“A perfect balance of seclusion and inclusion”

Scirocco Apartments
Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights as our first stop on a tour of Europe. We were had done a ton of research and were looking for good value more than anything. Our opinion: This place far exceeded our expectations. Even if we had paid more, it would still have been worth it.

Room tip: we were fortunate to have #16 which is very removed from everything, at the very bottom, and has a terrace. It's a front row seat to the caldera!

Pros
- Unobstructed caldera view with NOTHING between you and the cliff.
- Very clean! The staff are always working hard to keep the place clean.
- Friendly staff who gave us plenty of advice about the island and were always happy to stop their incessant cleaning to answer a couple questions.
- Ben happily carried our bags from our room to the top of the caldera, not just to the top of the hotel. (he actually did this both to and from the hotel, but the "from" part was the most impressive)
- Pickup from the airport is included, which is more handy than you'd think.

Cons
- Beds are hard (not unique to this hotel, it seems to be a Greek thing)
- 100+ steps from the bottom to the top. However, your cardiovascular system will see this as a "pro".
- Breakfast isn't a good deal. There are much better deals to be had within 10 minutes walk (Mama's House is a great example).

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank 154913Dave

Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Scirocco apartments are fantastic.Me and my wife were celebrating our 25th anniversary and decided to stay here after reading reviews and we certianly were not dissapointed. Anja picked us up at airport-just give her a call when your flight arrives and by the time you come out after getting your luggage she will be there, then on arrival at the apartments your luggage is taken by Eddie(as due to location vehicles can only reach so far) and he takes them to the the reception then carries them to your room. We stayed in room 16 which has 93 steps to reach but as long as you don't have any walking disability is Ok,.Just take your time and stop if need be and just enjoy the fantastic views.All rooms have a Caldera views which is amazing.The rooms are cleaned daily by her staff (special mention to Atori) and if you require clean towels they are available every day if you need them changed,sheets changed regulary. Breakfast was served every morning from 9 am to 11 am on the breakfast balcony although you could go up a little bit early and get it and if you wished take it back to your own balcony.Breakfast consisted of Yoghurt, boiled egg, bread, marmalade ,jam, cheese spread and Tea or Coffee (pot).The best part was the amazing views of the Caldera. Never took so many photo's before.It is a short distance to the centre of Fira again with a few cobbled steps(83) to reach there but everything is worth it. Santorini is such a beautiful island i was so surprised how clean the place was.You meet so many nationality's at the apartments.Visited Firofestani,Imerovigil, Perrissa, Kamri and not forgetting Oia. The views from Oia are spectacular as are the views from Firofestani and Imerovigil( the highest village on the island).We stayed at the Scirocco Apartments for a week and was sad to leave as we miss waking up to the views.As on arrival our luggage was taken back to car by Eddie then driven to Airport by one of Anja's daughters. Anja should be proud of her staff for the professionalism they deliver. If you had any problems they would go out of there way to sort it out.Would i return, DEFINITLEY. Thanks for a great time

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay M
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The view from our room looked like a photo in a magazine. Magnificent. Clean. Known for having the best sunset in the world, this location will not disappoint. Affordable, helpful staff. We had a morning of brief rain, and coffee was brought to our room. Nice touch. Be prepared for stairs, those with walking difficulties should not stay here as you must climb up to all restaurants and shops. However for us, it was perfect. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank KerBro
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The Scirocco appartements are great!
Firstly we were picked up at the airport by the owner Anja. Afterwards, she gave us even a brief overview of dos and dont's.
The apartments are really well maintained and clean and very good quality for a great price.
Staff really helpful and kind.
I would not eat breakfast as the items are not fresh but except from that it's a great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GraceDyese
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Usually when I travel I opt for the 'backpacker' style accomodation but my friends insisted on doing Sanorini in style, hence they booked here, as it was reasonably priced with decent reviews and a short distance to the main street of Thira.
There are only narrow cobblestone streets surrounding Scirocco, meaning you may have to carry your bags a fair distance down to the hotel. But what you are greeted with is the stereotyped, glorious view that sums up Greece and why Santorini has such a reputation. Situated right on a cliff face, it is a truly amazing view. Having said that, I'm sure there's countless hotels around the Caldera that can claim the same.
The Scirocco is more serviced apartments than a hotel, as there is no included breakfast, and our room had a full kitchen. My friends and stayed in the 'cave house' as it is called on their website http://www.scirocco-santorini.com/index.php?id=523&L=1 . It was clean, pleasant and importantly, typically greek. We had a balcony overlooking the ocean, which even I admit was far better than any backpacker's.
The only two downsides was walking up the hill to town on 35 degree celsius days, and the lack of breakfast. I can however recommend Big Mama's a short walk away (see http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g482942-d1547092-Reviews-Mama_s_House-Fira_Santorini_Cyclades.html )
I highly recommend this place. Greece is still my favourite country I've travelled to. Easily.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PhilHootz
Reviewed 18 August 2012

When I think of Scirocco and our time in Santorini I just smile!! I loved it - so so so much! As soon as my boyfriend and I arrived to the hotel and realised where we were staying we jumped up and down with excitement because we couldn't believe how amazing it was!!
Our stay was early July for 3 nights (did not want to leave)
We were picked up from the airport and once the car was park a young man helped carry our luggage to the room.
Scirocco has the most beautiful views and very friendly staff. It's nice and quiet, I didn't even notice the other guests. The pool was smallish but it didn't worry us.
The only thing I could fault was the shower, it only had a curtain to go round and I found water would get out onto the floor. The bathroom was very small too but this did not hinder our experience.
Everything was walking distance, good restaurnats too. We hired a quad one day for EUR20 to visit a few different beaches. Otherwise we were happy to do nothing but take it all in.
There are lots of steps - my partner has a bad knee, he said he would not have been able to last more than 4 or days.He did fine though.
I would love to go back to Scirocco one day if I am lucky enough!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misssb10
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Loved santorini and scirocco was a great place to stay.
Well positioned on the cliff for us, but if you are unfit, it may prove a little bit of a challenge.
Our room was so comfortable and the kitchenette was great and very useful.
The value for money was amazing and having a pool after adventuring around is an absolute must!
My only suggestion would be to improve some of the wifi reception.
Hopefully we will return to watch those very beautiful sunsets from a chair on the balcony!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple