“Very good location , amazing rooms!”
Review of Maria's Place

Maria's Place
Ranked #5 of 73 Speciality Lodging in Oia
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and we really enjoyed it! The pool has very good position to watch the sunset !the room has everything u need from AC to kitchenette and safe box! Really big size rooms and very comfy bed! The price is also great as u r minutes away from the point of the best sunset of the world ! If u coming to santorini u have to stay here unless if u want to spend a fortune to expensive hotels! For sure ill stay again here and I strongly recommend it!
The owner offers a free pick up and drop off from/to the airport/port which saves you lots of money!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The owners bent over backwards to make our stay incredible.

Vue wasn't great, however, if you want a place you can stay by the nice pool or your poolside apartment in the day and then are a beautiful 2 min walk from the main pedestrian part of the beautiful village, this is your place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Amazing island and lovely place to stay. Our host was so nice and careful. The place is very charming, clean and very good located. We had a balcony and a beautiful view on the famous sun set. Maria is a very lovely person. I cried when I left this place. I really recommend it. Thank you Maria.
Un séjour magique. Une hôte très sympathique et qui prends soin de ses clients. L'hôtel a beaucoup de charme, propre et agréable. Nous avions une chambre avec balcon et vue imprenable sur le fameux coucher de soleil. Maria est une très belle personne. Je recommande vraiment cet hôtel a Oia.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Oia is incredibly expensive so when we found Maria's place was a reasonable deal for a room with kitchen and swimming pool for the kids. Plenty of room indeed, very clean, and they clean it every day, but dishes are missing to do real cooking and serve a family of four. We liked the room really. Location is okay. Owner is proud of the view but it is of no interest when you just came from another island as beautiful as Amorgos.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jeanpierree
Reviewed 14 August 2013

There was not one thing that was negative about staying here. From the moment I arrived the owner welcomed me with open arms. The breakfast is extra but worth it. Absolutely delicious traditional greek yoghurt with honey, and cakes, coffee etc. I had since tried greek yoghurt a few more times while on different Islands and could not even come close to the one I experienced for breakfast here. Also exceptional wifi connection in the room, our own controlled air conditioning made the stay comfortable. The location was on the outskirts of the main shops/centre in Oia, which means you didn't have to sort through a maze of crowded people and windy streets to get home. Bus stop right outside. I would have not liked staying in the very centre, but it was literally a 2 minute walk to it If i wanted to go eat at a restaurant or see the caldera view. Amazingly - i don't understand the science but we could see both sunset and sunrise from our apartment balcony. There is minimum noise at this place and it is so peaceful and relaxing. The pool always looks perfect and there are 3 or 4 tiny kittens on the property. We spent lots of time playing with them. Every morning a man with donkeys walks past the property which makes the experience interesting. The view from my balcony resembled a sort of tuscany by the sea, it was picturesque. The owner gave us a huge map on the day we arrived and wrote all over it with suggestions of places to visit. We saw almost all her recommendations and it was a lot of fun, we based our itinerary from her advice. Once I needed my lock cut off my suitcase because i accidentally changed the combination and she asked her husband to do it for me the same day. Also he drove us to the port free of charge on our last day which was very kind. Every day the owners and cleaners and different staff greeted us with a warm smile. The gardens surrounding the cute little villas are full of lavender and wild flowers, there are usually butterflies around. It is truly heaven. I would not stay anywhere else in Santorini.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sister and I were blessed with the opportunity to spend a weekend with Anna at Maria's Place over the summer. What an amazing experience! Maria's Place was affordable, in a wonderful location and had the sweetest staff. We were only a couple minute walk from downtown Oia. Anna was wonderful, she helped us plan our vacation from beginning to end giving us a locals insight to the island. She set us up on an amazing boat tour around the island (one of my favorite memories of our trip even though I got slightly sea sick). Our room was perfect with an amazing view of the ocean and we were able to see the sun rise from our balcony. We spent two months in Europe and Oia was by far our favorite place. Not only because of its amazing views, delicious food and great shopping but also because of the wonderful people we met there. If you are going to Oia, Maria's Place is the place to be!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed 4 nights. First, Kostas picked us at 6:00 am at the airport and we checked-in before 7:00 am. Very nice, we could sleep a bit more! When we woke up Anna welcomed us with coffee and cake. She is very very welcoming! She suggested us activities, places to visit, and much more. She was always there to answer our questions. Maria's Place is a 5 minutes walk to Oia. The supermarket, the rent-a-car; where we rented scooters, and the buses to the volcano are nearby. The studios are very clean and the place is lovely. The pool is very appreciated after a hot day. Although they picked us at the airport, they would not drive to the port on our last day, we had to arrange something with the car rental company.

I and 3 others would recommend this place,