“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Review of SPHINX Restaurant - CLOSED

SPHINX Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been at Sphinx for a dinner before my wedding in Santorini. The service is perfect, as well as the venue and the amazing view on the Caldera, just close to the Orthodox cathedral. But what is really unique is the menu, a real experience of Greek traditional food, good wines, tasteful sweets and a selection of single malt whiskeys. For an unforgettable dinner in Fira.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has a gorgeous view of the caldera. Specially for a sunset dinner

Andreas, our waiter, was very pleasant and kind, he was extremely cordial and helpful, our dinner experience was perfect.

It's a quiet refined atmosphere with marvelous food.

The price is a little above the average restaurant but it is worth every cent..

If you want to avoid the noisy mass of screaming tourists and have a wonderful meal in a impeccable location this is your place.

1  Thank Aline B
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The place is in a really nice location and our waiter was very good. However, two things spoilt our visit. As the main course arrived we were asked if we minded if the screens were wound down as it was getting cold. Fine but we didn't realise this meant my partner vacating her seat to gain access to the screen whilst her main course got cold. When she did get back to it the fillet steak was not fillet steak as I know it and overdone from rare - as ordered. The place isn't cheap but you pay for the view and location. On a positive note my lamb chops were excellent.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

During our stay in Santorini our hotel owner suggested Sphinx, so we tried the restaurant for lunch and dinner on separate occasions.

Both meals were to a very high standard, I only eat seafood when I dine out and my partner prefers to eat meat and we both had a great selection.

Try the mussels and a Cosmopolitan cocktail at lunch, the view is to die for.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had our wedding party here and it was great. Awesome food, staff and view! I recommend this with all my heart.

4  Thank BellaEstrela