“Good food, friendly service, worth a visit while near Fira.”
Review of Saltsa - CLOSED

Saltsa
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My wife and I had dinner one night at Saltsa during our recent vacation. We loved the menu because of it's different take on classic Greek food. The quality of the food was excellent as was the service. The only detraction is that this place is not looking over the caldera, but I don't think that should stop anyone from visiting.

6  Thank fennster

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We enjoyed the food, we liked the decoration. They make their own bread.:many unique kinds of bread. We liked also the dip that is served with the bread. Although I do not like chicken, I ordered chicken and it was cooked excellent. Very tasty! My husband and our child were also very happy with their dishes. Great chef!

5  Thank NICKCR
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We were in Santorini for 5 nights and stayed at the Sun Rocks - we tried this and also Mataxi Max. For greek food, Saltsa is the place to go - try the cutlefish and the eggplant fries. Delicious!

4  Thank julia58207
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Great view of the city. Romantic setting. Average food. Average service. Fresh ingredients but the seasoning was off. I wouldn't suggest nor go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is one of my favorite restaurants, period, and probably my favorite restaurant in Greece -- I've been here at least a dozen times, and the food never gets old. My favorites are the rooster pasta and the meatballs, but I've literally never gone wrong here -- I've tried almost everything on the menu, and everything they make is fantastic. The service is great, very very friendly, the view is perfect, the seating is comfortable (bench seats are great), good music, everything's great. I really love coming back here.
I think they're also the first place on the island to serve Volkan Beer, one of the best beers I ever had, and that's reason enough for me to keep goingg back (at least until this beer is sold more widely!! I think it's just a "Santorini beer" for now) -- they serve it as a pilsner and a weiss -- my friends preferred the pilsnerm, I liked the pilsner, but I thought the weiss was amazing. It's a dark beer but it tastes lighter than the pilsner, just a bit fruity and incredibly smooth -- I've never been a big beer drinker, but this one goes down so easy, I think it's converted me. Wherever you are in Greece, try to track down this beer wherever you can, especially the weiss.

3  Thank kagiv