“Nice stay at Villa Murano”
Review of Villa Murano

Villa Murano
Ranked #70 of 79 Speciality Lodging in Fira
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Murano for 7 nights and had a nice experience. I think we had the best room (number 2) as we had a private balcony which was great for private sunbathing as the pool area is quite exposed (one of the only negatives about this place).
The room was fairly spacious, basic but nice and clean, as I mentioned a nice private balcony with view of the sea (not on the caldera side but towards the other side of the island), with a fridge which was handy to keep water cold and a few bits of food.
The lady on reception, Angela, was very nice and friendly. Free pick up and drop off at the airport was a nice touch too.
Fairly good location, as people say about a 10 minute walk into the centre of Fira. It is a fairly steep hill to walk up, but completely manageable.
The only downside was the pool. I don't mind that it was quite small, and only 4 sunloungers as hardly anyone was using it, but it was very exposed. The wall needs to be higher so that people at street level and driving past can't look in. We still used the pool but I did feel a bit uncomfortable with people gawking as they drove/ walked past. Also, the noise from the passing traffic can get fairly annoying, but I think this is the case for most of the hotels in the area, unless you are on the edge of the caldera, paying considerably more money.
But other than that, a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 2 as it has a nice private balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TaniaPillion
There are newer reviews for Villa Murano

Reviewed 12 May 2014

It is one of the most beautiful place .the amazing sea view and the friendly owners. I definently recomend it to you. It is the best value for money! I will come back at the same hotel for sure, next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Γιαννης Π
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We've been there last summer on honey moon and it was wonderful! Great location, and perfect for spending holidays. Up to 10 mins walking to center of Fira. Katerina and Tanassis are really special hosts - very helpful and always eager to give us their support during the vacation. We will certainly come back with pleasure and recommend this location to everyone fascinated by beautiful Santorini! Maria & Sean

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I was with my husband on Valentines Day and we stayed at Villa Murano for 5 nights. The rooms are well maintained, clean and spacious. You're only about a 7 minute walk away from the centre of the town. Katarina, was very friendly and helped us with useful information about the island.
I recommend you for a romantic and beautiful vacation, the best in Greece.
I wish her a good year in business, and we will go back again next year, for sure!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena M
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I've been here for 7 nights and everything has been perfect!we were two people and our room was quite big,so no problem of space! The hotel is located not too far from the center, 3 minutes by car!
Katerina and her husband helped us giving advices about best places to visit!!!!
If I have to come in Santorini again,I'll surely stay in Villa Murano!!!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed in Murano for a few days with my cousin and her friends. Pretty basic but EXCELLENT price. Everything was clean. Thenasis went way out of his way to accommodate me when my ferry was canceled (rough seas). Nice little walk to the town. Not too far away. Super nice & generous couple!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Well, that one was one of a kind! The dude who let us in started berating us for arriving when we arrived, which was just a taste of what was to come. Then he showed us the room that looked nothing like what we booked, and then proceeded to get angry and passive aggressive when we didn't want to stay there. A moment later he asked us to see a different room upstairs an stat one did look like our reserved one. We both were relieved and were ready to forgive the dude, but he said he just wanted to show it to us but won't let us stay there, even though its empty. Whether it was a mental condition or a hormonal imbalance I will never know. We were exhausted after a 24 hour ferry marathon, but even that didn't make us wanna stay. We left and found a different spot. Avoid it if u can.

Room Tip: If u do have to stay there, choose upstairs.