“Brilliant”

Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Fira
Brisbane, Australia
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2007

What can you say - great position, great view, great service, great view, great food, great view.

This was an ideal place to unwind - overlooking the caldera and not too many steps into the main town.

Rooms had big verandahs with the great view and heaps if room to spread out.

Home made breakfast from the family who own the hotel - but only 2 tables outside that only seat 2 - so be quick!!

This is our second trip to Santorini and we would definately stay here again next time.

Trick for booking - beware only 1 or 2 rooms have jacuzzi outside all others are the bathtub!!

• Liked — Position
  • Disliked — Nothing was all delightful
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Greek first
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2007

I just spent 8 days at Villa Renos in Santorini and absolutely loved my stay here. The family who run this small establishment were kind, courteous and friendly and the breakfast cooked by Zina was incredible. Vassili, Petros and Zina have a beautiful hotel with magnificient views over the Caldera. Every room has a great view and matched with the fine service I recommend this establishment to anyone who wishes to experience Santorini to it's fullest extent. Watching the sunset from my sundeck each evening made my stay here one that I will never forget. I will certainly stay here again and I recommend it to anyone who wishes to have an excellent location, magnificent views and great homemade breakfast and the company of a family who really cares about their guests.

Joe (Australia)

1 Thank JoeAustralia
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2007

Villa Renos was perfect! Zina and Vassillis were perfect hosts from the moment we arrived until we left. We booked a deluxe room and had a jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the caldera and sea - amazing! Even the small pool was the perfect place for an afternoon drink whil watching the famous sunset. You know it is in a good location when people just above your hotel are taking photos of Santorini and the sunset.

Breakfast was also amazing - many hotels say 'home cooked' breakfast, but this was absolutely true at Villa Renos. Zina provides the eggs and tomatoes from her own garden and each morning the huge breakfast differs slightly with offerings of traditional greek food including yoghurt, feta pastries, fresh fruit, crepes, almond cake and if that isn't enough they will also cook you bacon and eggs!

The location is in the middle of Fira near all the restauarants, cafe's and shopping - but is very quiet in your room even when the town is buzzing.

Everything is taken care of and even with the highest of hopes for our stay - all our expectations were surpassed!

• Liked — View, room, staff, breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing!
1 Thank MJILfamily
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

We just celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary by renewing our marriage vows at Villa Renos. Our hosts, Petros, Zina and Vassilis helped this intimate and private ceremony to be the perfect celebration of our life together and the promise of renewed commitment to our shared future.

A word of mouth recommendation led us to this wonderful family-owned villa and, of our ten weeks in Europe, this stay was the highlight. The combination of position, views, home cooking and our hosts’ hospitality could not be bettered. They combine the best of professional service with a genuine and personal touch which left us with unforgettable memories.

We hope to return and would never consider staying elsewhere. We have no hesitation in recommending Villa Renos and Santorini to anyone contemplating visiting the Aegean.

Colin & Peta Langmaid (48)
Perth, Western Australia – June 2007

Stayed June 2007
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2007

Santorini has been my favorite destination for easter and summer holidays for many years. As a consequence, I ve' stayed at a number of hotels and rooms. For the past three years, though, I prefer staying at Villa Renos, a beautiful hotel located at Fira, at the cliff of Caldera, for its undiminished and constantly upgrading services.
This September, along with my fiance, I 've stayed once more at Villa Renos. I originally traced the hotel from its website [--]Although it seemed a bit overpriced comparing to the hotels I 've stayed in the past -however not located at Fira- I must admit that Villa Renos offers the best prices in comparison with all the other hotels at Fira, at the cliff of Caldera. Taking also into consideration the stunning view, the 4star hotel services and the hospitality of the owners and the staff, I recommend it without reserve to every client demanding high services, experienced, smiling and helpful personel, unforgetable sunsets.
One of the things I mostly enjoy every time I stay at Villa Renos is breakfast at the hotel, which can be served at the balcony of the dinning room, facing the panorama of aegean blue. Beakfast is carefully prepared from the owners, Petros and Zina, who cultivate all vegetables and fruits in their own garden, and also bring eggs from their farm.
This time, we enjoyed our staying at Villa Renos as always and we hope that we will be able to stay again there, as it seems better and better every time .

Georgia Makropoulou, Athens, Greece
Attorney at law

• Liked — View, hospitality, breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

The sunsets from the balconies at the Villa Renos were the most beautiful we have ever seen! The breakfast was fabulous and the service couldnt have been any better! We loved the Villa Renos and would definitely stay there again!

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2007

I have just returned from Villa Renos staying for 6 nights with my 10 year old son and a friend. This was part of a 6 week holiday where we stayed in a variety of hotels. Most were great (except for one) however this hotel was everything and more than we could have wished for. I can not imagine anyone finding anything to complain about. The views and the position of the hotel were superb. Our room was so beautiful and comfortable that we found it hard to leave. We had a view that would be hard to beat anywhere on the island. Vassilis and his family were perfect hosts and Andreas ( I think that was his name) who did any carrying of bags up and down the stairs was so friendly and wonderful. The jacuzzi on our balcony was fabulous There is no way to describe how good and plentiful the breakfasts were. This breakfast made you start the day with no doubt that you were in Greece. I have no hesitation in recommending Villa Renos. I will return to Villa Renos without doubt!!!

• Liked — The position of the hotel and the view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family