Hello! First of all, i will tell you how we ended up to stay for one night at Andronis Luxury Suites (24 June 2014). We booked one week in Santorini, at Avaton Hotel (in Imerovigli, i also have a review on that) through Christian Tour (Romania, Bucharest) Travel Agency; as we got to the airport, our guite told us that there was a problem with our reservation and we were supposed to stay one night at Andronis. We were a little bit pissed at first, but it turned out that it was an amazing experience, worth to remember!
We were welcomed with champagne and polite staff, that showed us around and guided us to our Luxury suite - Iris suite. Everything was absolutely perfect - the view, the room, the breakfast.. and OH! The bathroom!!! It had an enormous bathroom, bigger than my dining room (and my dining room is huge!). We had our private jacuzzi with hot water and an amazing view to enjoy! The water could be adjusted at the desired temperature by contacting the reception - but that wasn't necessary for us, the water was perfect. Furhermore, we had out private sauna (part of the huge bathroom), but i did not try it - it took some time to bring the heat, and the temperature couldn't go very high as i'm used to at the gym.
Ok, enough about the amazing bathroom... The breakfast was delicious, perfect actually! We had to pick everything we want from a list + jam, pastries, bread included if i recall. I think it was the most amazing breakfast i had my entire life.. and not because of the food, but the combination between the view + the food + the facilities (the jacuzzi was right next to us, on the terace, so i could enjoy my coffee and juice from the jacuzzi).. was just... WOW! i am speachless!
The location is nice, you can easily go and see the famous sunset in Oia, but in my opinion, the perfect sunset can be seen from Imerovigli or Fira; it is a different perspective of the volcano and honestly, i like more the view of the caldera from Imerovigli. Oia is a nice place, and the harbour is a really nice place to have fresh fish.
A thing that bothered me...: in the afternoon, there was some loud music from our "downstairs" neighbours and they listened to r&b - not my favourite style and my boyfriend was trying to get some sleep after the flight we had that day. I thought about complaining at the reception: "some latin-tatooed-thugs are bothering us with loud r&b music in a such relaxing place - awful thing to do!", but we didn't do that... The next day, it turned out that the "latin thugs" were: J. Balvin and his friends...but i did not recognise him, my boyfriend did the next day. So i wasn't upset anymore, i just had realised that we were treated just like superstars! We were spoiled at Andronis! And it turned out that J. Balvin went to Fira and he hated it, so he came to Andronis and told the receptionist: "SAVE US! Give us a room!"
Overall, it is an amazing place, worth a visit. I would definetly come here again! It was an amazing experience, made by mistake of our travel agency - lucky bastards we were! One of the best days of my life!! Ideal place for a honeymoon! Highly reccomended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting traditional Aegean architecture and overlooking the island’s volcanic crater or caldera, the Andronis Luxury Suites represents the most luxurious, dreamy escape in a Mediterranean setting beyond compare.Elements of minimalist design combine with stunning island sunsets, while multi-level balconies blend with a predominantly white assortment of furniture and finishes, awoken occasionally by touches of red and blue to tickle the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andronis Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andronis Luxury Hotel Oia
- Hotel Andronis Luxury
- Andronis Luxury Suites Santorini/Oia