“Fantastic experience!!!”

Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Oia
New York City, New York
“Fantastic experience!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I highly recommend that great hotel: I couldn't complain about a thing!!
Hotel is located in the center of Oia right on the cliff overlooking the caldeira and the see, the manager was very nice and helpful for restaurants/bars/rent cars/daily trips, and last but not least: the breakfast was served every morning on the terrace overlooking the sea and it was the most amazing thing ever!!!!!!!!
I will go back for sure!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emmanuel D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at the Villa Galini through Armeni Village, and we dont have enough words to express how much we enjoyed our stay.
The rooms were clean and were serviced daily by a lovely girl.
We were looked after by Ivor who was a Bulgarian man living on Santorini.
Ivor was fantastic and really spoiled us during our stay.
He carried my wifes suitcase down the steep steps (which was not easy considering how heavy her bag was!!) when we arrived, and back up when we left.
He brought us an amazing breakfast each morning (too much food actually, so we saved on lunches there!!).
The view from the balcony was breathtaking, and it was so hard to leave.
The beauty of the caldera and perfectness of the surrounding white washed houses and buildings was picture perfect, and we would come back here in an instant!
The location was just amazing and was surprisingly quiet.
Thanks to the staff of this amazing villa- especially Ivor who made our honeymoon stay so memorable and comfortable.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 June 2012

There are tones of hotel for you to choose at Oia and I m glad that I pick Armeni for my honeymoon trip at Santorini!! I was staying at Room no.8 and this room is superb! I got my own balcony which I could enjoy my breakfast with a magnificent Aegean seaview!  The room is large and clean! Staff and manager are all very kind and helpful! Really need to thanks them taking care of us during our stay! The main pool is not that big, but I still enjoy the refreshing dip after the sunbath at the deck! Everything of this hotel is perfect and I highly recommend you to stay in Armeni! You won't be regret!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Bsham
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 June 2012

WOW! What a beautiful hotel. This is a peaceful retreat just enough steps away from the main tourist path. We only stayed for 2 nights, but the first evening and last morning we wanted nothing more than to relax at this hotel, enjoying the spectacular view from our mostly-private, quiet sitting area.

When we arrived, we discovered that our room had been upgraded, which was such a treat! There were a couple minor things askew in our lovely room - a light bulb was out and a squeaky closet door. When I mentioned them to the staff, they were kind and told us they would fix them right away, and they did, which I was grateful for.

Otherwise, nothing seemed overlooked here. The conveniently located facility was very clean, the bed wonderfully comfortable, the room very quiet and the breakfast delicious! My husband and I split one breakfast, which was ample for us each to have a light meal trying the local specialties.

In my hours of bliss in this paradise, only a couple aspects lightly surprised me. The jacuzzi, while bubbly, is not heated and closes at 8pm. The pool is pleasant but small. There are no hot tubs at this hotel for everyone's use. The two hot tubs at the hotel are only for two couples staying in adjacent rooms. There was a couple with a baby our last day, and I had been so wrapped up in the peace of the place that it actually surprised me to hear a crying/cooing baby as we relaxed outside. Somehow, this seemed out of place. Then again, this place is called a "Village" and does have family rooms. Also, the cave style bathrooms have shorter doors so watch your head if you are tall! Lastly, a metal vase in the room cluttered the otherwise graceful, simple style and so I tucked it into the closet for our stay. I loved the pretty stone floors and slippers!

However, the little things I noticed were blown away by the overall amazing experience we had relaxing in this beautifully designed hotel upon it's spectacular location with friendly staff doing whatever they can to make you feel comfortable. I would highly recommend that if you are going all the way to Santorini, jump into a Greek calendar picture by indulging in a room at gorgeous Armeni Village.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Brighton England
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We had the most amazing time in Oia, not least because of this hotel. There are many magnificent hotels in this resort, but the Armeni village, was simply beautiful. It's hard to describe the incredible views from the terraces, they were just stunning. The service from the hotel from the carrying of our cases from the taxi drop off to the delivery of the fabulous breakfast everyday was impeccable. We even had a small kitchen in our room with a full sized fridge - excellent for storing our champagne! We were celebrating our civil partnership and it couldn't have been at a better place. You have to experience it for yourselves to fully appreciate just how relaxing and chilled this place is.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just arrived back from a week in Armeni Village and have only good things to say about this wondeful Oasis of a Hotel. The staff are some of the nicest, most helpful and courteous people i have come across in my many travels around the world. Maria always greeted you with a smile and was most knowledgeable about the Island, Florian was always on hand to help.
The hotel is situated overlooking the caldera with the most breathtaking views, which is really what you want when staying in Santorini. The room which was very spacious and bright was very comfortable and seemed to have been recently renovated. Breakfast was great with a huge selection of food brought directly to the room and the hotel has a pool and a further smaller pool. I had such a wonderful stay here that i would highly recommend this Hotel and will certainly be visiting again.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 2 which had its own private terrace directly overlooking the Caldera