff is great and would go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. I would especially thanks Sami (who was one of the staff members) for giving us excellent/professional service and making our stay an unforgettable experience. The wine tasting with Spiro was great. He taught me some great things about greek wines which I'll never forget. In fact I did flaunt some of the stuff while doing wine tasting at the Napa Valley recently ;). The food is simply amazing and after the stay at Andronis, we're hooked onto greek food! I personally loved the breakfast the most and the tzatziki!
Would love to some to Santorini just to stay at Andronis and have the same experience again!! :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JatinK958
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Our experience was brilliant from beginning to end. The hotel wasn't full during our visit so we were upgraded (without asking). I have to make special mention of the management and staff - they were universally gracious and helpful. The place is gorgeous, especially when looking down the hillside toward the restaurant deck and pool. The hotel isn't cheap so going there earlier in the season was helpful. We were lucky with the weather and were very happy that Oia village was not overrun with other tourists (except when the cruise ship visitors rolled in to see the sunset). One word, if you can afford it: Go!

Room Tip: Staying higher up will save you a lot of climbing and descending if you pop into the village regular...
4 Thank millreef63
New York, NY
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Andronis Luxury Suites during our Greecian "babymoon" in June 2012. I cannot express enough how incredible this property is. From the artfully designed cave rooms, to the breathtaking view from the infinity pool, we were completely enveloped in luxury throughout our stay.

Upon arrival, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a room with sitting area, indoor pool and elliptical (although that went unused!). But despite the lovely room, the best part was the outstanding view from our patio. Every day we would start out with a delicious, made to order breakfast while overlooking an incredible view of the Caldera. I could not have envisioned a more perfect way to begin to each day of our trip.

The views from the infiniti pool are pretty ridiculous, and the pool area itself is just so serene. My husband and I would stand for what felt like hours on the infiniti edge just staring into the Caldera.

Dinner on the edge of the cliff overlooking the Caldera is a must. We chose to do that our last night, and it was well worth it!

But, despite the breathtaking property, what made the Andronis so totally outstanding was the level of service. My husband and I have stayed at several high end resorts, from the Four Seasons in Maui to Qualia on Hamilton Island, and nothing can even come close to the hospitality we received at the Andronis. Every single staff member was so incredibly nice and friendly and most importantly, accommodating. Oliver, the host, would check in with us every single day to ensure we were ok and had what we needed. He helped us plan trips all around Santorini, and answered our countless questions without batting an eye. We felt 100% taken care of during our entire stay, which was so important giving my pregnancy.

The only downside to the property is that there are a ton of stairs. But that is standard at all of the hotels in Oia. And to be honest, after eating all the delicious food at the hotel, it felt good to get some exercise in! It was also pretty amazing to watch the staff run up and down the stairs with huge trays or heavy luggage, and still keep smiling. It was just another proof point about how awesome the Andronis' staff is.

I could go on and on about the Andronis Luxury Suites, and now, even 10 months later, I still long to spend just one more day lounging by the pool. I hope that one day in the future we'll be back!

Room Tip: Our room was in the middle of the property, so we only had to go down a few flights to the pool, or...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lisalana
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 April 2013

When I booked our stay I was slightly suspicious about this hotel's 95% Excellent / Very Good ratings, and wondered how much of the good feeling is just from the spectacular natural beauty of Santorini (you could stay in a hut in Oia and be swept away), but hotel itself reflects the investment and staff dedication that goes into it. We were early in the season, and our room did have a couple of startup issues including getting the water temperature and room heating right, but the hardworking staff was extremely responsive in addressing those issues immediately. Our spotless suite was beautifully laid out with a private jacuzzi and pool, and a breathtaking view of the caldera.

There were small touches throughout the stay (champagne, welcome dishes etc.) that added to the welcome feeling, and the staff individually and as a group were incredibly friendly and very efficient. It was tempting to sit on our patio all day, but the front desk gave us some great recommendations for restaurants and side trips outside Oia - it is easy to drive to Akrotiri (great archaeological museum), Pyrgos, Immerovigli etc. It is a very short and beautiful walk to the western tip of Oia where you can catch a sunset over the Aegean.

Early season note: Santorini is very pleasant and beautiful in early April but it can get very cool and gusty in the evenings at this time. The restaurant is outdoors on a spectacular point but dinner there can get chilly once the sun goes down.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

2 Thank BGosivetti
San Francisco
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My partner and I were traveling around the Mediterranean last September in celebration of my 40th birthday. We visited some fabulous places but absolutely my most memorable was Santorini made even more memorable by staying at the Andronis Luxury Suites. Our decision was nearly a year in the making by researching reviews and we certainly made the right choice for our stay in Oia. We wanted to stay in Oia because overall, it tends to be less busy and touristy that Fira except for the few hours on certain days that cruise ships are in port for the day.

We already were expecting absolutely luxury but Andronis far exceeded our expectations!! That said it is a boutique hotel and not inexpensive but we got what we paid for and more for the special occasion. Being a gay couple, it can sometimes be uncomfortable staying in places that don't specifically cater to a gay clientele. However, this was not the case here. From the moment we arrived and were served a complimentary glass of champagne while we checked in, to the amuse bouche that was shortly delivered to our room...again complimentary...to the room itself which was absolutely breathtaking, we were treated with respect. No request was too much for the staff to accommodate. Unfortunately, due to this way overdue review I don't recall specific names but in particular there was an English gentleman who was always friendly and helpful throughout our stay. He greeted us everyday, asked how our stay was going and gave us suggestions on things to see and do.

The suite...nothing I can say could put into words how gorgeous it was. It was pretty private, had its own hot tub overlooking the sea and a nice sized area for sunbathing and eating. Suites are cave-like but very spacious and contemporary yet playing off the Greek style of Santorini. Ours was especially inviting given it was on the lowest level on the side of the cliff. The breakfast was to die for and served in your suite or in our case, on our patio (it was too nice to eat inside). You simply order the night prior off the menu in your suite and it arrives by very nice and hard-working room-service people who often have to go up and down a large number of steps to reach the rooms on the lower level.

That said, the lower rooms would definitely not be for people who can't easily navigate stairs (there were over 100 steep stairs from our suite to reach the main walkway through Oia). I would also not recommend this hotel for kids. It truly is a peaceful oasis for romance and relaxation. On the relation note, book spa appointments early as they only have a very small treatment area and do not have a dedicated on-staff spa person for treatments per se. They call someone in...who was fantastic by the way. One of the best massages I've had in a long time.

Well done Andronis and thanks for making my 40th one to remember for a lifetime!!

** A little side note not on the hotel but something the staff told us, if you plan to watch the most unforgettable sunsets ever, make sure to take the main pathway through town all the way to the end areas and do it at least 1.5 hours before sunset if you want a good vantage point. The lounges and bars as well as just the viewing areas get packed!! The sunsets however, will not disappoint. We did this nearly every day!!

Room Tip: As I've already said, avoid suites on the lower levels if stairs are a consideration. They do h...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KurtSFO72
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Absolutely stunning !!!!
I loved this place so much I could live there. From the minute we arrived everything was perfect. Our 1 bed cave room with it's own huge jacuzzi looking over the bay was beautiful. Clean, minimalist , White and crisp are the best words to describe our room. You have to be reasonably fit to climb the many stairs that run up the middle of the hotel, but this adds to the charm. The staff were friendly and very helpful and we couldn't fault the service at all. Oia is so picturesque it gets very busy during July and August so if you choose these months expect crowds. Anyone knows of a cave home for sale, I'm very interested !!!!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple