“Absolutely breathtaking”
Review of Kamares Apartments

Kamares Apartments
Ranked #4 of 53 Fira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with some friends of mine and even before we arrived we already felt welcomed. Anna was fantastic, one of the best hotel staff I have come across. She was extremely helpful even before we arrived communicating promptly via email. Whist we were there her friendly demeanor and knowledge of ofthe island made our trip an enjoyable one. Anything you want to do/ eat or drink she'll know the place to go.

The hotel was walking distance to the main strip and bus station which made it very easy to get around. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The maid who might I also add is lovely cleaned our room daily. Our terrace and juccuzzi overlooked the caldera which was absolutely breathtaking. We could also watch the stunning sunset from the comfort of our terrace.

Although the hotel was absolutely beautiful the staff here really made our trip making us feel right at home.

I highly recommend if traveling to Santorini to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just returned from a week long stay at the Kamares Apartments in Fira. We had an amazing trip! The location of the Kamares is perfect - within a short walking distance to the City Center but far enough away to provide privacy and buffer the noise from the nightlife of Fira.

Anna is amazing and has a vast knowledge of the island and has many excellent contacts among the restaurant and shop owners of Fira.

The view is AMAZING!!! Excellent sunsets every night from our balcony. The apartment was spacious and always kept very clean.

I would return to the Kamares apartments for our next trip to Santorini!!

Room Tip: Some other travelers have complained about the view to the left of the property. We actually found t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed only one night here as we were unable to book a final night at the place we had stayed the previous three nights. The room was absolutely gorgeous. Generous size, nicely appointed and comfortable. It was also ideally situated just a very short walk to restaurants and shopping in Fira. While the view was stunning, I must say it did not surpass or equal the view we had at the Volcano View Hotel. I'd say the room at the Kamares (room 5) as well as the location, were both superior to VV. When we come back, I think we'll stay here our first few nights (we really LOVED the room) and then spend a night or two at the VV, just for the views. I HIGHLY recommend Kamares!!!!

Room Tip: We saw only room 5. LOVED everything about it. Very nicely done!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 1 year anniversary in the beautiful Santorini.
Kamares Apartments was recommended to us by friends of ours who had previously stayed there.
We had such a great time during our stay there, the service by the staff was fantastic, assisting us with the rental of our vehicle, confirming our ferry transportation arrangements, and the list goes on.

I must however state that we did plan our trip rather early, with the tourist season having just started.
Unfortunately we had the wind blowing throughout our stay. I can only imagine how amazing it would have been to make use of our outside jacuzzi with "sundowners".
We were told by numerous people that the best time to plan a visit to the island is September.

Thanks to Kamares Apartments for making our stay memorable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Would recommend! Breakfast was simple but lots of varied items every day and tasted delicious! Watching the sunset / sunrise from our own terrace was a highlight! Service was excellent and the rooms were comfy and simply decorated in a traditional Greek style. Aside from our transfer from the ferry terminus not showing up or being delayed by an hour or so this was a dream end to a four week stint of island hopping!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dst103
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Firstly, what an outstanding view! It is actually even better than it looks on the photos.
We had a really fantastic few nights here at the end of august/ begining ofSeptember 2013 and it was an experience of a lifetime. We had fantastic service as well as an amazing breakfast. I have coeliac disease which means that cannot eat wheat of gluten and when I told them this, they made sure that my breakfast was suitable for me.
Just to warn people thought that it is not completely private. We had a room where fellow residents had to walk past our patio to get downstairs to their room and there was a room adjacent to ours and you could see them in their hot tub from our hot tub.
Don't let this put you off though as it is an amazing place and I think you would have to pay a lot more money if you had a completely private room.
The nearby shops are extremely close but you cannot hear a thing which is good.
I highly recommend this place, we will certainly be going back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spaggers
Reviewed 10 November 2013

i've been to kamares apartments for 1 week.I will never forget this place.My room was perfect,clean,decorated with excellent style .The view of the hotel is breathtaking and the outdoor jaccussi is like a dream...you can drink your coctail alone .You and the sea....
τhe service was impeccable. I had whatever i want quick with gentleness and most of all discretion.!!!
Thank you for all my new friends....i will see you next summer for sure...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple