“Some of the best food (and best beer) I've ever had”
Review of Saltsa - CLOSED

Saltsa
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is one of my favorite restaurants, period, and probably my favorite restaurant in Greece -- I've been here at least a dozen times, and the food never gets old. My favorites are the rooster pasta and the meatballs, but I've literally never gone wrong here -- I've tried almost everything on the menu, and everything they make is fantastic. The service is great, very very friendly, the view is perfect, the seating is comfortable (bench seats are great), good music, everything's great. I really love coming back here.
I think they're also the first place on the island to serve Volkan Beer, one of the best beers I ever had, and that's reason enough for me to keep goingg back (at least until this beer is sold more widely!! I think it's just a "Santorini beer" for now) -- they serve it as a pilsner and a weiss -- my friends preferred the pilsnerm, I liked the pilsner, but I thought the weiss was amazing. It's a dark beer but it tastes lighter than the pilsner, just a bit fruity and incredibly smooth -- I've never been a big beer drinker, but this one goes down so easy, I think it's converted me. Wherever you are in Greece, try to track down this beer wherever you can, especially the weiss.

3  Thank kagiv

Reviewed 16 August 2011

The location is ok, without a view but we appreciate it because it was a windy cold night.
We ordered only appetizers, since they sounded so interesting and we were curious to try different stuff. We order 5-6 that we couldn't finish because they were quite big but also heavy because they used a lot of oil. Especially the fried white eggplant was a K.O for my stomach since it had a lot of paprika and curry also. The fava was really nice, different from other places.
The service fast and nice. There was only remark of the weighter that we didn't really appreciate. She made fun of my boyfriend because he was mixing the fava with the oil and onion on the plate. That was not so nice since he is greek also and actually this is the way to eat fava. Maby we are being too sensitive about it.
Overall a nice place where i would like to return and try the rest of the dishes.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Saltsa does NOT have a view of the caldera. Instead, it is on the main road overlooking the other side of Santorini and has a wonderful, panoramic view. The food was excellent - classic Greek with a twist. We had the stuffed onlon and bruschetta with mackerel as appetizers, fish soup and pasta with tomatoes for our main dishes, followed by their special ice cream which has a faint rose petal flavor. Sweet and interesting. Excellent service.

4  Thank LLM_in_NJ
Reviewed 31 July 2011

It is easy to be ripped off in Fira with restaurants offering a view of the sunset over the caldera and, although this is a 'must see' whilst on Santorini, for the food alone at Saltsa, I would forgo the sunset view!
Saltsa is a very pretty place and has beautiful views over the island on to the Aegean Sea and it is a quiet, relaxing space, tastefully decorated. The menu is small compared to most Greek restaurants, but the choice is still amazing.
Every dish we had was superb - fresh ingredients, fabulous flavours and beautifully presented. The bill was also a pleasant experience compared to other places we dined in!
I am really rather fussy when I eat out, but would return to Saltsa again and again.....highly recommended.

4  Thank Bigsnakey
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is definetely the best restaurant in Santorini. Excellent food, good and prompt service and lovely dehors. Located on the main road at the end of Fira this is not a touristic restaurant like all the others that offer view on the Caldera but poor quality food, here you can have a great dinner with a beautiful view on the other part of the island. If you're lucky you can see the red moon rising from the sea. Try the icecream with caramelized rose petals!! Simply delicious!!

5  Thank CarloMilano