“Fine Dining in Oia”

Ranked #35 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2018

This is a small and stylish restaurant situated some 20 steps down the cliff side from the main pathway through Oia. It is relatively sheltered from the noise of passing tourist crowds, and has a somewhat 'exclusive' feel compared to the other eateries at the top.

There are tables in the open air on terraces overlooking the caldera, and also a lovely traditional cave-style area inside.

The popular restaurants in Oia are expensive ( this one significantly more than others we visited ) but the overall experience we had here was excellent.

All very romantic and a great place for a special occasion.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Total disrespect to guests and visitors. Don’t accidently step on their backdoor entrance or they will show their “IQ”. Avoid that place.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant and view. Food: very well prepared and high quality. Excellent the baby squid with pesto and also the fava of Santorini was nice. Excellent also the catch of the day. Dessert: very big, I suggest to order one for two persons. Wine a bit expensive. All in all, 200 euros including tip.

Reviewed 17 October 2018

The first people we met in Firastefani instructed us to make a reservation for Ambrosia in Oia one night on our trip, raving about the romantic atmosphere and view. Though we had been enjoying very traditional greek cuisine around us, the menu was intriguing, and we went for it.
I attempted to make a reservation by email early in the day, but was told nothing was available until very late in the evening. Strolling by we popped in "just in case", and were immediately seated on the deck at with a gorgeous view, so you may want to try your luck if the reservations are booked.
The servers were very attentive, making us feel welcome. Blankets were available if it was chilly, but wine helps with that too!
We ordered the Ambrosia tarts and Ambrosia Salad to start after overhearing the couple next to us exclaim the salad was the best of their trip. The salad is a nice mix of tropical fruit and seafood, and the tarts are goat cheese, tomatoes, caramelized onions and basil. Both were great.
For the main I had a very tasty light lemon pasta dish with babette ribbons (similar to a linguine).
To be honest, I have no idea what my boyfriend ordered - usually he can ask me months later, and I have total food order recall, but we had such a fun meal, I have no idea what was on his plate. But he loved it.
It was a bit pricier than most restaurants on the island, but a gorgeous view, great service, and fun menu to mix it up. Definitely worth checking out in Oia!

Reviewed 13 October 2018

My husband and I had dinner here on our honeymoon. This restaurant has the most amazing views (no sunset view however)
The food and service is 10/10
We had such a romantic memorable night here.
I do suggest making a reservation so you get a good table on the terrace