“Simple no frills service and meal”
Review of Elia

Elia
Ranked #78 of 188 Restaurants in Fira
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is located 50m from Fira's Central Square, 200 meters away from the bus station and the taxi station.
“Simple no frills service and meal”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner as away from the caldera with no views and thought would be reasonably priced. Ordered a chicken souvlaki, red wine about 15€. Service was good as I was the only one in the restaurant (last week of October) and some restaurants and hotels are shut so there is less tourist activity which I prefer.

Food was made fresh and chicken was succulent and tasty and same with grilled vegetables. If you after something simple and fresh with no frills I would recommend this place.

Had no issues with service or wifi.

2 Thank Paradisodream

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

The best food I have found in Greece so far. I had chicken in a mustard sauce. It was the tenderest chicken I have ever eaten, period. My wife had dish made of white eggplant with cheeses that was superb. Find this spot, it is worth it!

Visited October 2013
Nottingham
“Reasonable atmosphere and good location”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The service and atmosphere in Elia were OK but nothing special – there are so many great places to eat in Fira so you do expect more than this.

Unfortunately we tried the sea food platter (for two) and could only eat some of it – under the circumstances £50 seemed a bit steep. The wine was OK.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank GuysNottingham
Toronto, Canada
“Advertises wifi but complains when asked for password”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Similar to a few of the other reviews of this restaurant, it was just alright. The waiter was not very friendly from the start, and only got more unfriendly after I asked him for the wifi password. "Of course there is wifi! No wifi, no restaurant!" he said to me...
As for the food, the Greek salad was great, the moussaka alright, and the house red wine was the worst we have had in Greece.
We chose this spot because it didn't advertise a "caldera view" (it didn't have one) and we figured they would focus more on the food and service. We were wrong. I would not recommend this restaurant as there are likely far better places with far better food and service.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mike M
Canada
“Rude Server & Average Food”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The staff at our hotel were very nice (so we trusted them) and they recommended this restaurant for authentic greek food for good value. Initially my friend and I thought it was very cute and secluded from the bustle of the street below. But after we were served mediocre food by a rude server, I could see why the place was empty. I am lucky to live in a very multicultural city with a huge variety of good restaurants, including Greek ones, but we were excited to taste "real" Greek food. As I am accustomed to my souvlaki (at home) coming with sides of greek salad, potatoes, or veggies, I wanted to ask how things were done here. The waiter told us that the souvlaki didn't come with anything. When my friend chimed in to ask what about tzatziki, he actually laughed in a rude way and said this was not how things were done in Greece. We had a few more questions about other dishes (hello! we're tourists and have questions! and we were the only ones there!) and he kept laughing at us even after we told him it was not funny. In the end, our food did come with some sides (why couldn't he have just explained it to us???). The food was good but nothing special, and a bit overpriced for the portions considering it's not one of the restaurants perched along the caldera. I will say that the tzatziki is amazing everywhere I've tried in Greece and it was good here as well. After we got our food our waiter came by once I think, and after our meal we waited a long time and eventually went looking for him. He was trying to be nice again, but the damage had been done. Also, although the patio is large, there is no view and can be windy.

• Visited September 2013