“Feel the magic of Santorini at the most authentic Hotel Atlantis!”
Review of Atlantis Hotel

Atlantis Hotel
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This Hotel is located in a perfect location, amazing view, in the heart of the village, You can go anywhere from there !The staff are the best!, Antonia the manager treat me as a family member and I am very thankful for making me have a wonderful time, I stay almost 2 weeks I wish I could stay more !. You can see all the incredible view day and night only opening your doors on your balcony!....is really "Magic" The place is super clean and quiet....if you need to be in a exclusive and peaceful place ....this is the best!
The breakfast is very nice and you can either take it in the balcony of the hotel looking the Caldera view or if you prefer from your balcony in your room!....really fantastic !
I was very surprise to see that in reality this Hotel is better than the pictures, at the moment I open the doors for my balcony i was speechless !. I recommend this hotel to anyone that knows how to enjoy excellent service and an unique place.

Room Tip: Caldera view room are fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

Fantastic location with breathtaking views of the caldera. Right in the heart of the village with access to all attractions. The staff are warm and helpful, some of the best I' ve come across. The rooms are clean and comfortable. If I have one criticism it's that there could be more variety at breakfast e.g they could include Greek yoghurt and chopped fruit or cheese.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Zahra A
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel for four nights and the staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful.
Unfortunately the rooms are very dated. The beds are very uncomfortable and the sheets feel like plastic. The tiny bathroom starts heating up fast when the lights go on.
No safe in the room but they do have them on the ground floor.
Sadly, I would not stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank pumpkin888AUS
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I really don't understand all the great reviews about this hotel. The location is good, but there are many other hotels nearby, so it's not like this place has an exclusive location that you can't find elsewhere. Even if your room has a view of the caldera, you can see the caldera just by walking outside in Santorini, so I don't think it's worth paying more for a view.
The room was very simple, very much like my college dorm room (see my photos). I had read all the great tripadvisor reviews before booking the hotel, and I was expecting something more luxurious based on the price and the reviews. Also, the room was full of ants, especially in the bathroom. I had to ask the front desk 3 times before housekeeping came to clean up the ants.
Breakfast was also terrible - we were given toast, coffee, and hard boiled eggs. No other options were available.
The public areas of the hotel seemed a bit outdated to me. I think this would have been a great place in the 1950s, but not worth what we paid based on today's standards.
After 2 nights, we moved to the neighboring Aressana hotel. It was much more modern in terms of decor, had free internet service on two computers in the lobby, and a huge buffet breakfast. All for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ihsod
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel has a superb location in Fira, the views are fantastic from the balcony. The staff were genuinely friendly and very helpful. The hotel, swimming pool and rooms were very clean and bed sheets were changed everyday. The bedrooms also have airconditioning. Breakfast was available 24hrs per day and staff were flexible if you wanted a change at breakfast. The swimming pool was a little chilly (I think they need to keep the heating on in June as well), although this tends to be normal in Santorini.
We stayed here for a week and had a balcony room which I would recommend, we just found the place so relaxing. We loved it and I'm sure we will go back and stay again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for a balcony room, the view is fantastic and I'm told they are not as n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Santorini is the most romantic place in the world, i was there like if i was in the moon and my stay in this hotel is one of the reason of it, our room was with view to the bay and the volcano and Nea Kameni island and if that was little, i saw the most spectacular sunset to the Caldera from my balcony room!!!, was just indescriptible. Very rasonable price, very friendly staff, who speak English and even Spanish, they serve breakfast all day!!, simply perfect. Right in the center of Thira, 10 minutes walking from major restaurants and Old Port of Thira just 15 minutes walking. Unforgettable....

Room Tip: Rooms to the Caldera view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We did it! We did it! We went in Santorini (the best island of the world) again! We arrived in Athinios-port from Heraklion ,on Friday morning before Easter.We went in Hotel Atlantis,near the big church at Fira.Our staying there,was p e r f e c t! The first night ,the holy ceremony of the burial of Christ, many prists and a lot of people passed out of our hotel.We were inside ,because it was windy outside. The same weather was for the two next days,but,we didn't mind it.We went in Santorini to take a rest,to relaxation,to refreshing! The friendly atmosphere in our hotel,made us happy! The servise was blameless! The staff was very helpfull! The view was fantastic! On Easter Monday we had to be back.Oh,Nooo! The weather was so sunny and our farewell was difficult. Why we aren't rich? Why we have to work? Santorini and Hotel Atlantis,I promise that we will return,at the earliest opportunity!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple