“Pleasant environment, good food!”
Review of Papagalos Restaurant - CLOSED

Papagalos Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

After waiting for the sunset we had dinner at this restaurant.
Nice cuisine, nice staff, good wine!
Average price

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great food, great view, great staff! Lunch was tasty while sitting in the cool breeze. Gazing out to the caldera watching the boats sail out to the volcano

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The waiters were so rude, I felt I should apologize on their behalf. It was like watching a horror movie, the way they treated customers. Food was ok (can't even remember what it tasted like - we just wanted to get out of there). Portions very small and the baklava was a silly raison dessert. Awful experience. Definitely not a place where kids are welcome. And very expensive - the house wine was the highlight of our dinner.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came here for lunch on our first day in Oia. One evening, we decided to have a low-key dinner, so we made a reservation here. We were a little nervous because the reviews for dinner were mixed. The reviews were wrong! We had an amazing meal! One of our best in Oia! First of all, we enjoyed a great glass of white wine. One of the best ones we had on our trip. For an appetizer, my husband and I split the oyster mushrooms. Amazing! They were in a cream, parmigian, tomato, garlic, and thyme sauce. I had the sole with fennel and sun dried tomatoes. I loved this dish! The side was awesome too! Pea purée! I don't even like peas, but I loved this side. My husband had the meatballs in tomato sauce with a mint yogurt dipping sauce. The sides were rice and grilled pitas. He was surprised at how much he enjoyed his meal. Our waiter was helpful, knowledgable, attentive, and precise. Our entire bill (including the glass of wine and a beer) was @56 euros! Very reasonable! You've got to try this place! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Santorini for 11 nights of which we ate here twice. The food was great quality and extremely tasty. The staff were very welcoming and the overall experience was extremely positive.

I would highly recommend