“Excellent dining experience”

Ranked #5 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Price range: US$14 - US$23
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lunch 13:30-15:30 (kitchen is closing at 15:30 ) Dinner 19:00-23:00 (kitchen is closing at 22:30 )
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were lucky in locating this restaurant as it was behind our accommodation (aria lito mansion, also lovely). We hadn't booked a table but we arrived early enough to snap the last one. The maitre'd, also the owner, made us feel very welcome. In her own way introducing us to the other diners who were already seated. The food was exceptional and on top of what we ordered we were given complimentary home made bread, dolmades and ice cream. Then when the bill arrived we were pleasantly surprised, easily the best food we have eaten so far and the cheapest. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

It's not easy too find it (in fact, we found it when we were trying to find a way out of Fira's mess) but, once we get there, we knew we were in good hands.
The owner is very friendly and has a gift to treat everyone as their long lost friends. Be prepared to be met with greets and cheers.
It serves housemaid tasty typical greek slow-food and it is very good.
Reservations required.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

So, You'd like a romantic evening on Santorini taking in the stunning views and the gorgeous sunset...? We did that! (See my review of the fabulous V Lounge) - and then we went for dinner at Salt & Pepper. Having emailed to make a reservation (it was also our wedding anniversary) I received a prompt response and was delighted that Irina could fit us in. From the moment we arrived at the restaurant we were treated like special friends and were made to feel at home in this traditional Greek eatery. The food was stunning! The Santorini Salad was a treat... My wife had the fish (catch of the day) which was perfect, I had the mixed grill which was top draw! Irina provided us with some lovely treats as well and was the perfect host. I'm so glad we dined there and felt relieved that we'd booked in advance - as many were turned away while we were there! No it doesn't have the view, but if you're eating after sunset it recall doesn't matter! Go to V Lounge for your sunset, pre dinner drinks.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I recently celebrated our honeymoon in Santorini and came here on our first night as we were staying in Fira. I hoped it would live up to all the good reviews, but it far exceeded them! It doesn't have the sea-view but it does have very tasty authentic food at a good price and a friendly atmosphere unlike some of the pretentious restaurants in Santorini! The menu is extensive but not so much that the quality and taste suffers. The starters and some of the mains are designed to be shared between 2 and are presented beautifully. We had the fantastic Greek salad and shared the mixed grill and mixed seafood plate. The restaurant is run by a lovely friendly couple, with husband cooking and wife front of house. They both speak very good English and really wanted to make sure that we had a lovely meal. I recommend that you book as we didn't and were really lucky to get a table for 2 at 8pm! We loved this place so much that we came here for our last meal before returning home and they gave us complimentary drinks and free ice-cream dessert! They knew how to win us over!!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place had great reviews so we really wanted to try it. Luckily we arrived at 7:30, as the restaurant was fully booked from 9pm, so we were told that we could only have the table until then, which was fine.
I’m really not sure what the fuss is with this place though. We ordered a couple of starters which were tasty, baked feta and some meatballs. But the main courses were really bad, my husbands mussels were overcooked, and my shrimp pasta was awful as the pasta was undercooked, and worst of all the shrimps hadn’t been cleaned. For me, rule no 1 of serving shrimp is to take the entrails out, a paying diner should not have do this. Ok, maybe I should have sent it back rather than complaining here, but given that there were only 2 other diners there I was probably too embarrassed to be seen to complain.
A few minutes after we finished our mains, both us and the other diners were given our bills and a little complimentary ice cream! A very clear request to pay up and get out, no offer to see the full dessert menu and no offer of coffee or a drink!! And it was only 8:15, so 45 mins before the next diners were due to arrive!
Mediocre food, unclean fish, and the worst service! I definitely do not recommend this place!

6  Thank Flossykins