“Pleasant, With Good Food.”
Review of To Ouzeri

To Ouzeri
Ranked #18 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Neo Tavern Greek Style Food
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Located in the upper reaches of central Fira, the Ouzeri offered a broad range of traditional Greek food and various tidy dining areas outside and in. The food was good, including a particularly impressive complete grilled and stuffed calamari. The staff were efficient and fairly attentive. The pricing was in the upper-middle reaches for Santorini, but reasonable value and I would come back here to eat again.

1  Thank Occasional-Jetsetter

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I had the fried calamari, 2 different appetizers and ressoto with bastirma and I paid 30 euro. I think the price was reasonable and the staff were nice and there was a family atmosphere in the place

1  Thank Ahmad Z
Reviewed 18 September 2013

When I first visited Santorini in 2005, the owner of our hotel recommended The Ouzeri. My friends and I tried other places as well, but learned our lesson: by far the best value for money is The Ouzeri. On my latest visit (Aug/Sept 2013) I may have eaten around at lunchtime, but I was loyal to The Ouzeri for dinners. The food is fabulous! (My same hotel owner told me that the chef has been studying in Paris during the off-season, which may be why the menu offers innovations not found elsewhere.) My favorites: Meatballs in Ouzo Sauce (to die for), Mastello Cheese Grilled (layered grilled cheese, zucchini and eggplant), pork stew on a bed of pureed fava beans, Calamari Ouzeri...and there are other dishes I haven't tried that have received rave reviews from others. The location is a block away from the rim of the caldera...you get a peek-a-boo sunset view...but the main view is to the sea on the back side of the island. Delightful open-air ambience. Tables are outside or semi-enclosed, and can be more fully enclosed in the unlikely event of inclement weather. I save my comments on the staff for last...they are wonderful. The owner and all the staff are very welcoming. I was alone on this trip, and sometimes eating alone in a nice restaurant can be a little uncomfortable. Not at the Ouzeri! The owner came over to check on me, numerous waiters stopped in their sometimes very fast pace to spend a moment chatting, and I felt as if they all were my dining companions. I have travelled all over the world, and this is one of the few restaurants that I consider truly memorable and that I long to return to.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We visited Ouzeri to taste some seafood and some Santorini‘s specials and we were really satisfied. The waitress was very helpful and her recommendations were point blanks. We were served reasonably fast. Unfortunately when we finished our waitress took a break and rest of the crew didn’t put much attention to our table. We ordered MANOURI OUZERI, SANTORINI TOMATOKEFTEDES ( FAKE MEATBALLS ) and stuffed calamari. Manouri and calamari were very tasty, fresh and worth ordering. Tomatokeftedes weren’t that tasty for us but I guess that was the case of our taste not the dish itself. All were well cooked and fresh. The restaurant looks nice and clean and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxing. Ouzeri is definitely worth visiting.

1  Thank Igor L
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stopped into Ouzeri on my way back to my hotel (Aroma Suites), simply because I decided that I needed some Ouzo before I leave Santorini. I was met so kindly, and it was right during the peak period where folks usually just want a drink and not blow a lot of money. I believe it was the owner who stopped by my table several times and we had a very nice conversation. I ordered the grilled octopus, as I had been craving it since I arrived in Greece. It was the best I have ever had, hands down - simplly grilled, with a side of red onions and some greens, along with lemon. I order octopus whenever it is on the menu, and this is the best I have ever had. I fell completely and helplessly in love with Santorini, and intend to return in the next year. My first stop when I do will be Ouzeri. It was a very nice send-off for my last night on the island. Great food, and good conversation with the owner. I highly reccomend.

1  Thank Jaggernaut2000