“Yum!”
Review of Mama's House

Mama's House
Ranked #30 of 181 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Yum!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I ate at Mama's House twice during my stay in Fira and loved both meals! The tomato balls were the best I had on the island - so fresh, and a great size! I also loved how the wait staff was so friendly. Travelling alone, I enjoyed Kostas' chit chat throughout my meal and his knowledge of Canada (I hope you've warmed up, Kostas!), and the free wifi was appreciated. Service was quick, and the atmosphere was lovely. Just make sure you watch closely if you're looking for the restaurant, as it's easily missed - it's on the east side of the main street of Fira, but below street level.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Average food and staff- what's with the hype?”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I genuinely don't understand what's with the hype on this mediocre restaurant. Staff here were the least welcoming on santorini out of the 5 days we were there- he literally just asked us whether we were gonna sit down before showing us the menu. When I attempted to speak to one of the waiters after he brought us something, he literally turned and walked away, blatantly ignoring my requests. My fried Calamari appetizer was okay I guess, though a bit on the oily side. Overall, considering the wide-ranging choices offered on Fira, I wouldn't recommend this place - not for the food and not for the staff.

2 Thank MrChrisC
Royal Oak, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to this place more than once on our stay in santorini. You get a ton a of food for a great price. The service is excellent

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Friendly and yummy”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went to Mama's House around 9pm, it was fully occupied. So the lady at the cashier was kind enough to arrange us a table for 7 with kids outdoor. The lady even arranged chairs for one of our boy who has fallen asleep. The food was great and food was being served fast. The price was reasonable and service was good. Friendly staff. Love to visit Mama again.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went for breakfast it was amazing, breakfast is yummy and pancake are delicious. Very good location in the centre so u may have a bkfast or dinner and pop up to the rest of ur plan

• Visited August 2013