“Ideal for sunset gazing”
Review of Nocturna Cafe

Nocturna Cafe
Ranked #54 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Reviewed 24 December 2018

Great service from waiter and bar staff, great food and drink. Climb an outside staircase up to a small cafe. My Greek sandwich (baguette) with fries and Volkan beer was top notch, reasonable prices for its location in Oia. Husband's cheese ham and mushroom crepe with crisps (there's British!) was most enjoyable with his lemon ice tea. Good table position (get there late afternoon) for photographing sunset and overlooking Oia. Comfy soft sofas for romantic cuddles at back of cafe. We stayed there for a second drink as it was so good.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We found this awesome restaurant in Oia by chance but excellent service and food with spectacular views on a lovely terraced eating area. We had pizza ...yum and had a glass of ouzo. Would definitely highly recommend this restaurant to all.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Great view overlooking Oia especially at night time to see all the lights! Amazing staff and happy to take photos! Seafood pasta had a lot of seafood and the food was amazing

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Hilariously I was at Nocturna the same time as levy0z who reviewed it poorly. What he DIDN'T explain is his family had two tables and then he proceeded to take up a THIRD table by himself to no doubt enjoy the beautiful view. His child made a mess eating spaghetti but levy0z's wife compounded the issue by brushing the mess off the kid onto the floor. The altercation began because the server wanted the third table for a couple. levy0z wouldn't move and argued. levy0z's wife started shouting 'take this table take this table' pointing at the table and surrounding area with spaghetti everywhere. Tourists in Santorini seem to feel they are entitled to the royal treatment.
MY EXPERIENCE was VERY different. They were very busy and turns out their credit card machine was broken. They told me this BEFORE I ordered but offered to take me downstairs to the affiliated market. The food was tasty and brought to my table quickly. The view is spectacular - glass everywhere so you can see right out to the caldera.
Then when it came time to pay (after levy0z spectacularly had a tantrum and stomped off) and they were STILL super busy, the server who had the dust up with levy0z was still more than happy to take me downstairs so I could pay. He was very clear he wasn't rushing me and he was visibly upset. Personally I think levy0z was out of line. As I mentioned I felt many tourists felt entitled to act and do whatever they feel like and I feel for the locals. It might be their source of income but you should still treat the environment and people with dignity.
I had a wonderful chat with the server while I was paying. He was kind and amiable. I would definitely go back again especially since levy0z won't return!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We were by treated very badly by the servers, who were not nice and very impatient. We got the feeling they wanted us out as soon as possible to get more clients. we were yelled at when our baby (1.5 years old) threw on the floor something and complained about the "mess". we are still very hurt and shocked by this behavior. the view from their restaurant doesn't justify such insults.

Date of visit: September 2018