All reviews outdoor jacuzzi southern edge apartment complex separate sitting area caldera facing day cruise living room private spa view is amazing minute walk room number comfortable room yogurt each evening main part our honeymoon a wonderful stay
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just returned from a week long stay at the Kamares Apartments in Fira. We had an amazing trip! The location of the Kamares is perfect - within a short walking distance to the City Center but far enough away to provide privacy and buffer the noise from the nightlife of Fira.

Anna is amazing and has a vast knowledge of the island and has many excellent contacts among the restaurant and shop owners of Fira.

The view is AMAZING!!! Excellent sunsets every night from our balcony. The apartment was spacious and always kept very clean.

I would return to the Kamares apartments for our next trip to Santorini!!

Room tip: Some other travelers have complained about the view to the left of the property. We actually found the abandoned mine to be part of the charm and didn't mind it a bit. Even the shared patios are still quite private. Every room had an excellent view of the caldera!
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed only one night here as we were unable to book a final night at the place we had stayed the previous three nights. The room was absolutely gorgeous. Generous size, nicely appointed and comfortable. It was also ideally situated just a very short walk to restaurants and shopping in Fira. While the view was stunning, I must say it did not surpass or equal the view we had at the Volcano View Hotel. I'd say the room at the Kamares (room 5) as well as the location, were both superior to VV. When we come back, I think we'll stay here our first few nights (we really LOVED the room) and then spend a night or two at the VV, just for the views. I HIGHLY recommend Kamares!!!!

Room tip: We saw only room 5. LOVED everything about it. Very nicely done!!!
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 1 year anniversary in the beautiful Santorini.
Kamares Apartments was recommended to us by friends of ours who had previously stayed there.
We had such a great time during our stay there, the service by the staff was fantastic, assisting us with the rental of our vehicle, confirming our ferry transportation arrangements, and the list goes on.

I must however state that we did plan our trip rather early, with the tourist season having just started.
Unfortunately we had the wind blowing throughout our stay. I can only imagine how amazing it would have been to make use of our outside jacuzzi with "sundowners".
We were told by numerous people that the best time to plan a visit to the island is September.

Thanks to Kamares Apartments for making our stay memorable.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Would recommend! Breakfast was simple but lots of varied items every day and tasted delicious! Watching the sunset / sunrise from our own terrace was a highlight! Service was excellent and the rooms were comfy and simply decorated in a traditional Greek style. Aside from our transfer from the ferry terminus not showing up or being delayed by an hour or so this was a dream end to a four week stint of island hopping!

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dst103
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Firstly, what an outstanding view! It is actually even better than it looks on the photos.
We had a really fantastic few nights here at the end of august/ begining ofSeptember 2013 and it was an experience of a lifetime. We had fantastic service as well as an amazing breakfast. I have coeliac disease which means that cannot eat wheat of gluten and when I told them this, they made sure that my breakfast was suitable for me.
Just to warn people thought that it is not completely private. We had a room where fellow residents had to walk past our patio to get downstairs to their room and there was a room adjacent to ours and you could see them in their hot tub from our hot tub.
Don't let this put you off though as it is an amazing place and I think you would have to pay a lot more money if you had a completely private room.
The nearby shops are extremely close but you cannot hear a thing which is good.
I highly recommend this place, we will certainly be going back!

Date of stay: September 2013