“Very good, but mostly because of the view....”

Armeni Village Rooms & Suites
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon and chose it for the views it has, especially from the room. I had read from some other reviews that there are steps, but did not realize how steep the steps are exactly - so if you have any problems walking lots of steps, this isn't the hotel for you -- it's actually more of a hike to get to the top where the main walking part of Oia is. The good thing is that they have great staff who help transport your luggage to and from on the steps.

Also, I requested a caldera view, and actually only had a partial view. A partial view is fine, but I felt a little mislead by the description, and there are actually only a few rooms that have a full caldera view. Breakfast was 10 euro per person delivered to the room, which for a hard boiled egg and some cheeses seemed a bit overpriced. There are many, many restaurants near by where you can get much more for the same price so we went with those (omelette, frappe, yogurts, etc). The water in the shower also took quite some time to warm up, and even then at times shut off completely, sometimes mid-shower. Management said this was because many people were using it. Lastly, the pool area. There were only 2 sunbeds right in the pool area the first day, and then a 2 more brought out the next day for a total of 4 beds. Only a couple of them can fit under the one umbrella by the pool facing the caldera though, and in the VERY hot summer weather, you just cannot be in the sun that long. Overall, the location was good and the views stunning, but the property itself can use some improvement.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula L

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Armeni Village is by far in the top 3 places I have ever stayed. The service was of the highest quality, the rooms were very clean and beautifully presented and the view was breath taking. From the moment my friends and I stepped off the bus we were treated like royalty. George and Maria bend over backwards to ensure that every need was met and well exceeded my expectations. Sipping on a glass of wine, while relaxing in the sun on the comfortable lounge chairs while watching the sun slowly set over the 180 degree view of the ocean is probably my favourite memory of my entire trip. The worst part of Armeni village is leaving - I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing - I dont think you could find a bad room there if you tried
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheena B
Reviewed 17 July 2012

When you think of Santorini, you think of white washed buildings perched high above the aqua sea. This is one of those places. Each room is different and incorporates the symbolic cave structures into the rooms beautifully. If you want to stay in accommodation three times the price with designer decor, this is probably not going to suit. If you prefer simple, but stylish, comfortable living, you have found it here. The continental breakfasts, which are served at your very own table and overlook stunning views, are huge and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful offering excellent suggestions for restaurants and tours. The views of other lovely buildings along the hill side and incredible sea views from the pool lounge chairs are truly spectacular. My memories of Santorini are the beautiful weather, sensational views and delightful accommodation

Room Tip: Choose a room with your own balcony/ courtyard for added privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Couldnt beat the location. Doesn't get picture perfect views of the sunset but being right in the middle of oia it's only a 5min walk to the famous view. Still has amazing views of the caldera.
Rooms are basic. Service is good. Helped with our bags and all questions we had. Assisted us getting a car.
The price is reasonable for oia however we felt a little cheated by the way that this hotel is portrayed. The pool they advertise isnt big enough to fit 5 people, more like a jacuzzi and the jacuzzi is even smaller. Also advertised as suites. However apart from our room having a balcony the rooms were more like the basic accommodation you would get in a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Mario_Gala82
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is picture perfect! The hotel staff met us at the bus, carried our bags to the beautiful room and attended to our every need. In no time at all, we were sitting on the lounges overlooking an incredible view of ocean and islands in one direction and the houses of Santorini in the other direction. George, the hotel Manager, and Maria looked after us so well, providing recommendations of where to eat and when to go particular places. It was literally a dream come true staying here.

Room Tip: The rooms on the main walkway have windows that open directly into the public area so you need to cl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clair M
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Armeni Village is a gorgeous hotel centrally located in the heart of Oia in Santorini. It is private, quiet, simple yet elegant. Perfect for the type of traveler who wishes to escape for some much needed relaxation. The breathtaking views alone make you feel like you are living a dream.

I luckily found Armeni Village through Trip Advisor and immediately felt confident booking it as it had such glowing reviews. From the moment I emailed the hotel, I knew we were in great hands. George and Maria were extremely responsive, professional and attentive to all our needs. I had expressed to them that this was a special trip and they immediately booked us in one of their nicest Junior Suites, room #8 which was recently renovated and boasts a private balcony with a breathtaking view of the Caldera. We also found the staff to be incredibly knowledgable and they have relationships at some of the best restaurants, best boating tours, wine tasting tours, etc. Definitely take their recommendations as they are top notch and also make sure to do a day-tour on a Catamaran! The Catamaran was certainly the highlight of our trip as it allowed us to visit several of the amazing beaches, the volcano hot springs, do some snorkeling, plus we had a fresh seafood lunch prepared right before our eyes and also made some great friends from different countries in the process!

Definitely recommend having breakfast on the balcony every morning, a must do! It's like waking up to the most beautiful travel postcard you've ever seen, and you're in it! We also loved the cave-like shower in this room that overlooks the volcanic rocks, we felt like we were in a James Bond movie!

All in all, you really can't go wrong with Armeni Village -- it's a beautiful place, it's perfectly located, a great value, and you'll feel at home instantly. Thank you Armeni Village for such great memories! We look forward to coming back!

~Laura Ramirez & Wiley Mathews, Brooklyn, NY, USA

Room Tip: Ask for Room #8 which has a private balcony overlooking the Caldera
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraRamirez
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I had been planning my trip to Greece for years and reviewed so many hotels via tripadvisor my mind was boggled. I chose Armeni after much consideration and it was even better than I expected. From the moment I emailed the hotel there were immediate replies. I had phoned and emailed many times before arrival and felt I already knew the helpful staff before even arriving. When we did arrive I was amazed. Armeni is a few steps down from the main path of oia and just gorgeous. The views are out of this world and our suite was fantastic!!!There were three of us and we had number 12 which had been freshly painted and renovated and so spacious!! There were two single beds upstairs and a double bed in its own cave room downstairs plus a lovely bathroom, table and chairs and lounge couch area. We had a huge balcony and chairs with a magnificent breakfast served on our balcony every day. We all just loved it and Oia is the place to stay. So charming. My only regret is that we only stayed two nights and then moved to imverogli to a more expensive hotel with less room. We should have just stayed at Armeni for the total 5 days. I have seen a lot of the world and there are not many places i would come back to but Santorini oia is a place I will definitely return to and Armeni village is top of the list for accommodation and excellent value. Thankyou to all at Armeni for making our stay such a glorious one.

Room Tip: Any room is great. If you are a family or three adults I suggest room 11 or 12. They also have a ex...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends