“Practical”
Review of Atlantis Hotel

Atlantis Hotel
Ranked #40 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Any hotel in Fira overlooking the caldera has a stunning view. Most of them cannot be accessed by car since the roads are pedestrian only. This is where Atlantis has its USP - cars can drive right up to it so for people unable to walk up and down very steep, rocky pathways, Altantis is perfect. The rooms are quite small though and compared to other hotels in Fira that cannot be accessed by car, they are also not very well decorated. Atlantis is a landmark hotel since it ends up being meeting points for groups who need to a find a convenient point to congregate on. I would not want to return here unless I needed to access the hotel by car and wanted a caldera view room - that's why this hotel is unique. There are plenty of better hotels that can either by accessed by car OR offer the calder view, but not both.h

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Scuderia_gal

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have just come back from a four night stay in Santorini.
The Atlantis Hotel is located just on the South end of all the main strip of Caldera view bars and restaurants. The view is great and the staff are helpful and friendly.
I can understand why some people have given low ratings as the rooms are small, but all the rooms in Santorini are small due to the high price of property with THAT view. Most of the bad views are by Americans who I am sure are used to something more palatial.
I personally love the decor in the lobby, it's a retro mint colour which makes me feel like I'm in a Poirot movie!
It is a shame the pool is quite so cold and shady, but we didn't spend much time there anyway as we were site-seeing. Had we been staying for two weeks I would have liked a better pool.
I liked the breakfast, a hotel this small cannot put on American style buffets. Considering we spent all of the rest of our days there eating cheese and souvlaki, I was glad of a small breakfast! They offer you bacon and eggs but you really can have whatever you want, you just have to ask, it's included in the bed and breakfast price.
I also found their mini bar prices very reasonable. The running water was hot with good pressure and the bath had centre taps.
Overall I liked this hotel but yes the rooms are a bit small but you will find that in every Santorini hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LondonAndDerbyshire
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Of course the first thing to say about this hotel is the fabulous, breathtaking views from the balcony in the room, and also as you walk in the door of the hotel. We spent a lot of time siting on the balcony looking at the scenery and it was so different at each time of day - so quiet at early morning, very dramatic as the sun was setting and at night. We decided to stay at the Atlantis as we'd read on TA that it was one of the few places that you could get a taxi right up to the door of the hotel - very handy for lugging the bags. It was also very close to everything, an easy walk to all the lovely, interesting shops; great restaurants and cafes/bars; and the cable car to the old port. Also a short walk to the bus stop to go to Kamari, Oia (great spot to watch the sun set on the caldera and walk lovely little winding streets). The rooms are pleasant, comfortable. The room was a good layout for friends staying together as the wardrobe was situated along the room's entrance hall, next to the bathroom, with a another door to close off the bedroom. This served as a private dressing room when we came out of the shower. The staff deserve special mention - they were very friendly and very helpful, especially Pedro who served us the nice and plentiful breakfast in the morning. They were always on hand to arrange taxis, and give us clear directions to places we wanted to go. I'd stay there again if (when) I go to Santorini again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

great hotel overlooking the caldera. it is situated at the top of the rim next to orthodox cathedral.there are many shops and restaurants nearby. the rooms are spacious and clean.the staff are very helpful and friendly especially petro and maria.wll definetly stay there again when we return to santorini. the bus stop is only 2min walk and from there you can explore other cities in santorini.the view from the hotel is spectacular just like the postcards,

Room Tip: rooms with balcony over looking the caldera
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The Atlantis Hotel was a great place to stay in Santorini. I don't think the location could have been any better. It is at the top of the rim, right next to the Orthodox Cathedral at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway shopping area! It is a two minute walk to the cable car down to the port. Great shopping within a one minute walk in all directions. The breakfast was very good with a view you couldn't beat, inside or outside. It is pretty much in the center of the northwest coast of the Island so it is easy to get everywhere within 20-30 minutes. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating...typical Greek hospitality. The price is a steal for what you get in return. I definitely recommend the Atlantis Hotel during your stay on Santorini. Great experience!

Room Tip: Room 25...two balconies...one of them is huge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2012

This is a nice, small and clean hotel with very polite and helpful staff. We really enjoyed our staying there since our room overlooked the volcano and the caldera. The view is breathtaking!!.
Moreover, what seems to be the asset of the hotel is its location which offers easy access to vehicles and spectacular views! (You don't have to walk down or up tiring steps, carrying your own luggage!) Everything is within walking distance, bars , restaurants, cafeterias, bus station and taxi station, which is really convenient. we had great time there and we'll definately come back someday...since then I will treasure the memories in my heart!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kelly j
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This Hotel is located in a perfect location, amazing view, in the heart of the village, You can go anywhere from there !The staff are the best!, Antonia the manager treat me as a family member and I am very thankful for making me have a wonderful time, I stay almost 2 weeks I wish I could stay more !. You can see all the incredible view day and night only opening your doors on your balcony!....is really "Magic" The place is super clean and quiet....if you need to be in a exclusive and peaceful place ....this is the best!
The breakfast is very nice and you can either take it in the balcony of the hotel looking the Caldera view or if you prefer from your balcony in your room!....really fantastic !
I was very surprise to see that in reality this Hotel is better than the pictures, at the moment I open the doors for my balcony i was speechless !. I recommend this hotel to anyone that knows how to enjoy excellent service and an unique place.

Room Tip: Caldera view room are fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo