All reviewsoutdoor jacuzzisouthern edgehot tubapartment complexcaldera facingseparate sitting areaday cruiseliving roomprivate spaview is amazingroom numberminute walkmain partyogurtbreakfast was deliciousa wonderful stayeach morning
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is a property you should consider when visiting Santorini, in terms of location and value for money. We stayed three nights there, in an appartment for three people, and we were very comfortable during our time there. Expect no luxury or great amenities, instead you will discover and soak up the amazing views from the Caldera of santorini volcano, that's one of the great rewards you will always keep from this island.

Breakfast service is ok, served in your appartament, perhaps in the terrace if you want to, enjoining the views as you take you first meal of the day (the basics such as bread, eggs, cereal, yoghurt or some dairy sweet, cheese, ham, juice, cofee or tea: pretty decent). Almost every appartment have its own outdoor jacuzzi, what is a great plus during hot weather (only cold water). We found a little bit awkward the shower, since there was no curtains because it was actually a hottub with shower... kind of weird.

I would stay here again considering the good location, comfort and value for money, but I hope to spend some nights in Oia next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darnok
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Santorini is flush with places to stay. Many look similar and indeed many are similar. Kamares has the trademark look of white cliffside accommodation with blue woodwork that you will see everywhere. Kamares has the lovely views that many have and the clean and comfortable rooms too. So what made the difference? What made it special? Well quite simply it is the staff who exude a genuine warmth and desire to ensure you stay meets your expectation. Viya on reception could not be more helpful, cheerful and knowledgeable about how your time there could be well spent. Through no fault of the hotel there was a minor issue with rooms yet they were so concerned that our expectation on arrival had not been met that they arranged a day yacht cruise for us by way of an (unneeded) apology.
The outdoor jacuzzi's are delightful to soak in and watch the sunset. In an ideal world the terraces would be a bit more private but with only 6 rooms, you don't have many people coming and going.
Breakfast is served on your terrace in the morning - boiled eggs, greek yoghurt, toasted ham and cheese sandwich, juice, coffee. It's the same each day.
Location is great. You are a very short walk from Fira centre and there is a Carrefour supermarket two minutes from the apartments.
I would recommend renting a car, moped or ATV to get around and see the island, though local buses are plentiful.
Santorini is picture postcard beautiful. The beaches are really nothing to write home about - mostly volcanic shingle. that said, the better ones have plenty of sun loungers and bars/restaurants.
The outdoor cinema is worth a visit and if you want good local food in Fira along with good service then go to Mama's. It's a short walk from Kamares apartments.
In summary; Stunning Santorini and caring Kamares made this a dream trip for us and we would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quinnynews
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed at Kamares Apartments in early June and loved every single second we were there. We were greeted at the airport and taken to our apartment and our bags were delivered to our room for us. The receptionist/manager was very pleasant and very friendly and explained to us in detail about the apartments. The only thing which could have been handy was a map but we managed to get one of these from them later on.
We stayed in apartment number 4 and loved it. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the shower amazing; but the balcony and the view were the key - both were outstanding. We chose to have our breakfast every morning on the balcony looking out over the caldera. I must say after travelling around Europe for 5 weeks this would definitely be the best breakfast we had.
The Jacuzzi was great but we only used it a few times as it was not heated. However, after a whole day of traipsing around in the heat it was fantastic to have a refreshing dip and I imagine in July and August this would be even more the case. Many nights my husband and I sat on our balcony and watched the sunset with a glass of wine - it was fantastic. We would love to go back to Santorini and if we did we would book this apartment again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Each room has its advantages and disadvantages. I think room 4 had the best balcony and spa location, however it is used as an access route for guests staying in the room below. The room below is completely private but the spa and balcony not as good as room 4. It depends what your priority is as to what room you choose. I would recommend stating your priority when booking so the Kamares team can select the best room for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob_Gordon_1983
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at Kamares Apartments late May 2013. For a small hotel, this place is worth the money. The breakfast is served in your room and is plentiful and of great value. The toasted ham and cheese is served warm and the pot of coffee is very good. We stayed in Room 6 which was bright and well appointed. We had good wifi reception. You can tell this small hotel is run by woman, attention to detail in the bathroom, soft large towels, make up mirror provided, and full length mirror in room. The bed was very comfortable and there was kitchen amenities provided including, tea making facilities. The spa was clean, the view was unbelievable and our hosts Eleftheria and Vayia were wonderful. Nothing was a problem, they were very attentive, helped us with our luggage and offered good touring advice. Thank you Eleftheria & Vayia for our laughs and a wonderful stay and we hope to visit again. Anna & Brenda

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Padame007
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed in Kamares Apartments from the 14th-21st May 2013. It was our secound time to visit the amazing island of Santorini & it was just as wonderful as before. So lets get down to reviewing the apartments.
Location: The kamares apartments are situated in a great location. You are only minutes away from everything. They are situated on the cliff side overlooking the great & world famous caldera view. When leaving the complex turn left & you will be in the heart of Fira in a minute. Leave the complex and continue down the hill and turn right you have a great supermarket or turn left and you have the taxi/bus station. So everything is super handy and beside you but once at your apartment you will have no noise whatsoever. The only down side of the apartment location for me was that if you looked left from the terrece you looked at a disused building & the land fill site where santorini disposes of its rubbish. Its quite a bit in the distance but still not a great view so its best you keep the eyes forward or to the right. A small partition with some nice flowers may help with this. Other than that the location is spot on.
Staff: The staff are lovely. There is a young girl on the reception who was very helpful. Check in was swift & pleasent. The apartments are family owned & the lady who owns them is very nice although I don't think she can speak much english but then I cant speak much greek lol. We got buy though with strange signs to each other and a laugh. Remember this is greece, the greeks take things alot more in their stride so if sometimes things take a while thats just their way. Over all the staff were just great.
Apartment: The apartment as with most in Santorini was clean & furnished in traditional style. Always remember its not the accommodation you pay for in Santorini...its the view! Our apartment had a firm but comfortable bed, living room area with sink and cooking ring. Kettle etc. There was a nice bathroom with a great shower. There is a tv also which does get some english channels. Aircon was fine but only needed it a few nights as it was May & it was bit chilly at night although was 30 degrees during the day. On the terrece you have chairs, sun beds & a jacuzzi. We used the jacuzzi 3 times but it is not heated so was quite chilly. In May there was no point using it at night, to cold. All in all room was fine.
Breakfast: Ah well this is where the place failed. Breakfast was very low standard. Bread bread bread. Also ham and cheese toasty and boiled eggs. I would have liked to have had a slip with a selection to choose from. There is only 6 rooms so this could have been possible and is possible in other small apartments. The food was also very low quality. I would say this was where this place really let itself down. The coffee was so weak. The orange juice was more like fanta etc. It is served to your room but it was not a nice start to the day. We actually bought some coffee & started brewing our own. We did ask for some greek youagrt which we got but I just felt the breakfast should have been better standard. We paid €1100 for a week.
Cleaning: Rooms cleaned every day and towels changed. No complaints. Also jacuzzi cleaned every day.
So to sum up whould I return to Kamares? I would have to say I would probably choose another apartment. Its fine but there are a few tweeks needed. I think I would stay in Fira Stafani on my return as the views of fira are better and the standard of accomodation seems better. Don't get me wrong Kamares is fine but I stayed in better on my first visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple