“Best place”

Ranked #9 of 94 Restaurants in Oia
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was founded in 2014 and the two owners are of Greek and Vietnam/Philippines origins. We are a casual, laid back Asian food court. We serve Thai - Asian cuisine which consists of soups, salads, fried starters, the usual Asian dishes like green/red curries, satay, ginger, sweet&sour sauces. We also have noodles and rice dishes. We cater for vegetarians/vegans. And for those that want something from western cuisine, we offer homemade burger and fries. And of course we have Asian desserts! From the full bar you can get coffee, tea, smoothies, refreshments, beers, drinks, cocktails. We also show sports events on the TV. We do take out and delivery as well. We have online menu for someone who wants to order for delivery. We also have music events from time to time. The restaurant has seating area inside with AC for the hot/cold months. THE RESTAURANT IS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE PARTIES FROM 12AM UNTIL THE MORNING. CALL IN FOR MORE INFORMATION AND AVAILABILITY.
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This is the best Bar/Restaurant that I found in Oia, the food is very good, the staff is excellent and there is a nice and pretty terrace where is very pleasant to eat or drink.
I spend 3 months here and I need to say that it was my favorite bar and restaurant in Oia.
So I very recommend this place if you go on Oia !

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This place is on the main road leading to where all the hotels are. It is easy to forget it exists. You should do yourself a favor though and visit it. There are a ton of options for all kinds of tastes. Only problem we had was that it is not a "sit down" type of place. It is a "order and pay at the counter" kind of place. Paper plates and plastic utensils instead of proper dining plates kind of take away from the fact that you are eating some really good food.

The staff is very nice, but you will be looking at the main road which can be very noisy. Enjoy the food and staff, but not much else during your visit.

mad_gr, Owner at Paradox Thai Food & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

First I would like to thank you for a nice review since you gave us 4 out 5!
We at Paradox really appreciate it.
I only want to express my opinion by saying that I should not be reviewed on how the food is served (meaning paper plates etc etc)...it is not hidden. And anyone that has taken 5 minutes to read reviews on trip advisor they know this. So everyone knows from the start what to expect.
I should be reviewed on staff and food quality and prices...and in my opinion I think that regardless of being on the main street I have created a very nice area outside with as much green as I could possibly put.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again....who knows, maybe next time we will have proper dinner plates and cutlery!!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We ate here because it was ranked #2 in Oia and we wanted something other than Greek traditional food. The reviews made it sound amazing so we thought we'd try it. After ordering at the counter we waited an hour for our food. The egg rolls were good and the rest of the food was mediocre at best, but I'm losing faith in trip advisor for the #2 ranking.

3  Thank Ariel H
mad_gr, Owner at Paradox Thai Food & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for your review.
First of all I would like to apologize if indeed the food came to you so late...
We have been a bit short staffed the past 2 weeks, but I know this is not an excuse and so we will try to improve.
I only want to say something about the ranking... Just because you didn't like the food doesn't mean that we should not be where we are now...A lot of other people have liked our food.
So its ok if you want to express your opinion but thats all it is....YOUR opinion!!!
By the way...we don't serve egg rolls...

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Found this place on Tripadvisor and it lived up to all expectations! Easily as good as any top Thai eatery in London. Very tasty Green Curry, excellent Pad Thai noodles and very friendly service. Relaxed bar/cafe type atmosphere. Good place to eat before watching the famous Oia sunset. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Good food and great value place for lunch or supper. They make the best of the location with clever lighting and bar stools around a bar enclosing a pretty garden. Food all cooked to order and despite it being cheap and cheerful it seemed pretty authentic.