Review Highlights
A Wonderful Day!!

As a combined birthday/Christmas present for my partner, I booked a PhotographyTour. It was a... read more

Reviewed 21 December 2018
Joan B
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Photo Tour

Not just a photo lesson, but a fantastic way to see the real Santorini. Olaf was tips and... read more

Reviewed 23 November 2018
Oldguyontour

Recommended experiences in and around Fira
from US$11.51
from US$57.57
from US$138.16
from US$241.79
More Info
All reviews technical aspects photography tour great shots gifted teacher taking photos camera settings photo experience keen photographer amazing photos great company different perspective cable car his knowledge day tour olaf skills cannon
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Olaf captivated our family of 5 from the moment we met until the end of a full day tour of Santorini! He not only taught each of us better use of our cameras (Nikon, Canon and iPhones), he also helped us understand what drives each of us and how to appreciate our different perspectives. If you want to grow in your understanding of yourself, why you want to capture a moment with a photo and advance your skills in framing the pictures to tell your story - then you won't want to miss this wonderful tour. The entire family with 3 teenagers are better off for having spent a day with Olaf! Thank you again. Attached are some of my son's favorite pics from that day.

I highly recommend this photo tour!

1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We loved every minute of it! Can't say enough positive things about Olaf's knowledge, passion, friendliness, teaching style, great sense of humor and perspective on life! We highly recommend him !!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My wife and took a 5 hour tour with Olaf and it was one of the highlights of our vacation. We both love photography and the day was truly informative. Olaf got us thinking about making art and capturing moments. He got us thinking about our cameras and how to use them to do what we want them to do and how to get the feedback we needed right away to get the photos we wanted. He is an engaging guy and comes with a vast amount of knowledge of the island and photography.

Olaf is a an engaging personality and it was a pleasure to spend the day with him.

There is no need to think twice about taking this tour.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We spent 8 days in Santorini to enjoy and savor the picturesque Island. As someone who likes to journal our travels by photography we signed up with Olaf for a day’s worth of photographic tour. We had been on several photo workshops with our previous travels but we are in for a real pleasant surprise with Olaf. We started the day at 9.30am on a rare cloudy dull and rainy sky. Yet Olaf manage to make the early part of the trip educational by spending time learning about our skill level of photography. The rest of the day became more interesting when the sun started to shine and the photographic opportunities improved. Olaf took us places that are truly a photographer’s paradise. We ended the day on a promontory watching the famous Santorini sunset and appreciating the wonderful light of blue hour of the whitewashed houses of village on the cliff. What we learned were the basics of good photography and mastery of the camera. We also received tips on composition and “viewing the scene” from a different perspective. We also spent 2 hours practicing with various filters to produced pleasing photographs. We finished the day at 9.30 pm long after the sun had set. By the time, Olaf drop us at the hotel we were tired but wizened with ideas on how to photograph Santorini.

How would I summarize our experience with Olaf? A great and patient teacher who can tailor his teaching to commensurate with our skill level (my wife is a relative beginner and I do understand “F” number from “ISO”!). He is an accomplished photographer and truly is a gentle giant to fully understand both the science and art of photography.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Olaf is a good teacher and a really pleasant fellow. My husband and I did a day photo tour with him when our cruise ship was anchored in Santorini. He had lots of good hints for me about keeping buildings and horizons level and taking lots of shots so you get the special one that really embodies how you felt about a place. He helped my husband with some iPhone tricks also. We are older and I climbed up hills and stood at view points I would not have had the courage to do without his help.
I am sure if you are a beginning photographer or an expert you would enjoy a photo tour with Olaf.
Santorini is lovely and I highly recommend Olaf's photo tours.

Date of experience: April 2017