“Just a paradise!”
Review of Lauda Restaurant

Lauda Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lauda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Price range: US$57 - US$182
Description: Long before Santorini became known as one of the world’s most popular destinations, Oia was a small village with 306 inhabitants, located at the northern edge of the caldera. Lauda, built on this rock in 1971, was the village’s first restaurant. It was the place where the locals gathered to talk and drink, the place with the village’s only telephone. Today, Lauda Restaurant is commited to honouring the history and tradition of this unique place. Equipped with exceptional local ingredients and our devotion to the volcanic soil, the native grapes, the aromas and the colours of Santorini we strive to offer you an authentic gastronomic experience.
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

We tried the discovery menu and it was excellent
Presentation and taste amazing
From the chefs welcome to the end everything was great

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank deni1997

Reviewed 21 December 2018

If you are ever in Santorini and want to enjoy the sunset with a drink, this place is a MUST! Great food, great atmosphere, amazing view!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank AleArriaza
Reviewed 21 November 2018

Lauda Restaurant is the best dining experience I have ever had. First I have to mention the setting and the fantastic views. It is hands down the most romantic place I have been to and one of the most beautiful. The views will take your breath away.

Next is the food. Chef Emmanuel Renaut is a 3 Michelin star chef and his food are definitely artistic masterpieces. I was here for an anniversary dinner and to start we had the Tomato an interesting but tasty watermelon and tomato dish. For the main course I had the Scorpion Fish Mouse and my boyfriend had the Greek Lamb, both of which were delicious. The lamb was cooked to perfection. And for dessert, we shared the Greek Mont Blanc and it was an absolutely divine end to our meal. The fig definitely added to the sensation of being in Greece.

Our server Paris was very attentive and helped to enhance our dining experience. You'll be lucky to have him if you come here. Kudos to Chef Emmanuel and to Paris. If you're planning a trip to Santorini (especially for a honeymoon or anniversary), I highly recommend making a reservation at Lauda Restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 12 November 2018

I stayed Andronis Boutique and had three course dinner here. The table view was gorgeous, and all staff was very professional, polite, and knows what we needed. Appetizer was very creative and beautiful plating. The main portion was more than enough for two people and the pork was cooked perfectly good. The dessert plate was another fun to see and taste with local ingredients. It was one of the best experiences I had in Santorini.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018

My fiancé and I do our research before dining, and we were thrilled to find a nearby restaurant serving a menu by Michelin-starred chef Emmanuel Renaut.

I’m an adventurous eater, so I tried the scorpion fish mousse. My fiancé thought it “sounded weird,” but even she had to admit it was delicious. Her appetizer was tomato tartare, and while I enjoyed my bite, I preferred the complexity of the mousse. We both had lamb for our main, which was tender and juicy—easily one of the best dishes I had on our trip.

Our server, Paris, was attentive but not overbearing, and he even gave my fiancé a rose to keep when I mentioned we were celebrating our engagement!

I only wish we’d chosen a warmer night, but the romantic views were absolutely worth the chill.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Lauda Restaurant? Share your experiences!