“Amazingly Quiet, Sophisticated, Service Oriented!”

Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Fira
Maputo, Mozambique
“Amazingly Quiet, Sophisticated, Service Oriented!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

A resort in itself with service and satisfaction at its heart! The views are breath-taking. The beds are very comfortable. Even the more economical rooms have balconies(semi-private) and jetted tubs. If you want romance, have breakfast in bed every day, massage and spa, pool as well. The lounge offers intimate seating and those stellar views. Clean, clean, clean! Amazing experience, six nights, would recommend to friends and family!

Room Tip: Worth extra money for amenities to make this something special!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
763PANOS, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Petit Palace Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We value our guest's comments dearly, especially when they pertain to our customer service which our staff aims wholeheartedly at maintaining to top levels.

Everyday we make it our personal concern to providing you the best and we commit ourselves in giving you a holiday to remember forever.

Thank you once again.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Petit Palace Suites!

Sincerely yours,

Panos Kyritsis

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have waited a long time to write this review because the staff was lovely and I feel badly about giving them a negative review. However, anyone used to American style showers should not stay at this hotel. The first room we were given did have a rain head shower and tub, but the furnishings were so spartan that we asked to change rooms. Our second room did not have a standing shower. Instead, it had a hand held shower that could've been used as a standing shower if the bathroom had been fitted with a hook high on the wall. Unfortunately, there was no such hook. Moreover, the furnishings in both rooms were not up to standards of a hotel charging 330 Euros a night. I think the hotel decorator was aiming for modern, but ended up with Ikea-prison style. We did not learn until we arrived in Santorini that there similar quality hotels charged much less.

That being said, the staff means well. Other than one somewhat rude frontdesk woman, everyone was eager to please. However, they simply could not change their showers or redecorate the rooms. It became clear to us and to the staff that they would not be able to satisfy us, and they basically quit trying to help us. They offered to move us to a suite on our last night, but it was not worth the hassle of repacking.

The views from the hotel grounds (not the rooms) are stunning. The outdoor areas of the hotel are far superior to the guest rooms. Don't be fooled by pictures of the grounds. The included breakfast was delicious, and the option to have breakfast delivered to our patio was a real treat.

The hotel has a shuttle to Fira, which we found to be convenient. It lets out near the public bus depot, and we were able to easily travel to other parts of the island.

We were 2 single girls traveling together. We didn't stay in Oia because I was worried that it was more appropriate for couple looking for romance. I was wrong, and would definitely recommend staying in Oia.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LGG3
763PANOS, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Petit Palace Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel that you visited last summer.

We really appreciate your feedback which although not necessarily pleasant for us, is absolutely valuable.

Every guest is unique for us and every opinion counts for us in order to improve our services. As a result of your opinions, we are voted in the top 25 romantic hotels in Europe.

We totally accept that some of our guests do not like the decoration in our rooms and do not respond to their own preferences. We are very sorry of not being able to meet your expectations.
Regarding the shower in the second room, we would like to inform you that every room is fitted now with a standing shower.

In this point, we would like to thank you for your nice words for our personnel. That gives us the opportunity to become even better.

We hope to give us the opportunity in a future visit again our hotel to revert this negative impression.

Kindest Regards

Managing Director

Panos Kyritsis
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Petit Palace is a beautiful, cozy, romantic and splendidly luxurious boutique hotel with views you cant get enough of. We stayed here in May 2013. Right from the check-in to the room service and all the other minor details of the hotel speak of world-class hospitality and flawless attention to detail.
The rooms are cozy and the bathrooms are cutely cuddled inside a cave with a huge Jacuzzi tub. The breakfast was appetizing with a scrumptious selection of bread and fresh feta :) The added bonuses of the property are its lounge area, the live entertainment, the area around the pool and the way its beautifully lit each evening - very serene.

We were handled by Mike and what a wonderful host he was. He arranged an early check in for us and even helped us hire a car at the most reasonable price. The airline misplaced our luggage, Mike did the necessary correspondence with the concerned authorities and ensured our luggage reached us safely the next day. The man knows the town - from where and what to eat to what to do and when.

We had a splendid stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Akanksha13
Toronto
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This Hotel was Superb!
My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights during our honeymoon. We had to wait about 1.5 hours to check into our hotel because we got there early. Their outdoor lounge was gorgeous! They brought champagne while we waited, and we had a great view of the caldera.
Our room was big with a comfy queen size bed and nice romantic washroom with a huge tub.
The in-room breakfast every morning was a feast! Fresh bread and juices, eggs, bacon, french toast all while looking out on the caldera from our private terrace.
The staff was friendly and had great restaurant recommendations.
The pool was very refreshing on those hot days. A place with a pool is a must if you're going in summertime!
A bit out of town, but it was nice and quiet. And only a short shuttle ride into town, which was free.
If you're up for it, the walk into town is about 45 minutes. But don't do it on a hot day!
Renting a scooter or 4 wheeler is the best way to get around, and the front desk will help you book one, no problems!

I would definitely return to this palace!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great hotel to stay. View from the room was awesome. Hotel staff very friendly and accomodating. My wife needed to use a computer to confirm our flights and the manager lent us his laptop. Welcome drinks when we were checked in. The live entertainment was great, the lady sang very well. Free shuttle to town in Fira. Overall awesome stay. Will recommend to others!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brunohits
Butterworth, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at Petit Palace Suites during our honeymoon trip to Europe by October 2013.

Location: A few minutes drive from Fira town, which is a perfect location if you want to enjoy a peaceful stay. The hotel is built on one of the most beautiful points of the caldera, where you can have the beautiful sunset too. Personally, I like the sunset here more than the sunset view at Oia.

Room: During reservation, the package that we booked stated our room is Executive Suite, which we have totally no idea what room type that we’re going to have. Until the staff lead us to our room, only we found out that our room is Petite Maison with Private Pool, one of the biggest room in the hotel. The room is clean, modern and beautiful as per picture shown in their website. The bed is comfortable and everything is just perfect! And the most valuable thing for this room is the breathtaking view. How stunning the view is? Just refer back to their website picture, it’s exactly the same.

Value: Should I complain with a stay in such a great room with up to 75% discount of original price? Absolutely NO!!! With the special offer plan from Petit Palace website, we managed to get this room for 3 nights with a lower price that you can’t imagine. Of course, this can be happen as October already consider as low season.

Service: Awesome! The staffs are too nice to make you feel uncomfortable and customer service flawless. They always service with a smile. There is a shuttle bus service from hotel to Fira town, and yes, the shuttle bus is very punctual. In case you have an early flight to catch, inform the staff and they will make the necessary arrangement for you, including early breakfast (for my case, 5:00a.m. for breakfast) and taxi.

If you’re looking for a peaceful, quiet with privacy and beautiful view hotel, Petit Palace will be one of the best choices for you. Definitely I will recommend to all my friends who travel to Santorini to stay in Petit Palace. And of course, we will stay at this hotel if we visit Santorini again!

Room Tip: Petite Maison with private pool, the room that you will not be disappointed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SKCheah
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I really wanted to love this hotel, but didn't.... I've visited santorini several times before, my first time at this hotel, so I am very familiar with the breathtaking views, and this hotel didn't disappoint in that respect. I stayed in the 2 story maisonette with private pool. Unbelievable!!!!!!! The rooms were beautifully furnished and the bathroom was huge. The patio is off the bedroom, there is a balcony off the living room upstairs, where breakfast was served. The hotel is located outside of Fira and not really within walking distance of anything. It's a 5 minute cab ride to Fira and 20 minute ride to Oia ..My biggest issue was the service, it was very inconsistent, at times great and at times very poor. One day there was an issue with my shower and someone was at my front door as soon as I got off the phone.. However, prior to my arrival, I e-mailed TWICE to see if someone could pick me up at the airport--NO RESPONSE... I had just come from Italy, where my hotel in Positano arranged for a driver to pick me up from Rome -a 3 hr drive and Petit couldn't even arrange for a 10minute ride or give me the courtesy of a response.. In addition, the day I arrived, one of the lights was out in the bathroom, I reported it TWICE and 3 days later when I left, it was still out.. For me, it's all about the service and in that department, I think this hotel is lacking.

Room Tip: Get a room with a private pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo