“great hotel”
Review of Nissos Thira Hotel

Nissos Thira Hotel
Ranked #49 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Wow what a great little hotel, rooms cleaned everyday, good breakfast and friendly family run. Nothing was too much trouble and always helpful. Great location as 5 min walk from caldera and 2 min from bus depot. I usually stay in 5* hotels but my budget was limited and I am so glad it was. Much more of a Greek experience and much more friendly. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 May 2014

* Great location in downtown Fira (near restaurants, nightclubs, rent a car companies)
* Extremely helpful staff, especially the owner
* Clean rooms

* No panoramic view
* No fancy breakfast

HOWEVER , for what you are paying in Santorini this Hotel is definitely a GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY.

I totally recommend this hotel for a squeezed budget vacation...

Cheers,

Room Tip: choose room with a good WIFI connection!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank joeonk
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Cute hotel. Room with terrace. Simple forniture well mantained. Rooms cleaned daily and very well. Very friendly family owning it and extremelly helpful. Excellent location next to bus, taxis station and to main square. If I go back to Santorini I will repit for sure!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ines1264
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The location is ideal as only a few moments walk to Fira centre and the amazing Caldera views. The Hotel is very reasonably priced given the location and the bonus of a good pool. Our room was spacious with a private balcony overlooking the pool. The only criticism was the shower which was a bit basic. Overall we were extremely pleased with our week long stay and made very welcome by the friendly and helpful staff. Frosts from Surrey.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 18Ger
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I'm here now as I write this. I was hesitant to book this, because there are not many photos and it was hard to tell what it was like. For the price, I figured it probably wasn't all that nice.

Let me start by saying my most important thing is cleanliness. I don't want to stay in a dirty hotel. This place met my needs in terms of cleanliness. I'd give it an 9 out of 10 on cleanliness scale.

It is definitely a modest hotel. I've read reviews on here where people are pissed about the small room size, the breakfast, the show etc. What do you expect for less than $100 dollars per night? I don't get the people that think it should be luxury for that low price. But it is definitely worth the money, in my mind.

Breakfast is modest, just like many say. But it's enough to get you going in the morning. Some bread, pastries, canned fruit, greek yogurt, coffee and cereal with milk. You'll find that most Holiday Inn's and hotels that serve breakfast in the US don't offer much more than that. That is usually the standard when breakfast is included, so I'm really not sure where the shock comes from.

The rooms are definitely small, but do you plan on staying in the room the entire time? I hope not...you're on Santorini! get out and explore! The bathroom is small. Shower is weird, small with no curtain so the water splashes out into the bathroom, but hey, if that's how they want it, I don't care. I'll get the entire place wet. So I don't get upset about such things.

The refrigerator setup was kind of annoying. When you leave and take the key, all of the electricity shuts off, including the fridge, so really, what's the point? We bought some meat and cheeses and now we really can't store them...unless we want to leave our room unlocked with the key inside, which I don't. But my solution was to just remove the magnet from the key ring so that I can leave the electricity on when I leave, just for the fridge.

The hotel is one block off of the main square and just a few more steps from all of the shops and the nightlife. It's definitely in a good area. What people say is true, it's on a busy street so ask for the pool side, because the other side faces the street. Many of the rooms open right onto the pool. We had 8, which faced the pool, but also didn't pick up the wi-fi signal, so I have to go upstairs to the lobby to get on the internet, which is lame.

Also, there are no views of the caldera. In fact, there are no views at all, except the houses that surround the property. See my panorama out the back to get an idea of what I mean. I also took pics of the room and shower.

Last thing, some people have said that the pool only gets sun for part of the day. That is true, but it seems to be the hottest part of the day, so for me, no problem.

There is not a hot tub.

The people that work here are super friendly.

Bus stop is two minutes away by foot, not five, don't know why people on these forums think stuff is really further than it is. Buses go from Fira everywhere else and back. From what I can tell, you cannot catch a bus from Fira to Akrotiri then to Perrisus. I think you have to come back to Fira, then catch another bus.

Although this hotel wasn't perfect, we still enjoyed it very much. My girlfriend thought it was super cute, and I agree, it was. It isn't luxury, but you can't beat it for the price.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the pool side, and if you want wifi in your room, make sure you don't get one o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank garek007
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I been at the hotel with my colleagues for vacation and the staff are friendly.its has a small swimming pool. Near to santorini old city like 5 minutes walking.the hotel is clean with a small terrace.you carry your own bags to the rooms.no receptionist from 2230 at the desk. It has a small kiosk front of it opens till late . general atmosphere is nice and warm.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Awesome location just 5 minutes from the place you want to spend the evenings in Santorini. People go to Santorini for the views and sunsets.this hotel is 5 minutes away from the bars and restaurants you will spend time looking at the views. So clean and well run hotel the pool was a lovely surprise quite big and nearly always empty for my son and myself. Ask for a room at the back with a balcony if you want to get away from the road which is a small local road that does have some traffic, any noise was quickly forgotten when you shut the shutters and realised the benefits of the location. Bargain family run hotel. They changed my room for one with a balcony from which I could see the sea in the distance as soon as I asked. Couldn't recommend it more.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back on second floor are totally quiet with balcony overlooking pool. Or for young chil...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family