“Hidden little restaurant in a superb location”
Review of Ellis Restaurant

Ellis Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 188 Restaurants in Fira
Price range: US$60 - US$119
Cuisines: Diner, Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ellis Restaurant is an open-air terraces overlooking the big caldera of Santorini island,serving creative Mediterranean cuisine prepared with local products.One of the Best Mediterranean & Local Greek Cuisine in Fira Santorini.Enjoy the best creative cuisine in Santorini made by the best Chefs.The perfect choice for couples, groups, families or for those who desire a special dinner on the cliffs at the Caldera of Santorini.The old sea captain's house has been converted and renovated to a beautiful Restaurant with a big inside hall and 2 levels open-air terraces.Fresh Seafood by Santorinian and Greek recipes from typical local dishes, and wines of Santorini.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place is located in Fira town, on a beautiful hill overlooking the Calera sea.
It has some of the best Santorini fritters I've eaten and delicious seafood platters to feed a family of four! Don't expect the seafood to be cooked in fancy sauces or overloaded with herbs and spices. It's cooked in a very simple, but delicious way.
Great value, lots of food, great Santorini wine and friendly staff to help you select your menu, while you watch the sunset.

There are newer reviews for Ellis Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband & I recently stopped by at sunset for a drink & to enjoy the view from the terrace at Ellis Restaurant. As the staff were very friendly & welcoming & the menu looked delicious & reasonably priced, we decided to return later that evening for a meal. The weather was windy & cold so we ate inside this beautiful, old converted stable. The decor was elegant & the food superb! We congratulate the chef & our waiter for making our last night on Santorini memorable.

2  Thank FrankyFeedback
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been staying at the neighboring Tzekos Villas for the past three days.

Our first day, we stopped by for a quick bite. I had the Santorini salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, anchovy and a wonderful yogurt dressing) and my wife had a bowl of Gelato. Along with the 1/4 liter of local wine, the tab was just under €25. We returned for dinner that evening; I had the lamb shank and my wife had pasta. The total bill was less than €45, including tip and a large beer.

The staff was great, though maybe a tad slow with the check. The patio gets a little cold when windy, but the view more than makes up for it. Definitely give it a shot, especially if you get tired of climbing the same stairs over and over again!

4  Thank chefriley
Reviewed 15 May 2014

One of the best afternoons I've lived in Greece with a fantastic sunset by a breathtaking view from the restaurant.Thanks to all the staff of Ellis for the best times in this place.Everything was perfect.

6  Thank Kalamatas K
Reviewed 14 May 2014

"Fira" is the capital of the island.It is built on Cycladic architecture.The volcano’s view from the Ellis restaurant and it is magnificent. A walking in the narrow streets and a cup of coffee in an open-air cafe, are some things you will remember forever the food Elli's chef made for us.

10  Thank SAVAS S