All reviews every evening sunset view watch the sunset each morning rental car cave room few steps private balcony elias comfort luggage port jacuzzi privacy caldera perfection transfer
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I have to say I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself right now. I'm sitting in my hot tub
(Heat turned off), high up, looking out over an amazing view of the port and bay, drinking wine and eating amazing Ibrochetta as I watch the remarkable sunset. Up behind us there are hundreds of people who have come to watch the same event but are crammed together on the steps, or on the walls of the castle. The night before we had 6 newly made friends from our boat trip join us, and we could have fit 6 more, the deck is that big.

Next door, for some reason I can't fathom, I see people who are paying 400 euros per night more than us for the same location at Arts Maisones . I am smiling

Here are the pluses and minuses:

Plus: unbeatable location with sunset view and close to main walkway, shops and restaurant.

Great service from everyone we touched. From Elias, who was basically a terrific personal concierge, to Julia, who made scrumptious breakfasts delivered to our balcony and had a lovely personality, to the restaurant staff , to the guys who helped carry our luggage. All nice and helpful.

Food- aside from the aforementioned breakfast, the rooms are part of the Kastro Oia restaurant, which is a top 25 TA restaurant. Great food and drinks if you want to eat there, two flights up, or have it brought to your room.

Lovely cave room with nice touches and decorations. Well lit, great AC, great shower. Welcomed us with bottle of wine and fruit

Price- much better than many other comparable options

Minuses: not many
Wifi was a little spotty on our deck and part of our room, I think because of the walls. But I learned to switch signals to other available options

Bed was a little soft for my liking, but others may like that better

Note- every room has a deck with sunset view, but ours was bigger. If that matters, choose the sunset view room with the hot tub.

Would stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elias S, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Kastro Oia Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you so much for the beautiful review!
Looking forward to see you again!
Elias

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Great crew, great location, great room! Everyday we got a different surprise to the room, which was clean, beautiful and with a great view to the sunset. This is the best spot at the island where all the visitors are coming every evening to watch the sunset.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank 442yardenl
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We booked Kastro Oia houses on booking.com after looking at the photos. The photos looked stunning, and in the run up to our stay, I kept wondering if the place would really be as good as it looked in the pictures. But let me tell you, photos do no justice to this wonderful, wonderful place! the location is arguably the best in Oia. In the evening, crowds gathered outside our room for the view, which we could experience right from our private balcony or in our own private hot tub. The room itself wasn't very big, but it was just so pretty, There were paintings on the wall that made them resemble cave paintings, the attention to detail was amazing. Even the tissue box was dressed in a pretty covering! Everything was just PERFECT! The service is amazing, we were asked to provide a time each morning, and breakfast would be laid out in our private balcony at that time even before we arrived. We left early the day of the checkout, so the manager even arranged for breakfast to be packed for us to be eaten at the airport! The staff were so friendly, and were always smiling! If you are looking for the PERFECT vacation, just make your way down to Kastro, you will not regret it! The 4 days we spent in Kastro were 4 days in Heaven!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PriyaJeyaprakash
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Forget about the money you give them and book a suite with a jacuzzi and sunset view. That's all you have ever wanted. Rooms are excavated in the white stone hill and full optional. Service is first class.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank loziodima
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Sunset View suite and it certainly lived up to its name. You have the best view in the house when it comes to the sunset and although at times, you feel at you are in a goldfish bowl, we lapped it up. The room itself is pretty basic but they are some nice touches like a Nespresso coffee machine, good towels and fruit in the room everyday. TV and Internet work well but no Internet on the terrace. Breakfast is served everyday on the terrace at your chosen time and is a sumptuous spread. Finally all the staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help. It's a short by hilly walk to the main area but the Kastro Restaurant is very close if you don't fancy the walk, personally I would talk the walk as the best restaurants tend to be more central. All in all, we had a great time.

Date of stay: September 2016