“Wonderful oasis”
other travellers have booked this property
View from Thea Studios Superior Apartment Entrance
Superior Studio
Apartment
Standard Studio
Main terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Condo/Apartment -
Studio, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 3
Oia, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 53 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
French first
German first
Italian first
Any
candow201...
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful oasis”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I am surprised to read the negative reviews below. We were blown away by the beautiful view from the terrace and that's all that really mattered to us. The location was perfect, just a few steps up to the Main Street of Oia. Torun was incredibly helpful and Markos was a lovely host when we arrived. We loved our stay and hope to stay again in the future.

brian s
Los Angeles, California
“Unbelievable view!”
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I luckily found this rental at an amazing price. The view itself was worth every cent! The staff was very friendly and attentive to anything. They were very responsive and friendly. The day of arrival, I was met at the shuttle stop (which they arranged to pick me up) and walked down to my room and ran me through the room info, the city, tips on what to do and where to go, and even helped book my yacht sailing tour! The room itself was very basic, but very clean. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked great. The wifi gave me no problems and I was able to use it without any issues. I have nothing but good things to say about this studio. I am definitely going to miss that amazing view!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Elles31
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“AMAZING! Cannot fault!”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Stayed at Thea end of August into September for a week. Torun was really helpful in the booking stages & her replies were very prompt. Could not ask for more. On arrival at the airport there was a car waiting for us as requested with Torun & we were taken to Oia and met by Marcos - he & Torun are fantastic and are really great hosts.

Not sure why the two reviews below are so bad as what they are saying is utter lies really! No there is not a pool - it states this on the website! You can use the Lyorema pool which is in walking distance or, low and behold the SEA! No there is no parking however Marcos tells you on arrival about a place to park if you need to. Wifi was perfect the whole of our stay - not that we used it much as we were on HOLIDAY!!!

Its Greece so you don't get power showers like in the UK or USA - yes its attached to the wall and hand held, not a problem!! Its not 5* but then again neither is the price - its perfect accommodation with the most breath-taking view you will ever have.

A supermarket just up the steps where you can buy wine, beer, food, snacks etc - many a night we sat with a bottle of wine looking out over the Caldera & at the amazing view. LOTS of tourists stopped above us to take pictures of our view from Thea so its in a very enviable position! Thank you Torun & Marcos for an unforgettable holiday, we will be back!

Location Service
Your age range 35-49
Akshay A
London, United Kingdom
“Pls avoid easily my worst. ”
Reviewed 6 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

I would have given negative ratings if I could. Where do I start? We knew its studio flat, small, no pool or parking. Let's start with pros - its in Oia & close to all shops. Also it was clean & has decent views of the Aegean sea & Oia white houses from shared balcony. But its stop there.
When we arrived on enquiring about free parking, guy seemed to least interested to guide us. Room itself is tiny not worth €420 for 3 nights. Other than few basic utensils & towels nothing else in terms of facilities. Shower was a joke as water dribbles down rather than actual shower, television not working apparently because of lighting, WiFi at best is equal dial up, I could not believe when I saw dish washer soap has water to last longer !!. Owner lives next door, seemed to object for using AC all night as water started leaking from it. I am using seems as I do not understand Greek. There was no introduction to the island at all in fact best guide I had it from the car rental guy!!
I would suggest stay outside Oia & come back in the evening for sunset & dinner than paying premium for absolutely nothing.

Aladdino...
Nice, France
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 30 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Lovely. Calm, clean, comfortable, stunning views and reasonably priced. Plus they were very helpful with information and taxis etc. All perfect. Couldn't have hoped for more. Loved it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views. The calm.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
M a
“feral cats everywhere”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Wi-fi was non-functional the entire stay the owner told us to just use the cafe and tried to claim it was offline across his section of the island... this was bogus as in the end I asked their rival next door for their wifi code and it worked perfectly however had I not done so I would not have been able to perform critical business during my stay.

The "superior" room is pretty lackluster the double bed was in fact two singles literally padlocked together, the pillows were effectively a breeze block in a bag.. The shower facilities were also appalling and the metal parts of the shower actually have electrical current running through them resulting in you getting zapped when holding the shower head (because the shower head isn't even mounted to the wall,,,,)

There is no reception so you have no point of call to complain or even hand in your keys when you leave you basically have to just wait for someone to come to you after sending them an email and that could be whenever they feel like coming,

Value Service
Laurelsan
North Salt Lake, Utah
“Absolutely Stunning View!”
Reviewed 27 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We loved our stay at Thea Studios!! Markos and Torun were fabulous hosts. I worked with Torun on the booking process and Markos was our host on-site. We saw him a few times during our stay and Torun came to visit as well to make sure everything was going well. Torun was so helpful, friendly, timely, and informative during the planning process of our stay. I’d email her at night and in the morning I would already have a reply waiting for me. She was wonderful and answered all my detailed questions. You can arrange with Torun transportation from the airport to the hotel for about 30 euros, which is a 30 minute drive. This worked out since our driver was waiting for us with a sign with our name on it then Markos was waiting for us in the square where they said he would be. Our flight was delayed so we arrived 1am in the morning and he was still there to meet us and showed us around. You do need to turn on the hot water and he said it takes up to an hour to warm up for the shower, but you have to turn it off before you shower. A few times we only needed to wait about 10-15 minutes for it to warm up which was nice. There was a complimentary bottle of water in our fridge which was perfect especially after our long day of traveling.

The hotel is located right when the main street begins in the city of Oia. There is a mini mart literally steps up from our room and a bakery just down the main street. The location was great since the hotel wasn’t in front of the main pedestrian walk way so sitting on our balcony was peaceful, quiet and away from the tourists. When booking a hotel in Oia, I’d recommend to ask exactly where the hotel is located regarding the walking areas if this is something that is important to you so you know what to expect.

We stayed in the standard studio which had red accents and a stunning view of the caldera. All the rooms have the beautiful view so you can’t go wrong. However, we chose this specific room because we only needed a double, since they do offer rooms for 3 people or more, it had a nice area for a balcony which was overlooking the water versus overlooking a walk-way where people are constantly walking, and it was the best price I was looking for. There are so other rooms that have a larger deck space, but the roofs of the other rooms block some of the caldera view so we were the second to the highest room in the hotel. It had all the functions we needed including a small fridge, stove, sink, dishes, bath soap, towels, etc. It does not have its own pool, but it does have a deck for you to enjoy. You can go to the free public pool at the Café Logerma, which is down the main street of Oia. It is basically at the end of town so if you make your way to the end of the island you will find it.

Please note there is a Thea Studios in Fira, but this is the one in Oia! Oia is the more beautiful city to stay in. If you arrive by ferry you arrive at the port at the town of Fira so you will need to take a taxi or bus which is only 1,60 euros per person and 30 minute ride. If you fly, then it’s a 30 minute taxi ride from the airport. We loved our stay here and would totally stay here again!! Thank you Torun and Markos!

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing