“Just Perfect !!!”

Astro Palace Hotel and Suites
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It's a great hotel!! Very nice location and the view is excellent! The staff is very friendly and helpful!The Spa was excellent and relaxing!!! I recommend this hotel!!! If you want a relaxing trip being in the center , but in a quiet location 5 minutes walking from all cafés and restaurants then this is the place !! Exceptional service and FANTASTIC Breakfast with new special dishes every day

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rigas m

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

First off, we checked in at night, were disappointed in the location not realizing when our agent booked it wasn't in town(our fault), but THEN the girl that works the evenings(brown hair and glasses and a permanent scowl), didn't catch her name, probably because she never offered it.. Or even welcomed us at all-was rude, disinterested and just totally awful. We were put in a room completely different than what we booked because the hotel was "full"- basically a hot room in the basement with a "jacuzzi" (small well of cold water in the corner of the room you had to call the desk to turn on for you 30 mins prior to wanting to use it...ridiculous)
I was so disappointed.. We were here for the romantic island part of our honeymoon after being in Paris for a week.. I wanted to cry.
The breakfast buffet in the morning (7:30-10:30)was not great. To be fair we got there later, but after the second day of consistently bad breakfast we just decided to go into town instead. We did order lunch a few times, and the food was pretty good.
Positives: the boy that works the pool restaurant/bar was so nice and helpful with suggestions and really got along with my husband- really good kid. The morning girls at the front desk were also nice, helped us switch our room, rent an atv and gave us awesome dinner recommendations. Our new room was a million times better than our one in "steerage" (as my husband called it) looking out at the sea, big porch with hottub and lofted bed over big seating area. Small TV and pretty hot room, but definitely not terrible!! The pool area is nice(the weather was a tad cold to swim while we were there, but enjoyed lounging).
after a few days we were fine with the hotel being a 10 min walk from Fira.. It was nice getting a little out of the busy area. We were just initially upset because it was not the Santorini views you were expecting.

All in all: it was just ok. Wouldn't come back or recommend it, but it wasn't all bad.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank aakruse
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I came here from Mykonos on my honeymoon, had the most amazing time there and the best hotel ever so was expecting nothing less from the much talked about Santorini, I was always on the website checking and double checking that the hotel looked nice as it was my honeymoon I wanted something really special ( the photos shown on the website are only of the pool because that is the only decent part of the hotel, the rooms look nothing like the photos!!! ) The day we arrived I nearly cried when I saw the location of this place.. It is literally in the middle of nowhere looks like your in bush land not a palace so they really need to change their name From that. It is a 10 minute walk from town which is fine however u don't feel like your in Greece while your staying there the decor is absolutely atrocious it is not Greek or holiday inspired at all, our room had a horrible smell from the minute we walked in the door, we left to go To town in the morning then got back around 4 in the afternoon and the cleaner still hadn't been to clean the room so we had no fresh towels to Shower with.
The service at reception wasn't very good they were very disinterested and sarcastic when a question was asked which I did not like I had originally booked here for 8 nights to finish off my honeymoon on the first night there I called the Mykonos hotel where I previously stayed and changed the last 5 days to Go back there I lost money but I don't care I couldn't stay there any longer it was the most horrible hotel and in saying that I came from a Contiki tour prior to Mykonos and the hotel standards there were much better than this and they call themselves a palace??? That was the worst 3 days of my honeymoon staying there I hated every minute of it , if you want my advise don't bother going to Santorini if your staying here because it is a horrible experience and you don't even feel like your in Santorini waste of time and money!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Staltare10
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of some prerequisites. We were on our way from the international airport at Santorini by ferry to Paros. We needed a decent place to stay overnight, not far from neither the airport nor the port. Also we wanted that a taxi could reach the hotel front door, which is not necessarily self-evident in Santorini because of the rather particular geography. All other good things came as a bonus. Astro Palace fulfilled our requirements.
The hotel architecture was plain and modest, the interior very clean and well kept. The welcome and the reception was exceptionally good. A special bonus was a glass of local white wine of good quality was offered in the lobby, while we were waiting for our luggage to reach the room. The service was impeccable and clearly exceeded what normally could be expected of this level of hotel.
The room was spacious but sparingly decorated. As the outdoor temperature was just 17⁰C when we arrived, the room temperature was a little cold for my wife's taste. An extra blanket was provided in minutes.
Morning breakfast was exceptionally plentiful and diverse. The fruit department was rather meagre, though, probably due to that was still out of season.
Only the checking out experience was the only low point during our visit. When we left, about half a dozen of people wanted to check out at about the same time. A few of us had a schedule to keep. The receptionist tried to handle anybody's requests who just dared to jump the queue, all at the same time. Also, the telephone ringed continually and couldn't be ignored. Naturally she failed miserably to keep the situation under control and we nearly run out of time. It was a nerve-racking experience for many of us. All other services in the hotel had an adequate number of employees allocated. Clearly the reception would need at least temporary help to sort out peak periods.
Reserve time for checking out!

Room Tip: At least room 323 was quiet and had a good view over the premises,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LorfHki
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel is absolutely beautiful, clean, and well situated from main town centre. Staff was all incredibly nice and helpful. Pool was gorgeous and very clean. Excellent breakfast buffet , offered for several hours in the morning which works for any schedule! GREAT value for money as the price was very reasonable for this kind of hotel in suh a high demand area. The only thing it lacks is a caldera view, but ou can see the view from many places and never really stay in your room anyway! 5 star all the way.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Friendlytravel11
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A wonderful hotel with a location close enough to sample all the restaurants in Thira in just a few minutes walk. Hotel was extremely well appointed with spa and gym. Breakfasts were awesome. The staff were amazing - always smiling and helpful.

Rooms well appointed with quiet air-con and good bathrooms. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean. We looked at the "other" hotels we had considered and many of the cliff facing rooms were dark and stuffy with hotel pools that were really were just splash pools.

Location ideal for exploring the island by car as not in the town centre which gets very congested.

The only choice for us when we go back to Santorini.

Murray and Linda

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and look out over the pool, area. The suites have private pools/Jacuzzi'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Astro Palace is a beautiful, spacious and new hotel but it's not located on the spectacular cliffs of Fira as I'd expected. Clearly I didn't do enough homework when it was booked, but after I got over the disappointment of the location I enjoyed it. The pool is stunning and very quiet. The daily breakfast buffet was nice. And the staff very friendly and helpful. Upon arriving I got a tour of the property and they were eager to help me find places to eat with sunset views. As long as you manage expectations, it is a nice place. And it looks a lot bigger and newer than some of the hotels overlooking the cliffs. So just balance what you're looking for...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Lilium Villas Santorini
Anteliz Suites
#3 of 80 in Fira
Evgenia Villas & Suites
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites

Been to Astro Palace Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!